Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Discussion/RULES Thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611665

IRC channel is located: On irc.synirc.net server and channel name is #ohgod .

:smugwizard: Rule Cheat Sheet:

Stat/Attribute points: You get them by doing things. Specifically things which are in alignment with your god's dominion and theme. The scale and scope along with the outcomes of your actions affect the number of points received at the end of the "year".

You can also get points if others do the work for you or they benefit you or others by accident or design.

Gods can gain 0 points for the year if they have somehow lost in a conflict or have had their domains reduced either by mortals, natural disasters, or divine intervention by others.
Also some gods can get nothing for taking no actions.
Also, Point gain or loss isn't always 1:1.

POINTS ARE SPENT VIA PMs OR SECRET MESSAGES TO THE GM.
ACTIONS ARE ALL WRITTEN IN POSTS AND ARE NOT SECRET. JUST YOUR STATS AND WHAT YOU’VE SPENT!!

1st Stat: Divinity [Life Points & Action Initiative]
Your life, shield, and standing. A greater divine being acts first. The more Divinity you have, the more god-like you are.
If this reaches 0 you can be captured or even killed.
:siren: Once damage has been taken, the points expended are gone.

2nd Stat: Attack [Attacking mortals/nature or Another God]
Battles between Gods only occur only one on one.
You can spend between one or all your points to harm another.
For every point spent in combat it causes 1 damage to another's divinity.
Every point spent from this stat on attacking can destroy the population of a town or equal sized amount of nature.
One point of attack can destroy a single army.
You spend Attack points to increase the area of destruction or the number of beings killed.
:siren: Once points from here are spent they are gone.

quote:

Another word on Combat: A player can Yield to the other combatant rather than be captured or killed. When this happens there are options that your opponent chooses:

Option 1: The loser will give 1d3 points taken from a stat(s) of their choosing and give it to the victor, to be used as they see fit. (The value can increase if this value becomes trivial as the game goes on.)

Option 2: The loser must come up with and give the victor a boon of great value, or promise which will be enforced by the GM. If the promise or the boon is not to the victor’s liking then they can demand another. The victor cannot dictate what the boon or promise will be, it has to come from the loser.
Note: If this process takes too much time or the loser seems to be offering lovely boons or terrible promises on purpose the GM will decide. [And trust me it will be harsh if you’re meta-gaming the boon/promise process]

Option 3: The loser is maimed by the winner. It will be humiliating, it will be obvious who inflicted the wound. It might even affect how other players and NPCs look at you. 1d3 points will be taken from your highest stat. If the stat is tied with another or more than one a die will be rolled to randomly determine which stat.

The player who yielded cannot be attacked by other the combatant for a full year (of game time not real time!). This prevents feeding each other points. The player who yielded can be attacked by others though! (No free invincibility!)

3rd Stat: Power
The more power you have the more likely you are to have your way with influence vs another.
When opposing another god’s influence action you can bid points vs another god to stop his Influence action OR twist the outcome.
Power is also the stat of being somewhere, or escaping or traveling to the mortal world.
Expending a point of power you can manifest in the world or return to the heavens.

4th Stat: Influence [Used on Nature or Mortals]
Every point spent can influence the population of a town or the equivalent of animals or natural phenomenon (a storm over the town or sandstorm to slow an army etc.). This influence on mortals can be from a charismatic speech or minor mental dominion.
Mortal beings or nature/wildlife can misinterpret or add their own ideas or actions to any instructions due to free-will.
They will not completely ignore direction from the gods unless another god has countermanded it.
Deaths can occur from natural effects or influencing a group of mortals to kill someone. But not as many as if the god used a point of Attack.
You can raise armies with each influence point you spend. Each army has an Attack of 1 and Life of 1(not divinity).

Actions:
Unopposed Reasonable Actions affecting the world always succeed and are permanent unless opposed.
Reasonable is defined here as what is acceptable in the game world [When in doubt the GM will rule].
If opposed the 'Power' stat of the two gods in the conflict are used to determine the outcome.
If the opposing god wins then the action fails or its effect is twisted.
If the opposing god loses then the action takes effect.

Unreasonable actions can still affect the world and the rules for opposing actions still apply. However there is a chance based roll that is applied to unreasonable actions. This roll will determine if fate will punish the offending god for doing something against reality. If the dice favor the god, then nothing untoward happens, if they do not then 1d3 is rolled to determine damage and they can take that damage to any stat or spread it over any number of stats.
True negation of an action or event only can happen if the opposer wins an opposed power bid, however CLEVER gods can mitigate lots of effects. This illustrates that evil can always return and that good can never be truly vanquished.

:siren: If you want to do a thing, know that the cost of doing something will be different depending on what you want to do how much/many people you want to effect or amount of area you wish to do things to.

As a rule of thumb so we're all not constantly polling me for costs I will say that baseline:
Effecting the area/people of an average town or smaller may initially cost 1 influence or attack.
Large towns/Areas will cost 2.
Small Cities/areas will cost 3.
Average cities will cost 4.
Large Cities will cost 5.
To get a larger area, you can add them together to make it happen.
***Special buildings/places will be done on a need to know basis, to prevent metagaming.***

If you want to do something more than a simple action we can kind of use the following for a rule of thumb.
:smugwizard: Note: The GM determines cost. Not the player. Argue at your own peril.
Simple, extremely minor things: 0 added to influence cost. Using attack is a simple thing, it simply does what it does and the costs won't grow for attack.
Easy acts: 1 added to influence cost.
Middling acts: 2 added to influence cost.
Medium acts: 3 added to influence cost
Advanced acts: 4 added to influence cost
Hard acts: 5 added to influence cost.
Impossible things: 6 added to influence cost

:smugwizard: Note: Setting fires or other acts that can move out of control may affect more area or less depending on circumstances. If you pay the cost and no one opposes or wins, you at LEAST get what you paid for if not more. The only way you might get less is if someone mitigates your action which of course will have its own set of costs. So even if they can't stop you completely, they might provide relief in the aftermath of an act.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 9, 2014