Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The 2023-24 season was an eventful and exciting one for the AFC south. Let’s go team by team for an overview of what’s going on.

HOUSTON TEXANS

The Texans had a first time head coach and a highly drafted rookie quarterback. They drastically exceeded expectations and ended up winning the division after some other events fell their way in week 18, and they even managed to win a playoff game against the disgusting pervs from Cleveland. They have splashed a shitload of money around this off-season since their quarterback is cheap, but they also traded out of the first round of a loaded draft. They’ll probably be good again but you never know with sophomore slumps.

KEY ADDITIONS: Stefon Diggs, WR
Joe Mixon, RB
Danielle Hunter, EDGE
Denico Autry, DT/DE

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

The Colts also had a highly drafted rookie QB and a first time coach. Anthony Richardson got hurt a ton and went on IR early in the season but the colts made a playoff push behind a very solid roster and coaching. Oh, and dogshit QB play that managed to be almost good enough from Gardner Minshew. They extended some of their own guys but basically didn’t bring in anybody noteworthy in free agency. They are in a decent spot to draft a high end cornerback, a good wr prospect to pair with Michael Pittman, or maybe they can take Michael penix to replace their injured bust QB instead. Idk

NOTABLE ADDITIONS: Joe Flacco baby!!

TENNESSEE TITANS

The titans ran it back with their roster of old dudes and surly coach, who could have imagined it would go badly? Ryan tannehill got injured and benched, the defense sucked, and the offensive line was a nightmare. The few positives were that Will Levis showed enough promise in a few of his starts to give him a shot as the starter in 2024. Deandre Hopkins was good too, and the 2023 draft class looked better than the last few, but Mike Vrabel got fired anyway. The titans spent a ton of money in free agency after parting ways with tannehill, Derrick Henry, Kevin byard, and lots of other schmucks. They will probably either take a tackle at 7 or try to trade down. Ok bye.

NOTABLE ADDITIONS: CB L’jarius Sneed
WR Calvin Ridley
C LlOyd cushenberry
CB Chidobe Awuzie
RB Tony Pollard

TREVOR BUST

Lol. After a triumphant comeback victory over the pathetic San Diego super chargers in the 22/23 playoffs the Busters were planning on being, if not a shoo-in to win the division, at least the likely favorite. They proceeded to replicate the 22/23 titans season almost perfectly, down to a humiliating defeat in week 18 to knock them out of the playoffs. The fanbase is down bad and I won’t take any more potshots that aren’t necessary but I don’t think people are feeling super optimistic. They are in the same draft range as the colts and probably also need an impact WR or secondary help. Pencil in Brian Thomas Jr here if he’s available I guess.

NOTABLE ADDITIONS: Gabe Davis lol

———-

The draft is in two weeks. Start poo poo posting and saying Big Jeff a lot in preparation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Big Jeff

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Two weeks til draft, Titan Up

Metapod posted:

Big Jeff

That’s right

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Bring back the Oilers uniforms.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Big Will

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Geoffrey Gigante

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fartknocker posted:

Bring back the Oilers uniforms.

Please let go of your childhood and move on

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Metapod posted:

Please let go of your childhood and move on

Both the Titans and Texans uniforms are :geno: and replacing either with the objectively gorgeous Oilers uniforms would make their games most visually appealing.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Really hoping we land Big Joe.

Metapod posted:

Big Jeff

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I really am excited for this draft. Titans at 7 could do any number of things. There's universes in which Marvin Harrison Jr drops that low (though it takes an incredible balance of GMs being dumb about him not doing any combine or pro day stuff and evaluating Nabers higher), Malik Nabers may end up dropping there depending on what happens with the Chargers at 5, and ofc Joe Alt if the quarterbacks and those two WR go in order.

If all three are somehow gone, trading down is a very good option since JJ McCarthy would still be on the board and the Titans lack a third this year plus with the draft being so heavy with OL, WR and from what I can tell has some good options at EDGE too, why not move down?

Carthon and Co. have done a killer job in free agency so the needs are relatively manageable with the picks the team has. They don't HAVE to get a top WR now that they have Ridley. They don't HAVE to take a top Corner now with Chido and L'Jarius, etc.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Apr 11, 2024

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm waiting on the new Texans uniforms.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Soul Glo posted:

I really am excited for this draft. Titans at 7 could do any number of things. There's universes in which Marvin Harrison Jr drops that low (though it takes an incredible balance of GMs being dumb about him not doing any combine or pro day stuff and evaluating Nabers higher), Malik Nabers may end up dropping there depending on what happens with the Chargers at 5, and ofc Joe Alt if the quarterbacks and those two WR go in order.

If all three are somehow gone, trading down is a very good option since JJ McCarthy would still be on the board and the Titans lack a third this year plus with the draft being so heavy with OL, WR and from what I can tell has some good options at EDGE too, why not move down?

Carthon and Co. have done a killer job in free agency so the needs are relatively manageable with the picks the team has. They don't HAVE to get a top WR now that they have Ridley. They don't HAVE to take a top Corner now with Chido and L'Jarius, etc.

This is definitely a good draft for OL and WR, edge is pretty shallow though. I’d be thrilled with Darius Robinson, happy with Braswell or Isaac, but there’s not a ton of guys you should feel good about after where we’re picking in the second round.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

cj stroud

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Edited for improvements

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Apr 12, 2024

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
How big is this Jeff?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1778876133074694380

Bill Callahan gets his guy…..

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Should rename the division the Big Jeff division.

Big Jeff 2425: Big Jeff

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

All about the Big Jeff-ersons.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I do enjoy this enthusiasm from the 4th best team in the division.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

not really sensing any enthusiasm from jaguars fans itt

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

lobster shirt posted:

They don't have a QB coming off a promising rookie season. What's to be enthusiastic about?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

lobster shirt posted:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Colts extended Buckner for two more seasons. Probably a smart move but man it would kill these guys to sign somebody who wasn’t already a colts huh.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Colts extended Buckner for two more seasons. Probably a smart move but man it would kill these guys to sign somebody who wasn’t already a colts huh.

why mess with perfection

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

You think you know better than the anointed ones??? Only the truly blessed can make decisions for them

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
No no. CJ Stroud AKA gods son is now the anointed favorite of the blog boys. Surely this one year sample size will not fluctuate at all. Big Jeffe

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah for better or worse the team doesn't want to spend much on outside guys. I understand the philosophy and it's good to bring back productive players who already know the system but it would be nice to at least make a major signing once.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Something for the Jags fans

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I didn’t realize people actually missed their old jerseys

I think they should bring back the two tone piss helmets

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Surely this one year sample size will not fluctuate at all.

it wont

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I didn’t realize people actually missed their old jerseys

I think they should bring back the two tone piss helmets

I like the classic 90's uniforms and think they're the best ones Jax has worn. Those loving gradient helmets and the accompanying unis were the loving worst. Bad enough you use a gradient on the helmet but they went from metallic gold to matte black. Looked like someone forgot to finish painting the loving thing.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
https://twitter.com/TheSFC_official/status/1780303665787539673

Big Jeff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Tuned in to PKs radio hit with rexrode today and they basically immediately started screaming at each other about Isaiah Wilson lol. Good poo poo

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I cannot stomach PK at all. He fuckin’ sucks rear end.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I like him when he isn’t harassing people past the point of appropriateness. The way he treated Kevin Dodd was really awful. He has been on good behavior since then and is frequently right about things. Also his abrasive personality is really funny because it’s extremely hard to tell when he is kidding and when he is being self important (it’s both, always).

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I like him when he isn’t harassing people past the point of appropriateness. The way he treated Kevin Dodd was really awful. He has been on good behavior since then and is frequently right about things. Also his abrasive personality is really funny because it’s extremely hard to tell when he is kidding and when he is being self important (it’s both, always).

I like that he sometimes asks hard questions in press conferences, but his content is so self-indulgent as to be eye-rolling. I turned on a draft video like a week or two and legit like the first ten minutes was him just beefing with other journalists and I turned it off.

It’s incredible that enough people are paying into his poo poo directly to afford him a career, but :shrug:

Pretty much the only show in town I like is Buck/Lucas. Ron Slay is also wonderful but that show is mid.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Buck reising is cool. Idk, I’m only hearing any of these guys on podcasts because I don’t live in Nashville. I imagine the lot of them are a lot more grating and ever present to locals. As long as we agree that this tictactitans guy blows rear end

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Buck reising is cool. Idk, I’m only hearing any of these guys on podcasts because I don’t live in Nashville. I imagine the lot of them are a lot more grating and ever present to locals. As long as we agree that this tictactitans guy blows rear end

104.5 streams everything on YouTube and is on the iHeartRadio app fwiw. I usually have it on in the background while working. I don’t know what 102.5 does since I’m fairly certain that whole station are chuds.

And yeah TicTacTitans is extremely annoying. Every video is just dude in his home office yelling into the camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

fartknocker posted:

Something for the Jags fans
This rules. But as people in this thread have pointed out (and as Texans fans experienced prior to firing Easteby), it’s hard to be enthusiastic about the team when there’s a cancerous tumor making your personnel decisions