Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Hopper posted:

What's the advantage. Regular Bundles will still be a thing right?

Well if you like receiving games the equivalent of dollar store vampire teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

flatluigi posted:

I'm going to try it out and see just how many of them are games that I don't actually have yet. I'm betting maybe one or two per bundle, if even that.

I'm giving them one shot, although odds are I'm an idiot and will get 0 new titles.

At least someone will end up with gift copies.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Hopper posted:

What's the advantage. Regular Bundles will still be a thing right?

I'd assume that the monthly bundle games won't show up in other bundles, or at least not for several months afterwards in like a "Best of Bundles" Bundle.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

The first month, logically, will be excellent.

They want people to sign up in future months, so they have to make that first one or two particularly exciting so that others will see what they missed out on and then jump on board, hoping to get as lucky as those early adopters did.

The first month of this service should be amazing, featuring one or two very worthwhile games.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

halokiller posted:

Well if you like receiving games the equivalent of dollar store vampire teeth.

I would never be able to reach 1,000 Steam games in my library with bundles. Even if I have yet to actually play half of them.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Humble Capcom Bundle is up

1$:
STRIDER™
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Colony
LOST PLANET® 3 LOST PLANET® 3
Bionic Commando: Rearmed Bionic Commando: Rearmed

BTA: (currently 8.28$)
Resident Evil Revelations
DmC: Devil May Cry
Resident Evil™ 5 (CAVEAT: USES GFWL)
+ mor eot come

15$:
Resident Evil 5 UNTOLD STORIES BUNDLE DLC
Ultra Street Fighter® IV

Coupon: 50% off Resident Evil: Revelations 2 in the Humble Store (valid through November 15th I think)

Edited to add GFWL warning

Hopper fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Oct 14, 2015

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
How in the literal gently caress can anything be using GFWL anymore?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Not sure but it says so in the description. I guess in this case it means "no multiplayer". But I bought it for SF Ultra anyway

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Are you guys sure? I redeemed the code on steam and the store description says it is a port of the GFWL version. I haven't actually installed it though. Plus nowhere in the steam description does it mention requiring 3rd party DRM.

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 15, 2015

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
I thought GFWL was retired by Microsoft by now?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Retired, No. Dead, Yes.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

macnbc posted:

I thought GFWL was retired by Microsoft by now?

That was just a rumor. It never actually happened, but most big names got updated off GFWL in response anyway.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Just asked my buddy who was playing RE5 last night from the Bundle, he said it didn't require GFWL.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
At a guess, I'd say they copy and pasted the old Humble Store description, which never got updated when Capcom switched over to Steamworks.

Someone in the Steam thread was reporting that after buying it (don't remember from where, wasn't this bundle) they couldn't launch the Steamworks version until they bought the DLC. I have no idea what's going on there.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 15, 2015

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

John Murdoch posted:

At a guess, I'd say they copy and pasted the old Humble Store description, which never got updated when Capcom switched over to Steamworks.

Someone in the Steam thread was reporting that after buying it (don't remember from where, wasn't this bundle) they couldn't launch the Steamworks version until they bought the DLC. I have no idea what's going on there.

I bought it from Humble in their sale a few weeks ago, there was a RE4-6 pack. Like I said in the Steam thread, if the DLC is not installed/before I bought it:

And if I turn it back on:

I have no loving idea, but this is clearly not just me, because a friend ended up being the one tipping me off to this solution when I was looking into whether it could be refunded.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
I've heard that you need to buy the RE5 DLC to kill GFWL integration for good.

Chthon
May 29, 2013
This is probably a dumb question but does anyone know if the TESO Imperial Edition currently on sale for $27.19 is a standalone thing or if it's just an upgrade for previous owners of TESO? Common sense says the former since the normal price is $80 and that seems a bit steep for an upgrade but one of the bullet points on the store page says "Applies Only to Previous Standard Edition purchases" and I'm not sure what that's referring to so I'm a bit confused. I don't own TESO yet.

I'm probably still gonna get the game regardless since as far as I know it's never been this cheap but if it's $30 extra just for a horse and the ability to play as Generic White Person then I'd pass on the Imperial Edition.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chthon posted:

This is probably a dumb question but does anyone know if the TESO Imperial Edition currently on sale for $27.19 is a standalone thing or if it's just an upgrade for previous owners of TESO? Common sense says the former since the normal price is $80 and that seems a bit steep for an upgrade but one of the bullet points on the store page says "Applies Only to Previous Standard Edition purchases" and I'm not sure what that's referring to so I'm a bit confused. I don't own TESO yet.

I'm probably still gonna get the game regardless since as far as I know it's never been this cheap but if it's $30 extra just for a horse and the ability to play as Generic White Person then I'd pass on the Imperial Edition.
The description right on the page says it includes the base game. Now that I think about it it's kind of nice for the cheap horse early on but I don't think it's $7 worth of nice. I forget if there's anything special about the Imperial race besides 'pick whatever alliance you want' but there's a TESO thread where you could look it up. The horse really is a significantly expensive thing early on for your character, though, but there are wayshrines all over the drat place to fast travel that we used since neither of us wanted to spend the money.

As far as I know you can get an old copy before the F2P change off eBay for dirt cheap and that key will work just fine. Also the base game has been on sale on GMG for $15 before and I grabbed it for like $12ish after one of their usual coupons. So you can possibly do better than $20 if you try, don't know if it is worth the effort to you though.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 23, 2015

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I am dumping these keys onto here because I don't care~ Have fun.

Insurgency:
36M+9-2RIXV-0G42B

Men of War GOTY:
YKTFK-YJHYI-YV+R3

replace + with 4 or H

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Oct 30, 2015

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

InfinityComplex posted:

Men of War GOTY:
YKTFK-YJHYI-YV+R3

I took this one. Thank you very much!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I don't remember which Worms games are good and which are crap, is Armageddon worth a buck since it's in the weekly bundle?

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Worms World Party is probably the best in the series, Armageddon is the previous game with fewer weapons. Still hella fun though

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
When people talk about Worms, they're usually talking about Armageddon. So yeah, worth a buck.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
My first gripe with the Humble Monthly: I just got charged today for December and it tells me I won't get the games for 7 days.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

END ME SCOOB posted:

My first gripe with the Humble Monthly: I just got charged today for December and it tells me I won't get the games for 7 days.

Your next gripe will be that the games suck.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It's real likely, but it's the holidays and with a Steam friendlist of 300-something it's real easy to give out spare keys. Someone wants almost anything, and the games that nobody does are usually such poo poo I can hand them out to someone who sucks.

It's me, I'm the bundle canary in the coalmine.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

END ME SCOOB posted:

It's real likely, but it's the holidays and with a Steam friendlist of 300-something it's real easy to give out spare keys. Someone wants almost anything, and the games that nobody does are usually such poo poo I can hand them out to someone who sucks.

It's me, I'm the bundle canary in the coalmine.

Me too. I signed up for the first month, it was fairly disappointing, I'm giving it another poo poo.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Weekly Bundle: Eye Candy 3

$1 and up:
  • Dyscourse
  • Lumino City
  • Plug & Play

BTA:
  • Read Only Memories
  • Apotheon
  • The Next Penelope

$10:
  • D4 Dark Dreams Don't Die

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.
Are there any general opinions on the weekly?

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
This month's monthly came out today:

• The Talos Principle
  • The Masterplan
  • Mushroom 11
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Spelunky
  • A Fistful of Gun

Not that bad I've been looking to buy The Talos Principle for awhile. And I just bought the Masterplan on Steam (so I guess I'll see about returning that)

And next month promises Alien Isolation.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Each Monthly Bundle has been reasonably good to me. A few games I was looking to get but haven't yet, and a few I never thought about and ended up being pleasant suprised by.

Though I am stupid and buy way too many bundles as it is...

On that note, is there any freaking app anywhere that can compare your Humble Bundle library to your Steam one to see which games keys you have already redeemed/own so I can figure out what I need to activate and what I can start using for giveaways?

I know I have some overlap being bundles and all, but drat if their library part of the site isn't slow/broken as hell and makes me have to go into each purchase to see all my keys because the search doesn't find them all. :argh:

Why the hell do you connect your Steam account to the site if it doesn't DO anything to help with something as useful as this?!?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

EdEddnEddy posted:

Why the hell do you connect your Steam account to the site if it doesn't DO anything to help with something as useful as this?!?

Because at one point it did and then Steam disabled the authorization it and a bunch of similarly convenient sites used.

EdEddnEddy
Apr 5, 2012

Yea I remember that 1 click to redeem they used for like a week, but you would think they could still have some sort of notice checking it to your steam. :(

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Did anyone get a spare Payday 2 mask key from the E3 bundle? I have pretty much every key from the $4 tier I could trade, and I'd be happy to pay some money for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Final Fight: Double Impact (PS3) if anyone wants it.

45FJ-DCNB-7R4C

• Locked thread