Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

NOTinuyasha posted:

OP is a portuguese dota pro from games who has never heard of the electoral college trying to lecture stupid americans about voting.

What the gently caress is a Dota pro, is that a typo? Also what the gently caress is a Portuguese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
The obvious solution is to switch to a random ballot, which will mean your vote always has the same chance of making a difference.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

for your vote to matter the election would have to be a tie, which doesnt happen very often even in small races. furthermore, this is all under the assumptions that the different candidates are actually different from each other instead of being different flavors of plutocratic assholes so yeah your vote doest matter for poo poo

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

babypolis posted:

for your vote to matter the election would have to be a tie, which doesnt happen very often even in small races.

This is some multi-layered trolling and I don't even know where to start with you on this.

quote:

furthermore, this is all under the assumptions that the different candidates are actually different from each other instead of being different flavors of plutocratic assholes so yeah your vote doest matter for poo poo

Then get off your rear end and run for local or state office, you goonlord.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

No one can make you vote... yet. :getin:

I think each person has to ask themselves what they could accomplish in the time it takes to vote, then weigh that potential good against the potential good from voting. If there's some other political action that's more likely to produce positive results and you can't afford to spend time doing both, sure, gently caress voting. It's when someone says "oh my vote doesn't matter, everything in this crude material world falls short of my precious ideals, boo hoo hoo" and then goes home to stick their dick in the Xbox that we've got a problem.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I like to vote. They give me a sick sticker when I do.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Love Stole the Day posted:

This is some multi-layered trolling and I don't even know where to start with you on this.

Then get off your rear end and run for local or state office, you goonlord.

to be able to run in the first place i would need to be a plutocratic rear end in a top hat myself, and then whats the point. i dont think you understand democracy very well buddy

my effigy burns
Aug 23, 2015

IF I'M NOT SHITPOSTING ABOUT HOW I, A JUNIOR DEVELOPER IN JAVASCRIPT KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW, PLEASE CHECK TO BE SURE MY ACCOUNT WAS NOT COMPROMISED BY A CLIENT-SIDE BOTNET, TIA

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I like to vote. They give me a sick sticker when I do.

I'd like to vote but they gave me a sick sticker that says "convicted felon."

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

my effigy burns posted:

good job getting caught idiot

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
DEMARCHY NOW

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

my effigy burns posted:

USA: highest incarceration rate, prevents felons from voting. Democracy???

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

What the gently caress is a Dota pro, is that a typo? Also what the gently caress is a Portuguese?

Op has not even convinced me that it would matter if I voted for this thread. My voter apathy will not be dissuaded by your words, video games man.

E: Now that "I'm republican" thread? That's the sort of posting I can get behind. Voted five, was thanked by the forums for my important contribution.

Octatonic has issued a correction as of 16:33 on Sep 10, 2015

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

babypolis posted:

for your vote to matter the election would have to be a tie, which doesnt happen very often even in small races. furthermore, this is all under the assumptions that the different candidates are actually different from each other instead of being different flavors of plutocratic assholes so yeah your vote doest matter for poo poo

My local council race ended in a tie out of over 1,000 votes cast. The tiebreaker was done at the county executive office where both candidates picked numbers out of a jar. For the first time in my life, my vote counted.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Our votes don't matter

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If Donald trump and Hillary get the nominations, which one will goons vote for

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Hillary because I'm not a 17 year old who thinks all candidates are the same.

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
I live in California. My vote after the Primary won't mean poo poo. So I'll probably abstain if Bernie isn't on the ticket. I would take the comedy Trump option, but I just don't think I could convince myself the pointless "irony" is worth it.

OTOH I'm not some pig ignorant moron who thinks that a nomination of Hillary means anything other than that the majority of Dems are complete fucktards who don't understand that pandering to the left is different from behaving like a socially moderate and fiscally conservative warhawk.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Love Stole the Day posted:

Therefore when you refuse to vote because your "vote doesn't matter"

Both sides do this

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tenzarin posted:

Both sides do this

One side is better at this than the other, though.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

If Donald trump and Hillary get the nominations, which one will goons vote for

Trump, because hail satan.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Listen OP, I can't dedicate my entire life to studying electoral candidates so I make an educated vote when my Steam backlog is so big. Please understand.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i don't vote because every serious candidate is diametrically opposed to the actual things i would want to see in government

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Rutibex posted:

i don't vote because every serious candidate is diametrically opposed to the actual things i would want to see in government

i'm sorry but no candidate can ever make anime real

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Crimson Harvest posted:

Listen OP, I can't dedicate my entire life to studying electoral candidates so I make an educated vote when my Steam backlog is so big. Please understand.

No one gives a gently caress about candidates who aren't running in your district. The number of people you're supposed to care about is way smaller than you think.

Love Stole the Day has issued a correction as of 06:29 on Sep 20, 2015

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm voting for trump and writing in trump on anything. give me a sharpie and I'll change the world

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

for every one of you that doesn't vote I'm going to vote twice

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

mr. mephistopheles posted:

for every one of you that doesn't vote I'm going to vote twice

you know what they say, vote early and often

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin