Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
My optimistic side expects set 4 in March, AZ2 in May, set 5 in July, etc. Releases every 2 months, alternating PVE/PVP.

My pessimistic side still expects set 4 in March, but I could see them slipping to 3-4 months per for a few releases.

I hope not, though. I think they really need to nail a decent schedule now that they're out of "beta".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

When we eventually have guilds and raids, will the Underworld faction be able to raid with players of the Alliance faction, whatever it's called?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I don't know if I'm the last one to figure out this type of farming run, but figured I would give a mini guide on bridge runs which is what I assume is the easiest way to earn all the race specific cards.

Every race has race specific cards that you can earn once per run:

*You get a race specific pack for beating the first beginner dungeon. After this is completed, you'll probably want to switch to a stronger deck just to speed things along since you'll have to do this up to 4 times per race.

*At this point you have to do the toad and chicka tame fight in order to get to the first bridge. You'll also have to do the first bridge quest as it's the second bridge quest that gives you your next race specific card.

*After the second bridge quest, you simply go to Ambling Mesa or the Underworld equivalent and turn in your quest to get your third race specific card.

*Optional: You'll get the Hag quest and both the Manti and Hag fight both drop adventure packs, so might as well hit those before quitting.

So for example with elf I got 1 race pack always containing Narissa, 1 Master of Masks, 1 Ashwood Colossus and 6-8 adventure packs depending on if you do the Hag quest. Those cards will change depending on what race you are playing. I think the race pack is the only one containing a card you can't get in other packs, not 100% sure but still an easy way to get those other cards.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 1, 2016

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

If no one has any changes to the new OP I made, I'm gonna make the new thread tomorrow evening sometime.

Give thread title ideas here. Serious titles, though. Nothing super silly.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
HEX: Shards of Fate - Lawsuit Over, Out of Beta, Campaign Launched

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

Glidergun posted:

HEX: Shards of Fate - Lawsuit Over, Out of Beta, Campaign Launched

This is it if we're not going silly and trying to attract new players.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Anyone having trouble with the game crashing, like, all the loving time? Trying to move on the adventure map, crash. Click "continue" on the victory screen, crash. Phase change during a game, crash. Type in password wrong, crash.

I was going to do a reinstall, but I figured I'd check in first. If it's just how the game is right now I'd rather avoid the 3 hour reinstall.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Never crashes for me. Other than the absurd slowdowns sometimes, and one time the AI being borked and reconnect not fixing it (had to surrender), nothing's been going badly.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Vincent Valentine posted:

Anyone having trouble with the game crashing, like, all the loving time? Trying to move on the adventure map, crash. Click "continue" on the victory screen, crash. Phase change during a game, crash. Type in password wrong, crash.

I was going to do a reinstall, but I figured I'd check in first. If it's just how the game is right now I'd rather avoid the 3 hour reinstall.

The only thing I've noticed is it randomly disappears from my taskbar, even though the game will still be running. I can alt-tab freely to it, and it disappearing seems to be related to alt-tabbing in the first place.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

katkillad2 posted:

Not having mercs and no Spectral Lotus/Oak at launch is really unacceptable to me and a lot of people seem to be giving them a free pass on things like that since they finally have something to play.

I've already went through the campaign three times, overall I'll say it's fun. However, they really need to start hitting at least 3 PVP sets a year like they've been talking about since set 1 and would also be nice to see A2 out before the end of the year. Not going to hold my breath on either of those though.

At this point I am just happy they still continue to exist. I still feel like my $500 was better spent / better value for me than the $250 I put into Sol Forge (gently caress that piece of poo poo).

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Alright, a reinstall it is, then.

Also, is there any content that's worth repeating on the adventure map to farm for gold/adventure packs? I have dungeon crawler and was hoping to make use out of it that way.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
I also have DC and I made these notes for each dungeon. They are the shortest routes for each dungeon to the boss and the resultant gold. Maybe they'd be useful to you:

Bleak Citadel:
75gp
100gp
125gp
150gp
250 + 250
950gp total

Tomb of rose knights
100gp
125gp
150gp
175gp
400 + 400
1,200gp total

Devonshire Keep
100gp
200gp
250gp
350gp
400gp
600 + 600
2,100 gp total

Drugggsss
75gp
125gp
200 + 200

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
So far my impression is that for grinding purposes, the arena's better than these newbie dungeons.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

Started playing today, got some gold from the campaign and went to check out the auction house. Goodness those prices are high. So how do I go about getting some of those commons? In as Thizzlam.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Are the competitive decks basically all the Majesty/Crocosaur/Rootfather thing now? I've been working on a spider deck and have played like 70% against that deck and it's nuts. A guy just eye of creationed two 8/8s with speed that did 8 damage when they hit the board. It seems way easier to piece that together than to murder it all with control spells. Or maybe I'm just bad, also possible.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Majesty is banned in constructed, so...

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Yeah, I don't know where you're finding someone playing with Majesty.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Wild/Ruby ramp is very viable though even after the Majesty ban. That said, Spiders are not very constructed viable.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Whatever I keep playing appears to have most of the same decklist as the Majesty decks. So whatever those are called now. But yeah, no actual Majesty. But it's far and away the thing I see most in constructed. Is there not a lot of variety or am I just not seeing it?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762663

New thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Closing this one for RV's new thread to take over

• Locked thread