Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Fuelslt1 posted:

The last remaining Cadillac/Escalade badge has been removed from the exterior.

if you told passers-by that its a prop for a low-budget movie no one would disbelieve you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 15, 2016

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.
Edit

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I hope you're building a stable of increasingly bad-rear end Escalades.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009
They look completely ridiculous in your driveway.

Safety Dance posted:

I hope you're building a stable of increasingly bad-rear end Escalades.
Please say yes.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Yesssssssss

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
I just checked and both de-escaladed.com and deescaladed.com are available. Side business ho!

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Just buy the domain and start a quick blog / tutorial for other people who want to do the same thing. Always Be Buying Domains / Always Be Blogging

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Looks pretty nice, but definitely would look better with some less contrast of the wheel logo, since you spent so much effort debadging the rest.

It is somewhat funny that with different tires, it'd be just like the Bakersfield truck scene, but you're missing the RIP someone decal sticker on the back and straight pipe instead of the muffler. Except those are Suburbans or Tahoe/Yukon, not an actual Escalade, though the front end sometimes is...

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
This song gets stuck in my head whenever I read this thread's title, with the obvious parody.

Liking the thread so far, that's a bad-rear end SUV you have there.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

DJ Commie posted:

Looks pretty nice, but definitely would look better with some less contrast of the wheel logo, since you spent so much effort debadging the rest.

It is somewhat funny that with different tires, it'd be just like the Bakersfield truck scene, but you're missing the RIP someone decal sticker on the back and straight pipe instead of the muffler. Except those are Suburbans or Tahoe/Yukon, not an actual Escalade, though the front end sometimes is...

Jesus, where have you been? I saw the av, and checked your history... first post since December? Good to see you back.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DJ Commie posted:

you're missing the RIP someone decal sticker on the back

I never got that, why the hell would somebody memorialize a loved one on the back of their car. I'm going to state in my will that no one in my family is allowed to do that, my name will not be put on the back window of a Kia Soul :colbert:

Also waddup commie.

natsea
May 31, 2005

Fuelslt1 posted:

My father liked the idea of "De-Escalading" so much that he bought a '08.

It will be getting the same treatment shortly.

Any update on your father's truck?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I also think a cop pushbar is the best option. Somehow the others just look like tacky boltons that don't really fit the style or form of the vehicle they're on, probably because I see them on 9 million bro-ed out GMs with calvin pissing stickers and rockstar wheels.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Did you happen to keep the letters after you removed them? I need an "E" from a door.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Looks good!

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Fuelslt1 posted:

The factory fog lights are as bright as a candle so I bought some 6" LED light bars and retrofitted them into the OEM (tinted) housings

Nice, I was looking at using my shells for a custom light setup, too. Still haven't decided on what I'm going to use. Leaning towards a standard projector headlight retrofit or a Jeep 30w LED fog setup, but I haven't run the measurements yet.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Nice, though it's been Re-Escaladed now. :v:

Did you get the new wheel caps machined to put on the OEM caps or something?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Larrymer posted:

Nice, though it's been Re-Escaladed now. :v:

Did you get the new wheel caps machined to put on the OEM caps or something?

Looks like plastdip and those squishy plastic stickers?

Re-Escaladed looks good.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

meatpimp posted:

Looks like plastdip and those squishy plastic stickers?

Economically that makes way more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Edit

Fuelslt1 fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 15, 2016

• Locked thread