Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pro Target

heres an image of Richter looking on as a nude man screams, which you can view instead of wasting your time reading about how you should buy and play Bubsy 2 on steam for 5 minutes before moving on to the next flashing toy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barfdog

Pro Target posted:

heres an image of Richter looking on as a nude man screams, which you can view instead of wasting your time reading about how you should buy and play Bubsy 2 on steam for 5 minutes before moving on to the next flashing toy

im captivated

https://i.imgur.com/FLpAnfS.mp4

Scaly Haylie

this thread taught me why it's okay to play hearthstone.

joke_explainer

Mario: Last Light sounds way more grim than I expected

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
after playing The Stanley Parable, I think $3 was a little steep

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I got the sarlaac down to 25% hp on super star wars during my last attempt. I'll finish it someday.

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH
I always give up when you're inside the sandcrawler

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

fuck. marry. t-rex

Damp Star Baby posted:

STORY of my life brother

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
I beat the Stanley Parable Demonstration.

I also broke it by doubling back thru a door that was just closing. And I did a speedrun... it was something like 14 minutes which means that the demo failed its own criteria of "must be exactly 8 minutes long".

DeepQantas

Gone Home has two bookcases with slightly overlapping models (top corners, glitchy textures)

DeepQantas

After the first paint puzzle in Portal 2 there's a small office area cordoned off by a railing. The railing does a little dip near the office door where you can jump on it. From there you're out of the map and can jump to see the previous test area from outside.

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

Pizzatime posted:

for a game like heavy rain or the walking dead, playing it a second time worsened the memory I would have of it for the rest of my life. kinda the same with playing stuff like final fantasy for the first time, then skipping every cutscene and doing terrible min-max bullshit for the entire game, taking twice as long for everything while having half the fun. I'd say playing a game past it's apex is not a wise thing to do for your overall experience with it, and thus, your existence and through your actions, the entire universe. Barring that humanity has any semblance on anything.

I played through Skyrim 3 times, the last time was the most fun because I knew how to become overly powerful and once I was a tank just barreled through the whole story and all the side things

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Damp Star Baby posted:

I'll have to see if I can get to it when I go back home for winter break. It's funny to me that this game's difficulty was considered a good idea for kids who just wanted to get their luke Skywalker, X-wing pilot fix.

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
the Super Star Wars series is the kind of difficult where poo poo just happens, like your guy gets hit by a missile out of nowhere, or you have to make a blind jump and it turns out to kill you

precision

by VideoGames
super star wars has a lot of infinite bullshit but god drat it looked good when i was a wee lad

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I play the poo poo out of the few games I have, because I can rarely afford new games.

but even then, I'm too busy to play games much, except browser games, Pokemon Shuffle, and Nekoatsume.

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Play the game, if you loved it and are sad it's over go back and achievement hunt.
so saith I

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

ChairmanMeow posted:

Play the game, if you loved it and are sad it's over go back and achievement hunt.
so saith I

now this sounds like a good gaming philosophy

Scaly Haylie

ChairmanMeow posted:

so saith I

*sharp intake of air to tell you why your chosen way of enjoying a game is bad and wrong*

precision

by VideoGames
sometimes i think i enjoy the act of buying games more than actually playing games

but then i look at any of the steam backlog threads and suddenly the number of games i've bought that i'm not playing doesn't seem bad at all. it's like drinking a six pack and then thinking "ah jeez am i an alcoholic?" only to walk in on a room of people lying on the floor chugging 2 liter bottles of everclear

----------------

Pro Target

buying and not playing games is a disgusting form of western liberal degeneracy

Pro Target

I still play notable arcade shmup DoDonPachi every single day, and who needs another game? nobody

precision

by VideoGames

Pro Target posted:

a lot of times i buy a game just because i want to support the people who made it, which is the greatest expression of capitalism available :patriot:

----------------

Matoi Ryuko

Pro Target posted:

I still play notable arcade shmup DoDonPachi every single day, and who needs another game? nobody

They closed all of my games down.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

I don't think you can ever really finish a game of cities skylines. you just get bored and simulate a natural disaster by making a giant poop dam and flood the city with it, making for a neat looking shitlantis.

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
brb this thread made me remember to go play zork

Pizzatime

played that game called LOVE for 20 minutes or so, which was enough to beat it.

got it for about 2 bucks with the soundtrack. enjoyed the music most about the game. not gonna go for any achievements. not regretting the purchase.

DeepQantas

Pro Target posted:

In purely material terms videogames you don't play are probably the one of the best ways you can waste your money. The material costs for producing one more copy are negligible, unlike producing a sports car, for example.

Whether that rots your brain, though, is a different matter.

Scaly Haylie

Pizzatime posted:

played that game called LOVE for 20 minutes or so, which was enough to beat it.

got it for about 2 bucks with the soundtrack. enjoyed the music most about the game. not gonna go for any achievements. not regretting the purchase.

you didn't regret a $2 purchase, remarkable

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I try to regret everything a little as I'm trying to fall asleep.

Scaly Haylie

ChairmanMeow posted:

yeah same, my brain's real considerate like that.

Pizzatime

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't purchase anything that's more than that. Didn't regret any purchase since. Lifehack right there.

precision

by VideoGames

ChairmanMeow posted:

real talk, regret is the worst thing ever for causing insomnia

----------------

DeepQantas

You mean it causes it a lot or not at all?

Scaly Haylie

sometimes when i'm picking out a game to play, nihilism hits me like a sack of bricks. it's a real problem.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 8, 2015

Pizzatime

happens to me every time

DeepQantas

Try Prison Architect. If you can't put your own life in order, at least you can do so to someone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04wb7P_v-4

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

DeepQantas posted:

Try Prison Architect. If you can't put your own life in order, at least you can do so to someone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D04wb7P_v-4

seconding this, Prison Architect is good poo poo.

fuck. marry. t-rex

Something hosed up about designing a digital prison as a means of escapism well peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

I'm in it to rehabilitate people :colbert:

• Locked thread