Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I know, but I dont feel bad about it. I just got really unlucky in some of my interactions with scum early in the game.

Every time I roll SK and I die, I say to myself "next time post less, stay under the radar" but it never happens.

I've yet to roll 3P and I'm not sure I'd find it all that fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

I am annoyed that Capps never died, because I really wanted to see a Party Host in action!

You and me both.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm glad capps didn't die personally.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I just wanted to see everyone's reactions after I flipped town but still lied about my role by claiming Sara.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

mr.capps posted:

I just wanted to see everyone's reactions after I flipped town but still lied about my role by claiming Sara.

One of the things that worried me about you during mylo is that all of the flavour we knew was people from the unknown and Sara didn't fit.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIxXvKT2K6Y

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Same.

mr.capps posted:

i'm the flavor master

it was heavy in the flavor, but i didn't felt like it worked against the game's advantage too much. then again i might be completley bias here

anyway you pretty much run the best games on this site now, btw

Hey thank you, that's very generous. Once the dust has settled from the New Year, I'll start up another game. I'll hit you up!

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Same.

Hey thank you, that's very generous. Once the dust has settled from the New Year, I'll start up another game. I'll hit you up!

Pre-sign me up too!

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
That was a lot of fun, I didn't contribute as much as I would like, but I'd like to think I wasn't totally worthless. Disappointed that I got taken down by a PGO though, I was just trying to help :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That was a lot of fun to watch. Somber asked for help and then I ended up not doing anything but was able to watch it all with perfect knowledge, which was awesome.

Definitely pre-sign me up for your next game.

Also Capps continues his streak of being a mafia savant. He sussed out the flavour argument almost instantly. It's truly impressive.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I just want to apologize for bad play. This game was a masterclass in design, and I'm going to have to give it a serious reread going forward, especially since I'm starting to kick around ideas for a followup to HC76.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I turned an obvious lynch candidate into a mafia night kill with nothing other than irrational merk fear. Come on.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

merk posted:

I turned an obvious lynch candidate into a mafia night kill with nothing other than irrational merk fear. Come on.

You are the Greatest Champion, after all.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I was kicking myself today when it flipped that I had disappeared in the night. I investigated everyone that I had not yet looked at to check and see if there really was a Godfather left in the game. Looks like I stumbled upon a jerk who likes eating people instead.... But I'm glad town was able to salvage this game and make it work. Kudos to Capps and Punt for really bringing it in in the end.

Who did I look at:

N1: I looked at Capps and PMush to see if I could trust their reads, PMush got a lot of leeway from me because of that Not-Mafia read. Rats.
N2: I looked at Bowmore and Merk. Too bad Bowmore went down with the night kills.
N3: I looked at everyone else and got eaten.

I didn't want to claim cop Day 3, primarily because in case there was a Godfather out there i didn't want to tip my hand and let a scum latch on to that. Really great work outing the Godfather Capps.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Dr. Hurt posted:

Kudos to Capps and Punt for really bringing it in in the end.

wow rude

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I have been skimming while cooking dinner. You did work too.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Yeah pinterest was on really good form this game. Deserves just as much cred as anyone else.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah Pinterest I was impressed by your play. I mean everyone did a ton of work as town, but if nothing else convincing Punt to trust you was pretty important.

Punt, did you ever consider blocking Pin? I honestly wasn't sure what choice I would make in that situation.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Somberbrero posted:

Yeah Pinterest I was impressed by your play. I mean everyone did a ton of work as town, but if nothing else convincing Punt to trust you was pretty important.

Punt, did you ever consider blocking Pin? I honestly wasn't sure what choice I would make in that situation.

I was being entirely genuine in the doc and chose based entirely on our discussions whether we both thought it was best, if it was me I was happy to leave him as a trap for the unwary, unfortunately that turned out to be a slightly irresponsible decision lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
oh btw

quote:

Pinterest Mom wrote on Dec 15, 2014 02:24:
badgame imo

(i'm having fun! and the game is actually active and there's a lot going on and it's great.)

quote:

Somberbrero wrote on Dec 14, 2014 21:23:
oh whaaaat you don't necessarily trust your mason and you are suspicious of their motivations? what a mess i've made of it all super sorry :(

(i find this all very gratifying thank you)

quote:

Pinterest Mom wrote on Dec 15, 2014 02:19:
i'm the sk but only if punt dies
and capps knows our role names? so mason-murderer for me, mason-x for punt
and it's s. lovely that you put me in a masonry with someone that i can't be honest with/tell this to, so i'm telling you~

(i'm not sure of punt's alignment though, leaning scum)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That game was fun, go town!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

You left out the title! "so i think that"

I really thought on D1 that I was a latent serial killer - my role name was Murderer, and my role PM said "You have no direct night action at this time" (emphasis mine), and that "You don’t know exactly why, but you know that you are dangerous and Auntie Whispers, Puntification, protects those around you."

I figured I'd turn into an SK once Punt died~

I got off that theory on D2.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Allen Wren posted:

I just want to apologize for bad play. This game was a masterclass in design, and I'm going to have to give it a serious reread going forward, especially since I'm starting to kick around ideas for a followup to HC76.

I think it was also a master class in "you can't find scum D1". Sure, you don't always, but D1 posts are important.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

bowmore posted:

That game was fun, go town!

I thought you were town because you were putting effort in. I couldn't understand why others thought you were scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why did you kill me? I did nothing helpful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

merk posted:

Why did you kill me? I did nothing helpful.
For reasons that made sense at the time.

This is the closest I've ever come to winning in LyLo. Which is kind of sad, consulting I was basically turboed.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Great game, Somber! Sorry I was so useless, town.

e: also I wanted to ask this before I forgot, but why was I lynched exactly?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

This too. I wasn't following the game perfectly at times but I was a little confused about your lynch. I figured it was just a result of town apathy after two dead scum at the start of day two.

Poison Mushroom posted:

For reasons that made sense at the time.

This is the closest I've ever come to winning in LyLo. Which is kind of sad, consulting I was basically turboed.

I kept waiting for you to kills capps, it would have been super funny since you were also a Ninja and wouldn't show up on his visitor list!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Somberbrero posted:

This too. I wasn't following the game perfectly at times but I was a little confused about your lynch. I figured it was just a result of town apathy after two dead scum at the start of day two.

I kept waiting for you to kills capps, it would have been super funny since you were also a Ninja and wouldn't show up on his visitor list!
I didn't really think my last couple days through as well as I should have, and can blame that on being busy for the holiday and work. But I'm still kicking myself on what could have been.

Still, very fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

I think we picked out of you, epsilon and Fv for having interactions with the flipped scum that looked shady, decided to not lynch someone getting replaced at last minute and switched to the wrong person.

• Locked thread