Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

johnny park posted:

gently caress off noob

Can't wait to jump in again like when matchmaking went live and get yelled at by rear end-cancer children for being a level 1. GJ valve, both emboldening the idiots and taking away the ways to insulate from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
just topfrag and get called a hacker instead, imo

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

SaviourX posted:

rear end-cancer children

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh my word that pyro update looks incredible!
Pyro has always been my most played class (Medic is second) and I have ridiculous amounts of australium, unusual hats and named strange professional killstreak weapons for them :D

I am very, very excited for this new development!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Baron von Eevl posted:

if you queued up in a game with people their doin's count towards your contracts and vice versa.
Err... that means "playing on the same server"?

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

So they're changing pyro's airblast from this massive box:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1g2x4b_Byg

to a cone?
Oh man, this is going to royally screw over so many "pro" pyro players :unsmigghh:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I've always thought it was a massive egg shaped cone to begin with so hopefully now it is and nothing changes for me!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lol at the pyro being able to airblast people behind them on diagonals

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Man I miss when an update would bring 100s of new posts. :(

I forgot this was a hole pyro vs heavy thing. The whole new dynamic they've given the pyro makes me wonder what they would have done for the heavy. We coulda had an official fat scout style load out for him! Maybe they'll do that down the line since they've given the pyro like a second subclass now that's also similar to the scout. more mobility and reduced damage melee. though it doesn't hit any faster.

It's a bit of a game changer itself, not including any external damage, it'll take an extra hit to kill every class. Except Medic and Soldier. It's quite clever the way Valve spaced out class health and dealt with weapon damages so things like this happen. Granted a melee weapon like this is only really for clowning on people because if you're a pyro in melee range you could just use your flamethrower instead of trying to melee a soldier or medic.

What taunt do we think the hot hand will get, anyway? (s)he could still air guitar I guess. I'd like the hadouken. Or better yet a whole new taunt animation where pyro just makes a rude gesture.

edit: man if I knew the airblast zone was that huge I would probably try to air blast rockets a lot more. And now it's gone..

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 19, 2017

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

reignofevil posted:

I've always thought it was a massive egg shaped cone to begin with so hopefully now it is and nothing changes for me!

Dabir posted:

Lol at the pyro being able to airblast people behind them on diagonals

Nah, it's a cone shape only when blasting other players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXM32e4cNgA

Up until this update, the Pyro's been able to take control of any projectile inside that massive box

crabf
May 29, 2015

Jabor posted:

just topfrag and get called a hacker instead, imo

this is one of my biggest sources of joy when playing this game

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

SaviourX posted:

Can't wait to jump in again like when matchmaking went live and get yelled at by rear end-cancer children for being a level 1. GJ valve, both emboldening the idiots and taking away the ways to insulate from them.

:sad:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i bet the new airblast is going to suck and valve ruined the game again like when they nerfed the short circuit and gunslinger

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

QwertySanchez posted:

Man I miss when an update would bring 100s of new posts. :(

I forgot this was a hole pyro vs heavy thing. The whole new dynamic they've given the pyro makes me wonder what they would have done for the heavy. We coulda had an official fat scout style load out for him! Maybe they'll do that down the line since they've given the pyro like a second subclass now that's also similar to the scout. more mobility and reduced damage melee. though it doesn't hit any faster.

It's a bit of a game changer itself, not including any external damage, it'll take an extra hit to kill every class. Except Medic and Soldier. It's quite clever the way Valve spaced out class health and dealt with weapon damages so things like this happen. Granted a melee weapon like this is only really for clowning on people because if you're a pyro in melee range you could just use your flamethrower instead of trying to melee a soldier or medic.

What taunt do we think the hot hand will get, anyway? (s)he could still air guitar I guess. I'd like the hadouken. Or better yet a whole new taunt animation where pyro just makes a rude gesture.

edit: man if I knew the airblast zone was that huge I would probably try to air blast rockets a lot more. And now it's gone..

IMO Heavy didn't need an overhaul as much, but I still hope he eventually gets one. In 2020. Really I think the Pyro needed this sort of mechanical overhaul and full suite of new weapons, Heavy could be good to just get some new toys and some numbers changes

I absolutely hate that I think the new Pyro stuff looks cool. I'm like an idiot stuck in a maze and TF2 is the center I keep wandering back to.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

i bet the new airblast is going to suck and valve ruined the game again like when they nerfed the short circuit and gunslinger

It kinda sounds like you only like things that disrupt everybody else's fun.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

King Lazer posted:

in that case, he forgot the caber

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Lol they've been complaining about that for pages.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

the pomson then

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I was going to say the pyro should have got a caber equivalent in this set of weapons, fly in, hit someone with a melee that sets them on fire for max afterburn time and fly out. Then I remembered the volcano fragment. :getin:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Xander77 posted:

Err... that means "playing on the same server"?

I mean, yeah you'll end up on the same server, but you have to do it through the game's matchmaking queue thing instead of just landing on the same server coincidentally. Also not sure if you need to have them on your friends list or just have to be queued.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

So there's zero point to friending people in the thread.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Xander77 posted:

So there's zero point to friending people in the thread.

If you queue up together there is point to it. (I for one don't have anyone else on my Steam friends list who actually plays TF2 so never tried that teaming up thing.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sad the Righteous Bison got nerfed.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sad the Righteous Bison got nerfed.

That was approximately when I lost all faith on the TF2 dev team.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm just sad they're removing the Sandman and Cleaver combo, I have had so much fun running that loadout.
I wish they'd just add some sort of unique effect to the sandman ball instead that let the cleaver crit, don't care too much about the actual stun itself.

Edit: Would letting the ball mark the target for death, and the cleaver crit on minicrits be too strong? I guess it might.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
I'm gonna miss the ridiculously ragdoll flinging effect on a crit kill with the guillotine most of all. :sigh:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

King Lazer posted:

That's absolutely true.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
bring back the old caber;

restore the tight controls on charging;

roll back the sticky launcher to it's nerf-patch stats

hail satan

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

ChickenHeart posted:

roll back the sticky launcher to it's nerf-patch stats

also the grenade launcher kthx

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
Bring back the old BFB, pre-Gunmettle. I miss terrorising my Australian friends by being impossible to hit thanks to a combo 300 ping + hosed up hitboxes. :unsmigghh:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
make it so rollers detonate if you walk over them and the soldier carries 40 rockets again

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Make the heavy not have half a dozen different confusing buffs and debuffs on him depending on how long he's been spinning up and firing etc.

also delete the heavy. make pyro the new heavy. Same power output, only without the infinite, around the corner range.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

mabels big day posted:

That's absolutely true.

For years all I did all day after work was hop on and play degreaser reserve shooter Pyro on Hightower

AxisofIdiocy
Mar 5, 2009

What do you mean this
isn't the ketchup?
drat man those pyro changes did not disappoint. Depending on what day 4 brings I might reinstall the game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
day 4 will add highlander servers and you will always get instant queues as whatever class you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
New thread up ahead of the update dropping Soon™.

• Locked thread