Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

smoking a cigar and playing dwarf fortress for several hours straight without a single eyeroll. no obligation except i gotta unclog a single drain. a moment rare as gold pressed latinum :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Hell yeah single life, being left the gently caress alone

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

the grass is always greener is probably the only good advice you ever get from old people

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019
everyone knows that rimworld surpassed dwarf fortress not just in playability but also in content quality and quantity like 5 years ago at least dude

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

that’s what the other several hours are for :twisted:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
I like my husband.

edit:

We went on a nice drive/walk today, A+++ would remarry.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 29, 2024

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Wife bad, game good.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm holding my 4 month old son so he'll go to sleep and my wife is trying to get our 2.5 yo daughter to sleep

It's not really that bad

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

three olive’s husband all stoked as hell to have a moment to himself. running both dishwashers at the same time

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Dwarf fortress owns tho

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

i hear having multiple kids is a lot like playing dwarf fortress except you can’t turn it off

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Three Olives posted:

I like my husband.

edit:

We went on a nice drive today, A+++ would remarry.

Since you're 3O, I'm gonna assume this is is your $40,000 third "fun" car or something

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Toxic Mental posted:

Since you're 3O, I'm gonna assume this is is your $40,000 third "fun" car or something

for shame. this isn’t a thread to make fun of people’s lifestyles, it’s a thread to celebrate their escape from them

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

Holiday rental.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

You can tell it's 3Os car because it has too many screens

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Management posted:

Hell yeah single life, being left the gently caress alone

I've been single my entire life :smug:

:smith:

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

I. M. Gei posted:

not the self own you think this is, fr no cap

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

TrashMammal posted:

not the self own you think this is, fr no cap

I think straight people are just broken, every single conversation I have with a straight person is "My husband is just the worst! Can you believe how men never take the trash out or do the dishes!?" and we are just like, "We both just take the trash out when it is full? What?"

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Three Olives posted:

I think straight people are just broken, every single conversation I have with a straight person is "My husband is just the worst! Can you believe how men never take the trash out or do the dishes!?" and we are just like, "We both just take the trash out when it is full? What?"

straight people are broken, yes. not really relevant to this thread though

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Three Olives posted:

You've never lived with ADHD or depression, have you?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Everyone is broken, whether you're straight and hating your wife and regretting that you never made it in college football or gay and obsessed with as many screens as possible even as you need to take out loans to keep up appearances. Human brokenness is a wonderfully large and complex spectrum.

I'm recovering from a concussion and illness so my plan is to have lovely food and play a video game for the first time in ages tonight it'll be great. I might even have some juice, spicing things up. Ooh, I should watch a dumb movie too, that'd be rad.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

syntaxfunction posted:

Everyone is broken, whether you're straight and hating your wife and regretting that you never made it in college football or gay and obsessed with as many screens as possible even as you need to take out loans to keep up appearances. Human brokenness is a wonderfully large and complex spectrum.

I'm recovering from a concussion and illness so my plan is to have lovely food and play a video game for the first time in ages tonight it'll be great. I might even have some juice, spicing things up. Ooh, I should watch a dumb movie too, that'd be rad.

is al bundy in this thread right now and did he hurt you? it’s ok to point out his parachute account

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007
I work in a different state than my s/o, we spend 65% of the year living apart.

When we're apart all I think about is spending time with my s/o and when i'm living with my s/o I wistfully think about how much I like living alone.

Relationships are funny things.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

TrashMammal posted:

is al bundy in this thread right now and did he hurt you? it’s ok to point out his parachute account

If Al is in this thread gently caress you Al those shoes were poo poo you deserve to be miserable.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

syntaxfunction posted:

If Al is in this thread gently caress you Al those shoes were poo poo you deserve to be miserable.

:baduk:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
You can love your family and also be excited to be away from them.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

not al bundy though. he’s the worst

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019
straight people are broken folks

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Was married 30 years, most of them pretty drat happily. We’re still very close friends.

Do not miss that eye roll business though. Not even a little.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my so is at home playing final fantasy 14 while i play elden ring op, it's pretty good

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

my so is at home playing final fantasy 14 while i play elden ring op, it's pretty good

sorry about ur ff14 playing partner

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

git apologist posted:

sorry about ur ff14 playing partner

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Three Olives posted:

I like my husband.

edit:

For a minute I thought you just put a box over Mike Watt’s face on the Double Nickels On the Dime album cover.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I. M. Gei posted:

Plenty of time for Dwarf Fortress, or what have you.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I think it’d be quite nice to have a partner, but I’m too old and weird for people to want to date me any more.

You can be odd when you’re young and cute but it’s not very endearing in a mid 40s woman.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

I. M. Gei posted:

You've never lived with ADHD or depression, have you?

Well, you have to give 3O a break cause he ONLY drives a 3 series BMW, which is pretty much like being homeless.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

My spouse is my best friend. Granted, I don’t have many friends.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Smugworth posted:

Dwarf fortress owns tho

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Dating and being in a relationship was always more stressful than anything else. Maybe I just never met the right person but I've come to grips with it. *Shrug*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Three Olives posted:

I like my husband.

edit:

wow you can love him that much if youd remarry.