Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Most of the pure platinum runs I've seen for Lumen Sage on youtube use undine to freeze him so they can get in a bunch of damage. Other than that, I think they're only really useful for umbran climax and getting that one tear of blood. It's a pity, their wicked weaves are pretty nice-looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Darth TNT posted:

8bit Bayonetta.

More Bayonetta content?

This is really fun but quite difficult.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I hope that 8 bit Bayonetta thing isn't what they were referring to a while back when they teased something related to Bayonetta a while back. I want Bayonetta 3 announced at E3 this year :(.

Also playing around with the demons' shotgun made me think that a big rifle would be a cool basic weapon for a heavier version of the normal punches move set.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Bayonetta related thing was a wallpaper,.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

The Bayonetta related thing was a wallpaper,.

My hopes and dreams...

I guess I'll just have to hope it's been long enough since I last played Bayonetta 1 that it will feel new after I finish infinite climax in 2.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Finally playing this after getting it on launch. Holy poo poo that first proper level felt long as hell, but in an awesome way, after being garbage in MGR, TW101 and Bayo 1 I finally feel like I'm hot poo poo on this game, I got stuff down, I appreciate that the first combo on the list is a launcher that i've been using a ton, the extra challenges now feel like they are things I can handle and the life boosts i've been getting just feels crazy compared to the little I could manage to get in previous games.
Then the result screen came on and I realized I still manage to miss one encounter :v: and then I remembered that I hit Silver for the first level in every one of these games. My poo poo's gonna get pushed in soon, isn't it. It'll be fun as hell, tho!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
The difficulty is pretty well balanced but the hard poo poo is coming. I think I started feeling overwhelmed by the secret missions by chapter 12 or so.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Managed to get a death during chapter 2 and miss two of the extra encounters so i'm sure i'll feel overwhelmed way before chapter 12.

Got all the encounters and a Platinum rank in Chapter 4 ;w;

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 9, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Bought the game today, did the first 2 stages, fun stuff but apparently I'm complete garbage now, died twice in the 2nd stage, taking a ton of damage in fights, loving up dodges.

I used to be so good at the first one. :negative:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I am kicking this game's rear end it's so amazing, i think i've only missed eight encounters max and i'm at chapter 14 already, with three or four deaths, none in the same chapter. Pretty sure no stones so far, either. I lost it when I reached the second life bar and holy poo poo fighting alongside Bayo's mom is awesome, this game is great I feel so loving pumped after playing so much platinum in the last year that I can finally really start wrecking poo poo.

e:

aww yii

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 15, 2015

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Yeah... really kicking rear end there buddy.....

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Eugh, there's Silvers in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you're happy with your progress then that's cool, but you're really not kicking this games rear end.

Mulgar
Dec 8, 2013
Hey, /v/ Style Tournament is on. There's going to be a lot of DMC and Bayonetta gameplay there and you guys should give it a watch.
:siren:There will be spoilers for Bayonetta 2:siren:
http://instasync.com/r/vstyletournament

Edit: Here's the playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLr-MNXyAqU0_5ODc4YGAXyp2ISxnzKe1T

Mulgar fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 12, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I went from Stone average to Silver average, i'm calling that a moral victory. :colbert:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
true to my word, I finally bought a wii u for bayonetta 2. its time to scratch the itch!!!!!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Does anybody still play tag climax?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I pop it on from time to time. It's a nice way to relax.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
this game loving rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
play w101 too

• Locked thread