Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

WarLocke posted:

Question, is Jack's Diversification skill (the one that gives the holojacks a shotgun wrist blast) worth a point? I've been trying to watch for them using it but I haven't noticed it/a difference.

I've seen a pretty drastic increase in DPS with that skill. I think it really shines if you have a Badass Digi-Jack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
RNG is a funny thing. I don't know how many times I must've killed Bob (hours and hours), when suddenly he drops the Ack Ack. Directly followed by him dropping Athena's skin on the next run. And then I find an 3DDIE in Concordia after changing skins. And then some legendary rocket launcher as I traveled to Triton Flats to test out the 3DDIE.

Celestial Mod next please :pray:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Whoever was in charge of Iwajira's lootsplosion was either a sadist or an idiot.

Or low on developmental time.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Whoever was in charge of Iwajira's lootsplosion was either a sadist or an idiot.

Or low on developmental time.

Killed him close to the shore did you? :mmmhmm:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Killed him close to the shore did you? :mmmhmm:

Wherever he dies some loot seems to end up in the lava. And in general, surveying the arena for drops takes too long if you want to be at all thorough. I don't know if I've been fairly unlucky or if I just missed the Thingy/Hail dropping.

(I did find a Celestial mod on my way to killing him the 20th time though!)

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So I picked this up for 5 bucks on steam yesterday (Since I owned the previous 2, I got a discount) and was just wondering: Does this game suffer from the same MMO-esque low % drops that BL2 did? I remember running a mod that made it a lot more fun, but up until then the game seemed like a slog and I was lucky to get anything cooler than a random blue every now and then.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
There's a CheatEngine script for TPS here. It's a little better than BL2 but you'll still probably want to tweak it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Saxophone posted:

So I picked this up for 5 bucks on steam yesterday (Since I owned the previous 2, I got a discount) and was just wondering: Does this game suffer from the same MMO-esque low % drops that BL2 did? I remember running a mod that made it a lot more fun, but up until then the game seemed like a slog and I was lucky to get anything cooler than a random blue every now and then.

My experience with the Pre-Sequel is that the base droprate is tuned way higher. You'll find a lot more blues/purples 'naturally' and legendaries actually drop more than once a playthrough.

Plus, the vending machines all scale to your level (and thus may have actual useful stuff in them, including possible legendaries as items-of-the-day).

And there's the Grinder for mashing up lovely guns into purple/legendary ones.

I have a Jack at level 19 or so who's already come across 5 or 6 legendaries.

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 19, 2016

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

WarLocke posted:

My experience with the Pre-Sequel is that the base droprate is tuned way higher. You'll find a lot more blues/purples 'naturally' and legendaries actually drop more than once a playthrough.

Plus, the vending machines all scale to your level (and thus may have actual useful stuff in them, including possible legendaries as items-of-the-day).

And there's the Grinder for mashing up lovely guns into purple/legendary ones.

I have a Jack at level 19 or so who's already come across 5 or 6 legendaries.

Haha, I had the exact opposite with Pre Sequel. Had two of the same legendary grenade mod drop and then one more that I can't remember. This was in Co-op as well, whereas in Borderlands 2 I got shitloads even on my lone playthrough and even more in co-op.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009
So, I completely skipped the Pre-Sequel so far and just bought it on a hunch now when finding it on discount. Could anyone give me an overview of how the characters play/how much fun they are? I just suck at making decisions like that. :shobon:

Magni fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Apr 2, 2016

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I've only played with Wilhelm and Athena to date. Wilhelm's a lot like your guncentric characters like Roland and Axton. Probably the closest you'll get. The drones are very useful, especially Saint. It'll keep you healing and shield boosting at higher levels. Wolf can put out some decent damage and corrode the enemies with the right points, too.

Athena's basically a tank. Her shield charges quick and absorbs a lot of damage you can redirect to a target, or multiple targets later on. While using it you'll be the next best thing to invulnerable so use it a lot.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Magni posted:

So, I completely skipped the Pre-Sequel so far and just bought it on a hunch now when finding it on discount. Could anyone give me an overview of how the characters play/how much fun they are? I just suck at making decisions like that. :shobon:

Just play around with the characters and see which one(s) you enjoy the most. They're all pretty fun in very different ways.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Magni posted:

Play Claptrap if you want to laugh like an idiot while annoying your friends.

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
If I've only got the base game, can I join co-op games with DLC characters present? Or am I only able to connect with people who've got the same DLC's as me?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

You can join with and see DLC characters you don't own. You can also pick up and sell their specific loot like class mods, it'll just be marked as "requires Doppelganger" or whatever.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Nisha is a goddamn blast. Her skill has a very short cooldown and is very easy to very a feel for how to use. She starts badass and scales straight up.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I mained a Crapshooter Nisha and it was absurd, missed shots and a high chance to ricochet towards enemies, bodyshots had a high chance to become crits, and crits with non-elemental weapons did extra fire damage. I'm pretty sure my fire rate increased the more I damaged enemies I hit as well. It was a lot of fun and I'd love to play that character against more than 5 enemies at a time which almost never happens in TPS.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

watho posted:

I'd love to play that character against more than 5 enemies at a time which almost never happens in TPS.

This is how I feel about Ceraunic Storm Athena. All of her skills are about hitting as many enemies as possible with as much elemental damage as possible. But by the time you built a couple hundred stacks, the fight's already over! At least it was really awesome for boss fights...

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Ninsha is really good for boss fights especially last one. She can do so much damage with non elemental weapons

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Does the CE Trainer from Borderlands 2 work for this game? If so do i need to modify it at all to get it to work? Thanks.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

AirRaid posted:

There's a CheatEngine script for TPS here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Recently upgraded to the Xbox One and picked up a used Handsome Jack Collection, going to be doing it all over again.

Xbox: Hambonius 0mega (the "0" is a zero)

• Locked thread