Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

KUSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kyle no stop

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
drat those rolling suplexes.

edit: drat this grappling!

Biosys fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jun 7, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

noooooooooooo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

can't believe kushida still looks clear-eyed after that head bump goddamn

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
HIGH RISKU

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
gently caress

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this is fuckin bonkers

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

This loving main event :psyduck: I've forgotten how great King of Sports New Japan Pro Wrestling is.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
DANGEROUSS

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Both Kyle and KUSHIDA are loving insane

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shelley tribute..................

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
KUSHIDA!

holy gently caress what a match

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

That was a great match and a cool finish. Give it all the snowflakes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

stellar

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

They gave it just over 30 minutes, holy gently caress

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
that was a weird rear end hybrid of 90s juniors, kings road and us indies but i dug it for the most part. probably wouldve benefited from 5-10 minutes being shaved off but if they set out to make KUSHIDA a big deal well that did it

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Holy gently caress, what an awesome match, what an awesome match.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
ku shi da

ku shi da

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

"It's not where you've been but where you're going. It's not what you've done but what you will do."

I started following NJPW when the curtain jerker was always a battle between Timesplitters and Forever Hooligans, and it always provided a fun match. I've thought KUSHIDA could do a great job for a while, and this match is definitely gonna elevate him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go over Omega sometime this summer.

[Edit] I will also never tire of seeing Liger in civvies...plus mask.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
From @e_key_olde on twitter:

quote:

KUSHIDA "Thank you all for coming out and supporting the BOSJ this year as well." #njbosj #njpwwworld

quote:

KUSHIDA "Please, keep supporting the BOSJ so it can go on for 100, even 200 years!" #njbosj #njpwwworld

quote:

KUSHIDA "It's not where we're at, it's where we're going. I'll lead the NJPW Jr.s into a brighter future!" #njbosj #njpwwworld

Also:

quote:

Liger "KUSHIDA has opened the doors to a new era for the Jrs." #njbosj #njpwwworld

quote:

Liger "I just have to say, this match really made me feel again that pro wrestling is great!" #njbosj #njpwwworld

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

gently caress

MY alarm didn't go off.

I havent been able to watch lvie NJPW since Dontaku

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

That final was ridiculous awesome, if a little bit hoverboard at the end. Kyle grabbing his own trunks to defend against the kimura at the very end was a great touch, though.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Aw man, if they had the semi's like they did in the past, Bobby would have made it. Just started watching the show, looking forward to the finals!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Spermgod posted:

that was a weird rear end hybrid of 90s juniors, kings road and us indies but i dug it for the most part. probably wouldve benefited from 5-10 minutes being shaved off but if they set out to make KUSHIDA a big deal well that did it

shu t up

Kushida is the poo poo and it was good except for him missing the midnight express or whatever his flip is called and Kyle calling some spots on camera. Kushida should get a proper run with the jr. belt since he didn't really get one after he carried Kota Ibushi when he was concussed in their match.

I think this is the first time since NJPW started iPPV that the BOSJ winner has meant something and been elevated by winning, since Devitt cheated his way to a pretty telegraphed win in 2013 and then moved to heavyweight and Ricochet ditched Japan for Lucha Underground last year.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Is there a list of stuff worth watching across the tournament? been busy last few weeks and would rather pick and choose rather than watch the whole tour.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it seems pretty wild to me that Kyle was seemingly leading the match.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..

epitasis posted:

it seems pretty wild to me that Kyle was seemingly leading the match.

i wonder if it had anything to do with KUSHIDA getting dropped on his head because he had some weird moments after that

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

japanese for concussion

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
smeared brain bits ftw

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Good show! Main event was great, and Cavernario/Dorada and Fish/Baretta were a lot of fun too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/STRIGGA/status/607655292118122496

quote:

KUSHIDA said that he wants to give parts of his prize money back to his mother who financed his overseas training. What a man.

:3:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Alex Shelley posted:

@KUSHIDA_CANADA is one of the best wrestlers out there. Much as I hate to say it, @NickJacksonYB and @MattJackson13 are two and three...Interchangeably, of course. But all three have the same qualities that make them great. They worked harder than everyone else. Within x amount of time, they put in the effort and open mindedness and took risks. And it's paid off for @KUSHIDA_CANADA. Most U.S. fans probably don't know this. Kushi was a reporter who attended 01-MAX shows I wrestled on when I was 22. He wanted to wrestle.So, he packed up his stuff and went to live in Mexico to learn lucha libre and fast track his training. If it sounds familiar, it should. Liger San and Ultimo Dragon did the same. Kushi is the next in that lineage. He worked his rear end off, caught people's eyes, and sacrificed. He made his way back to Japan. Then he took another chance to move to Canada and train under Scott D'amore. And that's where I met him. Think about that: all those countries, all that moving, all that discomfort. Anyone who has lived within a foreign culture knows what's up. But he worked. And he could have been a personal trainer, or accountant, or engineer, or teacher, or father, but he fell on his back. And he did it because he loved wrestling and he loved wrestling fans. @njpw1972 used him, signed him, and put him with me. We are two weeks apart in age, but I have been wrestling a good deal longer, which is painful to think about. But Kushi could have been a top ranked MMA fighter according to Sakuraba. Kushi lived in Mexico. Dude wrestled different guys than I did. So, our team became a concept of shared experiences and teaching each other what we knew. We were happy when the other succeeded. And we still are. Congratulations, @KUSHIDA_CANADA. The past three years ruled. You earned every inch of this. Love you.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Kushida's selling really stood out to me in the finals match. I'm sure it's always been good, I just haven't really paid that close attention to him before today.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

This was my first ever Best of Super Juniors and man did I have a great time following along with a scorecard and pulling for my guys. KUSHIDA is amazing a d I hope he squashes the gently caress out of Kenny Omega.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
KUSHIDA pisses excellence and that was mighty big of Alex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I never really watched TNA so I hope there's nothing about Alex that would fit into the old carnies/racists/assholes thread, because he really does seem like a good dude.

• Locked thread