Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Might do it. I do enjoy a good situation comedy. THough I wish it didn't take so long to say "situation comedy" but alas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

yes

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I would, if I were you.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
leaning pretty hard to yes right now. Okay, time for the pilot.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
theme song is loving badass

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

It starts off light hearted but later the guy (Danny devito?) shaves his head and starts murdering people

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I watched Taxi for the first time like 15 years ago. Did not regret it. Danny Devito, Judd Hirsch, Christopher Lloyd, Tony Danza, and Andy Kaufman??? Are you joking?? That's an all-star cast if there ever was one.

In the same vein, Mork & Mindy is a great throwback just for Robin Williams alone.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Literally A Person posted:

theme song is loving badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lDuFxKWdGw

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
No Christopher Lloyd in the pilot but so far, given the time period, it's p okay.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

loving Rhodes organ all day and night please

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Thesaurus posted:

It starts off light hearted but later the guy (Danny devito?) shaves his head and starts murdering people

He drew first blood

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

No Christopher Lloyd in the pilot but so far, given the time period, it's p okay.

Remember how Danny Devito wasn't in the first season of It's Always Sunny? History doesn't necessarily repeat itself, but it does occasionally rhyme.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
I used to watch Taxi and other old shows as a kid very early in the morning before school when it was dark. Insane comfort watch

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

given the time period

An important qualifier

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

it's one of DeNiro's earliest and IMO it's not very good but we all had to start somewhere

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Might do it. I do enjoy a good situation comedy. THough I wish it didn't take so long to say "situation comedy" but alas

Mod Challenge: make him stream the whole movie while providing MST3k commentary.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

it's one of DeNiro's earliest and IMO it's not very good but we all had to start somewhere

Well, someone had to

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

SilvergunSuperman posted:

An important qualifier

fr fr

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Beginning of episode 2 features a funky AF jam after the opening credits. P sure I'm gonna watch the whole run of this show for the 12 second music stabs.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Haverchuck posted:

I used to watch Taxi and other old shows as a kid very early in the morning before school when it was dark. Insane comfort watch

:same:

real deja vu moment as I grew up and saw the actors in other roles. Like remembering a lullaby

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

If there isn't a devito/deniro Taxi(driver) crossover then there SHOULD be

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

loving Rhodes organ all day and night please

:same:

It's a shame no one really uses them anymore

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sorry but you have to watch the movie Taxi with Queen Latifah instead.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

No.

NO!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

then you have to watch Cop Out sorry thats the rules

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I think it is pretty good

I say this as very vaguely remembering reruns being on like UPN or something in the after afterschool cartoons but before primetime slot when I was a kid

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

Then warch Crash with Holly Hunter, then Crash with Sandra Bullock, after a while watch Drive and Baby Driver.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Vampire Panties posted:

then you have to watch Cop Out sorry thats the rules

covidstomper58 posted:

Then warch Crash with Holly Hunter, then Crash with Sandra Bullock, after a while watch Drive and Baby Driver.

real sick poo poo

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Ya, it's good. Christopher Lloyd was a great addition but Andy Kaufman became a legend on the show.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I haven't seen Taxi since I was a child but it has Danny DeVito. Anything with DeVito is a must watch.

It's sad that he is 79 years old. We could be saying goodbye to a legend shortly.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I think there's a lot you could learn, surely

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

TengenNewsEditor posted:

to anyone about to see Taxi (1998) for the first time:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

even if you love queen latifah and jimmy fallon you should probably skip taxi

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Taxi Driver is loving excellent and is scorcese's best film

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Taxi great show tho.

I still can't stand Christ kataan

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!

Valko posted:

It's sad that he is 79 years old. We could be saying goodbye to a legend shortly.

Danny DeVito isn't a legend, he's a verifiably real human being. Atlantis is a legend.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Christopher Lloyd is old as poo poo and we have the same birthday. Great Scott!!!!!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

So Back to The Future was made in 1985. One year after I was born. Christopher Lloyd has looked old almost as long as I've been alive.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Oh, I forgot Taxi with Queen Latifah co-starred Jimmy Fallon. That movie is even worse than I remembered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Do a Taxi/Welcome Back Kotter/WKRP in Cincinnati marathon followed by 2 hours of the Golden Girls!