Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Byers2142 posted:

For the murder, the second Aspect references Jason <Insert Last Name>, who's the investigating cop and the person who's going to bring Jacob in to look at the case. Spincut, can you tell me one thing about Jason that Jacob knows about him from their time on the force? The Aspect also reflects that this is more than you're usual murder and that the cops might be in over their heads.

Jason used to work in Vice. I say "used to," because he got transferred after the higher-ups found out that he had been indulging in the same stuff he was trying to crack down on. Drugs, booze, and hired women dominated his life for a while. The only thing that changed is that we stopped hearing about it after he was transferred out of Vice. If you ask me, though, he probably never stopped.

"Painted in body parts and blood," huh? Sounds like someone was trying to send a message. If I had to guess, I'd pin it on one of the crime families Jason was keeping watch over. Either way, sounds like more than Jason's usual drunken street brawls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Byers2142 posted:

For the robbery, the second Aspect references the fact that it's small beans, and the cops aren't really working to solve that crime. Kumaton, can you tell me something about the clerk on duty?

The guy working the register was Cameron, a kid who's working his first job. Nothing to remarkable about him besides his upper-class upbringing, and he was pretty shaken up by the whole ordeal.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Byers2142 posted:

Let me know when your schedule clears (you said a few weeks?) and you and I can talk through a way to introduce your character into whatever inevitable shenanigans the PCs are getting into. A character like that has some rather obvious ties to the PCs and to the setting, so it shouldn't be a huge hassle to do!

Thanks for the accomodation! After July 4th I think I'll be a bit clearer, so that's just about 3 weeks, pretty much. I could conceivably be available sooner (hell, I could start playing tomorrow), but there are a couple of weekends and other days up until after July 4th where I'm pretty much totally gone. I don't think it'd be wise or fair to get into this without being able to put in a good effort from the start.

Having another character enter the story after turning points/milestones is a good way to keep the group dynamic fresh, anyway.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Phil doesn't care about the robbery at all. Stuff like that happens all the time, and nobody in his target audience wants to read about everyday life.
The disappearings could probably work as a base for the next book in the "Dick Calhoun - P.I." series, but he can always go check it out later.
A gruesome mass murder? Blood and body parts everywhere? Fantastic! Time to enter the forensic investigation genre that all the idiots seems so fond of these days. Slap on a "based on real events" blurb, and it's an instant bestseller. Can't go wrong.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Ok, game thread is up!

We're starting with the alley crime scene, because that's the quickest way I could think of to pull Alexis in and get things moving. I've left tags up for all of you to start with in the second post. Looking forward to the game, y'all!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

FYI, I've been hit with a rather busy next few days, meaning the forums came back just in time for me to slow the game down. I'll post as I can, but expect me to be slower over the next 2-4 days.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

No problem! I expect it'll take a while for people to get back into the swing of things.

Either that or they'll be posting with a fervor never seen before. :v:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
Did I just break everything by introducing this cult?

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Electric Hobo posted:

Did I just break everything by introducing this cult?

Phiiiiiiiiiiil! :argh:

Are we waiting on me or Byers? Because I'm just heading deeper into the building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Sorry, the holiday led to a medical emergency over the weekend led to me not being around; I'll post an update soon, with the assumption that you're all heading deeper into the building.

• Locked thread