Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
So it came up in the state of the forums thread that we should have funny ads for nordvpn. The site makes a bunch of money from it already but a lot of people don't know. I haven't put a banner in the rotation because their banners are pretty boring and serious. So....let's make nordvpn ads that aren't boring.

We are subject to some rules here. The banners should be 468x60 and png, gif, or jpg. By order of nordvpn's rules, we cannot use content that is "unlawful, harmful, threatening or otherwise objectionable; facilitates or promotes illegal file sharing, copyright infringement or computer hacking; facilitates or promotes any other criminal activity or breach of civil law" so let's not tempt them to kick us off. They have to be work safe if as well if that's not clear.

Here is my own entry:

I am only going to use a few of these, maybe 1-3. I think all of them will make me laugh though. If you want to do an ad and have a better chance of it being used on the site, I present an alternative:

Unregistered user ads:

These are ads for Something Awful itself. The goal is to get people who would actually enjoy it here to register by showcasing our sense of humor. They would be shown only to guests, and would all link to the "register an account" store page. I think having a pool of silly ads will be more effective in showing users what they might find here than the rather-dry forum index does by itself. They should be either 160x600 for the sidebar, or 300x250 for the "adbot" slot. We can use a bunch of these though they should still be work safe and not like....horribly off-putting in a not-funny way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i got u jeffrey

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

I use NordVPN.

Normally I go via Luxembourg.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Grey Cat posted:

Run the dee eight NordVPN special.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

MulderⒸ and ScullyⒸ are obviously copyright and NordVPN probably wouldn't like a call from the lawyers at Fox Broadcasting Company so...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

itry
Aug 23, 2019

A concept, maybe...

edit: posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

itry fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 29, 2024

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

So it came up in the state of the forums thread that we should have funny ads for nordvpn. The site makes a bunch of money from it already but a lot of people don't know. I haven't put a banner in the rotation because their banners are pretty boring and serious. So....let's make nordvpn ads that aren't boring.

We are subject to some rules here. The banners should be 468x60 and png, gif, or jpg. By order of nordvpn's rules, we cannot use content that is "unlawful, harmful, threatening or otherwise objectionable; facilitates or promotes illegal file sharing, copyright infringement or computer hacking; facilitates or promotes any other criminal activity or breach of civil law" so let's not tempt them to kick us off. They have to be work safe if as well if that's not clear.

Here is my own entry:

I am only going to use a few of these, maybe 1-3. I think all of them will make me laugh though. If you want to do an ad and have a better chance of it being used on the site, I present an alternative:

Unregistered user ads:

These are ads for Something Awful itself. The goal is to get people who would actually enjoy it here to register by showcasing our sense of humor. They would be shown only to guests, and would all link to the "register an account" store page. I think having a pool of silly ads will be more effective in showing users what they might find here than the rather-dry forum index does by itself. They should be either 160x600 for the sidebar, or 300x250 for the "adbot" slot. We can use a bunch of these though they should still be work safe and not like....horribly off-putting in a not-funny way.

how much does this work pay

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

my rate starts at $50 an hour jeffrey, and i do take my time

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

itry posted:

A concept, maybe...

hell yeah

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

TremorX fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Mar 29, 2024

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

i will not be expending effort to produce adverts for the NordVPN corporation for free, op.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Love when my companies have nordic values as part of the name, it is not at all suspicious

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

lmfao

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

holy moly

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Lol, but something tells me nord doesn't want pedophile content on our nord banner.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
I mean you don't have to advertise nordvpn or SA directly, you just gotta entice them to click

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Grey Cat posted:

Lol, but something tells me nord doesn't want pedophile content on our nord banner.

so? mullvad is 5€ a month btw, they dont take your personal info so another nordvpn leak isn't possible. cheers :cheers:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol:

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
it sounded funnier in my head

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Pac and Cheese posted:

i got u jeffrey

Some goon actually told me this once and I'm still not sure if it's true or not.

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

More like nerd vpn (u may use this in a banner)

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Here's mine. I retimed it so the punchline lands better.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Here is my own entry:

Unregistered user ads:

I don't want to do your job for you.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i payed for no ads, so im wondering which ones are running already

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

euroshopper posted:

i payed for no ads, so im wondering which ones are running already

you should have just got an ad blocker.

euroshopper
Aug 14, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you should have just got an ad blocker.

i wanted to support jeff in these stressful times

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

euroshopper posted:

i wanted to support jeff in these stressful times

I want to annoy Jeff in this stress full time

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Quackles posted:

Here's mine. I retimed it so the punchline lands better.

I assure you I watched this quite a few times to confirm, and I hate to say it, but, no ring.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Animal-Mother posted:

I assure you I watched this quite a few times to confirm, and I hate to say it, but, no ring.

lol

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Animal-Mother posted:

*no webring :smuggo:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Animal-Mother posted:

:downswords:

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Panama is also quite loving far from the Nordics.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F
Nov 6, 2005

Blow posted:

I use NordVPN.

Normally I go via Luxembourg.

Shouldn't you be dead by now?