Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
I like to listen to music on earphones while I do stuff but I'm rethinking this because I want to hear the sounds of my keyboard clacking

I'm serious here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Symbolic Butt posted:

I like to listen to music on earphones while I do stuff but I'm rethinking this because I want to hear the sounds of my keyboard clacking

I'm serious here

get a keyboard microphone and pipe it through to your audio

problem solved

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmm what's a good clack though for you

honestly - and I'll get shat on from a dog for saying this - I don't like the sound of blues. the 'click' is tinny and thin. if you type without bottoming out it has all the grace of a dotmatrix printer.

the browns and clears sound better. the (fake?) alps switches on the knockoff model-f, now that is a clicky key I can get behind. the space bar on that board sucks but lookng forward to a situation where I have the workshop PC and use that board on it. gently caress that will own

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
listening to others type on boards is the best though. when I dropped the clears at work.. drat that sounded good

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

hmm what's a good clack though for you

honestly - and I'll get shat on from a dog for saying this - I don't like the sound of blues. the 'click' is tinny and thin. if you type without bottoming out it has all the grace of a dotmatrix printer.

the browns and clears sound better. the (fake?) alps switches on the knockoff model-f, now that is a clicky key I can get behind. the space bar on that board sucks but lookng forward to a situation where I have the workshop PC and use that board on it. gently caress that will own

ugh, Browns sound dull and thick like my poops

I get the light sound thing about blues though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

greens...

duckfarts posted:

ugh, Browns sound dull and thick like my poops

its a bit more of a bass kick than a snare drum..lllllllllllllllllllllllllkkkkkkkkkkkjjjjjjjjjejdfujjhyhghhfgfhfjkhfjhfjhfjhfjhfjhfjhf

thats just me touching the keys... drat

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

i want a company to make mini USB to USB A cables with these big, sweet coils. so far i've only found zeal PC coiled cables which are nice and overpriced

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Power Ambient posted:

i want a company to make mini USB to USB A cables with these big, sweet coils. so far i've only found zeal PC coiled cables which are nice and overpriced

http://www.instructables.com/id/Coiling-a-USB-power-cord/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asshole Masonanie
Oct 27, 2009

by vyelkin

I've done that but the results are never quite like something machine coiled

• Locked thread