Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Professor Funk posted:

Everything about the Jets comes down to their incompetent buffoon of an owner

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1773103430803845592?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

I hope it was over Zach Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fsif posted:

I live on Long Island.

I'm sorry

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Everything about the Jets comes down to their incompetent buffoon of an owner

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1773103430803845592?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Twitter is saying this was about the Metlife turf lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Twitter is saying this was about the Metlife turf lol

That seems like a totally valid thing to be mad about but also probably like number 20 on the list of things Saleh should be mad about

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Plot thickens

https://twitter.com/connor_j_hughes/status/1773144541995880570?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I'm sorry

I'll save everyone the trouble and just say "spiderman meme."

Nov 6, 2002

I'm being told Woody and Saleh actually kissed before parting ways and were seen holding hands off and on all night.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

aren't these the dudes that survive entirely on access?

regardless it's not remotely unbelievable that Saleh and Woody have a strained relationship since it's pretty clear Saleh isn't in control of poo poo while having to eat all the losses. maybe he would be terrible anyway but ive never gotten the feeling the dude's allowed much of any input outside of defense

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

connor acts like he has access but he doesn't break any stories lol

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

I love the New York Jets.

Like I actually hate them and want them to lose all the time, but if the Bills ever move and I had to become a fan of a new team, I think I'd just become a Jets fan.
Dude, seriously?

I would still root for cool teams, like teams quarterbacked by Josh Allen and the Lions.
I would never root for the Jets, though I would never have the good sense to bandwagon a proven winner.

I would still post in this thread though, I'm a part of it now. And it's a part of me.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It'd be a very weird detached fandom. Like I think I'd still want them to lose but they'd be the team I follow the most.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If I could shake the shackles of Dolphins fandom I would joyously watch football rooting for whichever storyline is coolest and nothing else.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

If watching the XFL taught me anything it’s that without a hereditary fandom I will root for whatever team first builds a massive beer snake or equivalent alcohol centric idol.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anime Store Adventure posted:

If watching the XFL taught me anything it’s that without a hereditary fandom I will root for whatever team first builds a massive beer snake or equivalent alcohol centric idol.

I chose the Sea Dragons for very good deep seated personal reasons cause they had a cool name and were like the one team that wasn’t from the southeast.

I want to root for Michigan but why in gods name are they the Panthers? This dogshit XFL/USFL merger isn’t even trying

Put The Rock’s character from Ballers in charge instead of the actual Rock :colbert:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 28, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I simply root for chaos. Has worked out for me more times than not :stoked:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Sean McDermott goes alot of different directions in his analogies.

“It’s like wearing corduroys. Every couple years, it’s like, are corduroys in or are they not? And so actually, you should be wearing them when they’re not in, to really be ahead of the curve. Right?”

This is in response to the question of the Bills weapons at WR...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
https://x.com/PFF_Dolphins/status/1769048739119870057?s=20

Each team was graded on their "best" and "worst" FA move. Miamis best was Fuller, which got an A+ grade. Miami didn't have a worst.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

He's an upgrade over X for less than 1/3rd of the cost. Definitely the best FA move for the phins.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

pasaluki posted:

Sean McDermott goes alot of different directions in his analogies.

“It’s like wearing corduroys. Every couple years, it’s like, are corduroys in or are they not? And so actually, you should be wearing them when they’re not in, to really be ahead of the curve. Right?”

This is in response to the question of the Bills weapons at WR...

I mean compared to praising the 9/11 hijackers this is like nobel laureate poo poo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Docjowles posted:

I mean compared to praising the 9/11 hijackers this is like nobel laureate poo poo

what would mohamed atta wear

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I would like the Buffalo Bills to draft Marvin Harrison Jr.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

t a s t e posted:

I would like the Buffalo Bills to draft Marvin Harrison Jr.

If we pass on him I'm going to be pissed.

I'm already prepping for the meltdown

Nov 6, 2002

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

If we pass on him I'm going to be pissed.

I'm already prepping for the meltdown

if?

lol they are taking a qb

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cool cool. This is all cool. Missed opportunity to drive the point home with "Fake News!".

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1773421710982742057?s=20

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/woodyjohnson4/status/1773420725379923978

THE FAKE NEWS MEDIA (that i own) IS LYING ABOUT ME!

Nov 6, 2002

Well now we know it was true. Thanks Woody.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

if?

lol they are taking a qb

There is nothing you can tell me or convince me (you can try if you’d like) that he shouldn’t be the pick @ 3.

If you look at the stats of any QB taken in the top 5 for the last decade it doesn’t really pan out on being the smartest pick. It’s so loving easy to miss on drafting a QB and I don’t have to sit here and start naming names from the last 5 years. The Patriots are not a better team if you take the roster as it currently sits and put Maye/Daniels at the helm of it. I’m sorry, but that’s just facts and taking a Maye/Daniels “bECaUsE wE nEeD QB” isn’t the answer.

We haven’t had an outside target that teams feared or had to gameplan for since 2010? Harrison solves that problem and will make Brissett better for it while MHJ is the closest thing to a surefire prospect as you can get.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Also, the notion that the Pats are open to trading 3 because they're not in love with the prospects tells you exactly why forcing a QB pick is a terrible idea.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

There is nothing you can tell me or convince me (you can try if you’d like) that he shouldn’t be the pick @ 3.

If you look at the stats of any QB taken in the top 5 for the last decade it doesn’t really pan out on being the smartest pick. It’s so loving easy to miss on drafting a QB and I don’t have to sit here and start naming names from the last 5 years. The Patriots are not a better team if you take the roster as it currently sits and put Maye/Daniels at the helm of it. I’m sorry, but that’s just facts and taking a Maye/Daniels “bECaUsE wE nEeD QB” isn’t the answer.

We haven’t had an outside target that teams feared or had to gameplan for since 2010? Harrison solves that problem and will make Brissett better for it while MHJ is the closest thing to a surefire prospect as you can get.

I agree with your position. Brissett might not be the QB of the future, but that QB will need someone to throw the ball too.

Nov 6, 2002

To play devil's advocate, the thing is when is the next time the Patriots will be sitting with a #3 draft pick in their hot little hands?

It ultimately *should* come down to how much the team believes in whatever QB they have their eyes on. But I suspect it's as much about appearances and pleasing ownership than rational decision making.

Like if they think whatever QB they draft only has a 20% chance of being a franchise QB, and MHJ has like an 80% of a being a stud, then they are morons for passing on MHJ.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

To play devil's advocate, the thing is when is the next time the Patriots will be sitting with a #3 draft pick in their hot little hands?

It ultimately *should* come down to how much the team believes in whatever QB they have their eyes on. But I suspect it's as much about appearances and pleasing ownership than rational decision making.

Like if they think whatever QB they draft only has a 20% chance of being a franchise QB, and MHJ has like an 80% of a being a stud, then they are morons for passing on MHJ.

I get you and I don't mean to pick on the Jets but when the team is putting out they're not in love with the prospects and compiled with a QB not making this team better with the current roster I just really fear a situation where we draft someone @ 3 like Darnold who ends up sucking and then in a year or 2 we're back in the top 3 and we're taking a QB like Wilson because "Welp, the last guy didn't work out so roll the dice on another one and hope it works"

I'd rather sure up the other positions of the team with better rated prospects and come back for a QB later or while putting the pieces together to get an eventual long term starter in there where he some talent around him to win.

All day I'd rather have Brissett/Zappe to MHJ which opens up the secondary WRs/TE and a running game instead of Daniels/Maye to JJSS/Boutte/Bourne while opposing teams Defensive coaches look at this and laugh like "come the gently caress on they're starting this against us?!" which was basically what this season was.

Nov 6, 2002

Well I don't know how you get a QB if you don't keep taking one until you find one that hits.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a team panic-take a QB (one that isn't one of the top 3 expected=Caleb/Maye/Daniels) between needing one and knowing next year's class of them already looks noticeably worse than this class. If MHJ falls at all you take him, don't be that team

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Well I don't know how you get a QB if you don't keep taking one until you find one that hits.

Go QB in the middle rounds, sign UDFAs, take a chance on someone with high upside. Aaron Rodgers went at the end of the first, Lamar Jackson went in the second if I recall, and Russell Wilson was a third rounder.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I'm fine coming back later and looking at guys like Nix or Pennix although him being a lefty with bad knees scares me but looking in later rounds or pushing it off a year is not an idea I hate. When I see Daniels and Maye at 3 all I think about are Trubinsky, Jake Locker, Dwayne Haskins, Josh Rosen, Marcus Mariota, Bortles etc.

Give me the almost cant miss WR prospect that can give me 10 good years that makes my team as it is infinitely better vs rolling the dice and going "Welp, hope this guy doesn't suck"

Anderson Koopa posted:

Go QB in the middle rounds, sign UDFAs, take a chance on someone with high upside. Aaron Rodgers went at the end of the first, Lamar Jackson went in the second if I recall, and Russell Wilson was a third rounder.

Need I remind you about Round: 6 / Pick: 199 in 2000?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Lieutenant Centaur fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 28, 2024

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My view is that the surrounding talent and offensive coaching are as important as the prospect themselves, so if you can get a haul of 3 firsts you should do that, especially if the prospect is as flawed as JD looks to be.

Like I don't think being at the top of the draft is that relevant when finding a QB. I think the Lamar Jackson at the end of the first is a red herring, since the league has learned and that kind of guy won't fall so late anymore, but even beyond that, Mahomes was a 10th overall, Josh Allen a 7th, both gotten by modest trade ups from the middle of the 1st. Love was taken late 1st, Dak's a 4th, Stafford was a trade. The only guys you'd really crank hog for in the top few picks are Burrow and Stroud.

So yeah, get those 3 firsts from the Vikings, solve WR and LT in round 1 then just sign Dak in free agency next year. Simple.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I wouldn’t worry about him being left handed so much as I’d worry about him not being accurate at all

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

When you draft a QB into a lovely roster you end up with the same interminable arguments about if he's playing bad because he sucks or because he has no talent around him for pretty much his whole rookie contract.

Nov 6, 2002

That is actually a great point.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

When you draft a QB into a lovely roster you end up with the same interminable arguments about if he's playing bad because he sucks or because he has no talent around him for pretty much his whole rookie contract.

Eh, I think the guys who are legit NFL QBs elevate the roster enough that you can tell. Stroud did it in Houston. Love’s top targets were two first year players and a second year, none taken in the first round.

I think the bigger issue whether your coaches are actually able to build an offense that works with your players.