Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Pokemon red/blue : Mt. Moon

Pumprag fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Bolverkur posted:

For me then FF6 has the most number of awesome dungeons in a single game. Magitek Research Facility is hella weird and freaky. I liked it. Combining magic and technology in evil ways is win. The Opera House also ruled. You played in the opera and had to deal with Ultros, the best villain, at the same time. I could go on forever but I'll stop here.

I agree w/ most of this. Even though I first played FF6 well into the 3D era it still felt like it had the most exploration potential of all the FF's I played, seemed like you were tripping over cool dungeons all over the place in the WoR. Each one was just hidden out of the way enough that it felt like a discovery too, like the weird subquest where you let yourself get swallowed by a monster on some small obscure island or the hidden dungeon accessed by burrowing Figaro castle underground (I think you got a summon from it?). It's been a long time since I played FF6 but it was a really cool game, lot of care put into its world.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Pumprag posted:

Pokemon red/blue : Mt. Moon

When I was first played this when I was 10 I got lost here for WEEKS and beefed my pokemon up 10 lvls by grinding zubats for days on end. gently caress Mt Moon.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Pokemon Red/Blue: the powerplant, because it never occurred to me a regular building could also be a dungeon

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Cyan's Hellish Nightmare Doma Kingdom was incredible, and gave me feels.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

:sassargh:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao i like that av

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Strange Journey had some good dungeons. SMT in general has good dungeons

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
strange journey is a good dungeon

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hector Delgado posted:

South Park: Stick of Truth when you enter a gay man's rear end. And by enter I mean shrink down and climb inside.

edit: added spoiler tag in case someone hasn't played it yet

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Hector Delgado posted:

South Park: Stick of Truth when you enter a gay man's rear end. And by enter I mean shrink down and climb inside.

edit: added spoiler tag in case someone hasn't played it yet

i saw wormskull emptyquote it above me and i laughed again

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Here it is.

Huge Stick of Truth spoiler, sorry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTmmXC4fd-Y

:getin:

Hector Delgado fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 4, 2016

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

as a kid I replayed the entire game up to the water temple because I thought I missed a key and couldn't go back to get it. then it took me about a month to get up the steep slope just before the boss because I hadn't thought to use the iron boots.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

klapman posted:

as a kid I replayed the entire game up to the water temple because I thought I missed a key and couldn't go back to get it. then it took me about a month to get up the steep slope just before the boss because I hadn't thought to use the iron boots.

It took me forever to get some part I was missing as well and then I somehow accidentally murked the boss in like 15 seconds and it was the easiest boss in the game for me and I was so mad that it was the boss because of how long I was stuck there.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I stopped playing because I couldn't beat some optional gerudo time trial thing.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if you havent played stick of truth this is a huge spoiler..god that game is great

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A gay man's rear end.

Dec 26, 2012

Wormskull posted:

A gay man's rear end.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Turtle Rock in Link Between Worlds was cool. When I walked in and saw it's basically just two huge rooms I thought this was extremely my poo poo, and it met all my expectations. No real traveling from room to room, you're just dealing with obstacles and figuring out how to navigate that space.

Wormskull posted:

There was something interesting about having to actually deal with going to like SFK as Alliance or whatever before you could just queue up for it, and I'll say it's genuinely interesting this time. The dungeons themselves aren't that special but trying to get a group together and then trying to cross an open space in enemy territory was awesome back then, well at least until someone quit and it was all a waste of time.

This was cool as hell. People look back on that badly because they ran those places dozens of times and it genuinely sucks to run to the middle of nowhere over and over. But if you were playing as a regular person who hadn't settled into the MMO mentality that poo poo was great.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 5, 2016

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

World of Warcraft may not have been a Good Game all around but it had some really awesome fun parts to it.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Tender Bender posted:

This was cool as hell. People look back on that badly because they ran those places dozens of times and it genuinely sucks to run to Blackrock every time. But if you were playing as a regular person who hadn't settled into the MMO mentality that poo poo was great.

That rush when your raid is going into BRM to do a molten core run and you realize there are at least three guilds from the enemy faction in there already

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

A gay man's rear end.

good start to the new year wrt meme potential

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

good start to the new year wrt meme potential

http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=GfpCjqJdhRw&p=n#/63;64

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Monkey dungeon in the desert, Earthbound. No bad guys in there. I hate dungeons with bad guys. Finally let me relax.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
undertale, op

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:iamafag: :razz:

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
As a 7 year old pc gaming kid I always thought Hell from Diablo 1 was super cool with all the bones and blood in the walls, especially level 16? with the awesome red portal and the pentagram. course the actual fight with Diablo was scary cus of his unique loading screen but my dad talked me through it and we killed Diablo together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Unguided posted:

The final level of Joe & Mac is the best one. Fighting the devil and his army of langoliers under a t-rex's heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiSIQDNyWBQ
Joe and Mac: Cavemen Ninja owned.

• Locked thread