Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

It looks like the first Biden/Trump presidential debate will be occurring this evening - the first of two televised debates as they embark on a campaign to win the coveted Oval Office in November. Of particular interest is the fact that it is the first-ever debate between a sitting president and a former one. Experts believe controversial topics such as the Israel/Palestine conflict and abortion are likely to feature.

What are your guys thoughts? Will you be watching this evening? What are you expecting to occur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Too stressful. I'm going to eat some leftover Indian food I threw away 2 nights ago that smells not terrible.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

I'm going to watch star trek voyager. I'll read the thread during the debate and just watch highlights later.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Yes because I am a :sickos:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I've never watched a presidential debate and I'm not going to start now. People act like they're important and I guess it's good that candidates have to defend their policies in public (lol, lmao) but is there any point in actually watching it?

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

I'd rather gouge my own eyes out with a grapefruit fork.

Fortunately I have goons to give me highlights.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I'll be at the gym, so no.

It's deadlift day. :smith:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Debat

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Sounds like hell.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Drumpt

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
I’d need to be strapped down a la A Clockwork Orange to watch that poo poo

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I'm usually in bed by 9:00

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

STABASS posted:

I'm usually in bed by 9:00

Same and home by 11 :grin:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

sup pencilhands

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is one of these guys Jay Leno? I've lost track.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I. M. Gei posted:

I'll be at the gym, so no.

It's deadlift day. :smith:

Think of it this way: It's deadlift day. :getin:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Yeah I'm gonna be cranking my hog the whole time too

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
I got tired of guys in their 70s arguing a long time ago.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
it was the last election cycle

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Grey Cat posted:

I'm going to watch star trek voyager. I'll read the thread during the debate and just watch highlights later.

Watch the episode where Seven has to fight the Rock, it's basically the same

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Naw watch Threshold so you can see Tom Paris melt into goo

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
Donald Trump? The apprentice host?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

This is now a Voyager rewatch thread.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

redshirt posted:

This is now a Voyager rewatch thread.
The Chakotay episodes are better than they get credit for despite Jamake Highwater

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

You know what? It's not that bad
edit:

Froghammer posted:

The Chakotay episodes are better than they get credit for despite Jamake Highwater

Whoa yikes though, no, incorrect

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

I'm going to drink like I was watching it but actually just check the trump thread for updates. I just wanted an excuse to drink.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Froghammer posted:

One of my legit favorite Chakotay episodes is Unity, about a group of ex-drones who still share a mental link.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Prettz posted:

I'm going to drink like I was watching it but actually just check the trump thread for updates. I just wanted an excuse to drink.

:hmmyes:

funkmasterfuma
Jun 19, 2024

Getting into Something Awful and Homestuck ten years late is actually pretty cool.
No, because my Trump-loving parents are probably going to watch and force me to have conversations about how much I love Joe Biden (I don't) even though he's a communist (he isn't) who's destroying America (he isn't). They spend most of these debates just screaming at the Democrat candidate(s) for not being conservative enough.

I'm sure any hilarious gaffes will make their way to social media, so I'll just watch those when they pop up.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Wait they're doing more debates? I thought you all figured out they don't do anything years ago.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

funkmasterfuma posted:

No, because my Trump-loving parents are probably going to watch and force me to have conversations about how much I love Joe Biden (I don't) even though he's a communist (he isn't) who's destroying America (he isn't). They spend most of these debates just screaming at the Democrat candidate(s) for not being conservative enough.

I'm sure any hilarious gaffes will make their way to social media, so I'll just watch those when they pop up.

forget the op, this av/associated text is something I can get behind

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Wait they're doing more debates? I thought you all figured out they don't do anything years ago.

Hey look an Undecided Voter!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
No, because I'm playing Palworld, which got a shitload of new good content for free, OP.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Yes, because we might get to see Trump talk like a loon, or Biden do a poopie in his pants and stare off into space for extended periods.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Grey Cat posted:

I'm watching Battlestar Galactica. The last and only time I watched the series I stopped without watching the last episode or two.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

redshirt posted:

Hey look an Undecided Voter!

Australia has mandatory voting, which is actually good and should be a thing everywhere. Yeah, let's start that argument, that seems fun.

America should have mandatory voting. Discuss and if you disagree please explain why you're wrong.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I had to stop watching its a SLAUGHTER

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
Isn't it loving awesome that there is no way to watch the presidential debate without commercials?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Did they patch Still Wakes the Deep yet, it keeps resetting subtitles to On and I can't stand this poo poo n no I'm not posting in the wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
https://www.npr.org/live-updates/trump-biden-presidential-debate-2024