Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Revelations 1 is some goddamn win!!

Why are the spinoffs now better than the main lines lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

what are some other games that take place ON HALLOWEEN or at least have like, pumpkins and poo poo evberywhere?

arkham knight
costume quest
zombies ate my neighbors is aesthetically close enough

what else

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

HORMELCHILI posted:

what are some other games that take place ON HALLOWEEN or at least have like, pumpkins and poo poo evberywhere?

arkham knight
costume quest

what else

oogie boogie's revenge

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Bolverkur posted:

the only reason I could complete amnesia, which freaked me the gently caress out, is because when i got too scared i could just walk in the monsters face and die, then respawn and continue. that's not really an option in silent hill 2. save points are a bit far between and the sound design is so loving good that even when i know what's coming it still manages to get to me. god, i love this game. i also loving hate this game.

i dunno it kinda is an option, the SH games all have extremely forgiving "Continue" buttons on the main menu in that I think they just put you back close to where you died.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

arkham knight
costume quest

what else

Costume quest 2

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

frank.club posted:

Revelations 1 is some goddamn win!!

Why are the spinoffs now better than the main lines lmao

Yeah I'm loving Revelations so far. Dodging poo poo and stabbing with the knife is great.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
what is your favorite scary movie

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Vampyr

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

The Thing (1982). I'm gonna watch it tonight.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah I'm loving Revelations so far. Dodging poo poo and stabbing with the knife is great.

I dunno how I did it but Chris dodged an attack mid reload and it was hype as hell

NickRoweFillea posted:

what is your favorite scary movie

Alien, or Hellraiser, You're Next is good.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Bolverkur posted:

Very good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is insanity's blade good because it looks really cool and its dirt cheap rn

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

dude idk buy me the game and i will tell you. the trailer looks rad and i googled it and saw this:

gently caress. yes.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

skeletons are extremely my poo poo now i want this game

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

same, and alien

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone

Oh my god it's so good. What a nightmarish movie

swamp waste
Nov 4, 2009

There is some very sensual touching going on in the cutscene there. i don't actually think it means anything sexual but it's cool how it contrasts with modern ideas of what bad ass stuff should be like. It even seems authentic to some kind of chivalric masculine touching from a tyme longe gone
Killer7 is very spooky, because it makes mundane settings look like alienating fluorescent hell mazes, and because you can't see the guys until you scan with your ring pop. You just hear them laughing. In Killer8 mode they kill you instantly if they grab you which makes things pretty tense.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bobnumerotres posted:

just bought it and yeah its pretty awesome and great halloween game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

just bought it and yeah its pretty awesome and great halloween game

i just played it for maybe an hour and it is relentless fun. some of the platforming stuff is really hard but youre just throwing knives at poo poo and making the undead explode into clouds of blood and gore, the music is great, its a really good time

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope everyone had a great Halloween! I'll keep this thread open for a day or two

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I played some Darkest Dungeon last night... Not a scary game per se but one with a dark, oppressive atmosphere that felt really right for some good Halloween gaming.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

swamp waste posted:

Killer7 is very spooky, because it makes mundane settings look like alienating fluorescent hell mazes, and because you can't see the guys until you scan with your ring pop. You just hear them laughing. In Killer8 mode they kill you instantly if they grab you which makes things pretty tense.

killer7 is in my top three games of all time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was in the mood for some scary games and instead of playing more RE1 I moved onto 2 and I like this game 1000x more from the opening cinematic and 5 minutes of gameplay before I died

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE1 may be the more cerebral, slow burn, thinking man's experience, but me I like iffy voice acting, low res CGI cutscenes and dudes getting loving torn to bits in a hellish cityscape

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

both are extremely good but I like RE2 more. i love the story with the main villain in it. the remake will be fuckin epic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I was in the mood for some scary games and instead of playing more RE1 I moved onto 2 and I like this game 1000x more from the opening cinematic and 5 minutes of gameplay before I died

Yeah. I like three even more but that's just my opinion. Not law or something....

• Locked thread