Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

If you are a resident of the northeastern US you're doubtless familiar with the Polar beverage co., one of New england's most iconic food companies.

Polar makes Orange Dry, which is imo the best orange soda commercially available. Think Orangina, but better. Now here's my issue: a few years ago, polar changed their labels. And now it's super fuckin easy for me to accidentally grab the diet variety, which is objectively worse. Look at this poo poo:

I'm trying to drum up support to get congress to do something about this deceptive salesmanship, please post itt to sign the petition. This is a worse problem than any current world events imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
signed. good luck op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I noticed this very thing the last time I was at Stop ‘n Shop op. Thinking to head up the Worcester HQ and drop a comment in the Comments and Suggestions box.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

We have Polar here in Minnesota bum rear end op. I thought it was a generic brand TBH, Minnesota-produced small batch craft Janjarel is the superior carbonated beverage. Bum rear end

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

That's fine. I guess you're just losers then.

add false advertising to the list, that is clearly a liquid and thus not dry

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

free hubcaps posted:

If you are a resident of the northeastern US you're doubtless familiar with the Polar beverage co., one of New england's most iconic food companies.

Polar makes Orange Dry, which is imo the best orange soda commercially available. Think Orangina, but better. Now here's my issue: a few years ago, polar changed their labels. And now it's super fuckin easy for me to accidentally grab the diet variety, which is objectively worse. Look at this poo poo:

I'm trying to drum up support to get congress to do something about this deceptive salesmanship, please post itt to sign the petition. This is a worse problem than any current world events imo.

I agree, the labels are very similar and difficult to differentiate. I have no reason not to sign your petition.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
honestly this is one of those things where sending a decent written letter would have a decent chance at getting them to change their labels. readability to consumers is something that companies tend to take pretty seriously

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Have you tried reading things op

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

That's a weird looking Faygo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

We have Polar here in Minnesota bum rear end op. I thought it was a generic brand TBH, Minnesota-produced small batch craft Janjarel is the superior carbonated beverage. Bum rear end

hater much?

Airconswitch
Aug 23, 2010

Boston is truly where it all began. Join me in continuing this bold endeavor, so that future generations can say 'this is where the promise was fulfilled.'

Froghammer posted:

Have you tried reading things op

are you some kinda fuckin communist I'm a CONSUMER I ain't got time to read

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Smugworth posted:

bum rear end.... Bum rear end

What'd you say about my butt

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

kntfkr posted:

hater much?

Tired of bum rear end new englanders forgetting the midnorth exists

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How unfortunate that you are both colorblind and illiterate and thus keep buying the wrong soda.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Lmao. Sorry you're from coastless Maine smugworth. At least you don't have to deal with moxie tho I guess.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

you can't let them get away with this OP

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

Lmao. Sorry you're from coastless Maine smugworth. At least you don't have to deal with moxie tho I guess.

I'm from Minnesota
bum rear end

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

new england does got england in the name. pretty fail

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP, this isn't an IQ test, it's a task that 4 year olds are supposed to find rewarding.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Three Olives posted:

OP, this isn't an IQ test, it's a task that 4 year olds are supposed to find rewarding.

First funny 3O post
lmao got bum rear end op

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Smugworth posted:

I'm from Minnesota
bum rear end

I guess metaphors are too much for midwesterners so I'll rephrase it as a simile: Minnesota is like Maine sans the ocean, hth!

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

free hubcaps posted:

what's wrong with moxie? I drank it in Arkansas and thought it was alright!

(Cheerwine is great though)

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it says the word "diet" in big letters on the label op, i'm not seeing the problem here

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

I guess metaphors are too much for midwesterners so I'll rephrase it as a simile: Minnesota is like Maine sans the ocean, hth!

bumass

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Maybe don’t be in such a hurry to flood your body with aspartame?

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
Didn't read the op but polar seltzer water is very tasty.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
*cracks open an ice cold Barq's root beer*

I don't see what the problem is here.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Shasta rear end soda lmao

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Didn't read the op but polar seltzer water is very tasty.

I mean to be fair, neither did the op as evidenced by the post.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Never heard of it, op.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

orange dry owns so hard. it's delicious and inexpensive. i think its just as good if not better than orangina, and those huge bottles are less than a buck.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
DON'T OFFER ME ORANGINA

THE TRUTH IS I PREFER FANTA

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I love the giant polar bear that you can see from the interstate when you drive by their office in Worcester.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Three Olives posted:

"they're the same picture"

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

free hubcaps posted:

Foxons white birch has the same issue!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Thats crazy what they did to that libation man

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They fuckin with the libations, they made a movie about that, called it A Bridge Too Far.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

It's disgusting that you drink any full sugar beverage, OP. "Waaaahhh, diet doesn't taste as good!" It's 80 grams of added sugar per bottle (32g x 2.5 servings) you sicko

God drat

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

They fuckin with the libations, they made a movie about that, called it A Bridge Too Far.

Start a protest.

LIBATION!
LIBERATION!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

That's how much sugar is in that bottle OP. 20 tsp. That's hosed