Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Chris James 2 posted:

First match of today's iPPV, like a minute or so in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUuUz_7_IuU

Ricochet still sticking the landing and then staring down at the broken turnbuckle like "huh" is cracking me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

StarkRavingMad posted:

Ricochet still sticking the landing and then staring down at the broken turnbuckle like "huh" is cracking me up

Yeah it's perfect, he stops with that turnbuckle right between his feet

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They loving turned Joe Hendry heel? Christ Almighty what terrible booking.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
I'm really glad I stopped watching this daffy bullshit lol

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They loving turned Joe Hendry heel? Christ Almighty what terrible booking.

Last show they did in Newcastle people were booing him and cheering for Doug Williams. It was really bizarre, previously he got the biggest pops especially in his match against Kurt Angle where I would even say he got a bigger reaction.

This is such a bad choice. I like Galloway but it feels like he just came in and won the title right when Hendry was culminating his slow build to the title.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kaveman posted:

Last show they did in Newcastle people were booing him and cheering for Doug Williams. It was really bizarre, previously he got the biggest pops especially in his match against Kurt Angle where I would even say he got a bigger reaction.

This is such a bad choice. I like Galloway but it feels like he just came in and won the title right when Hendry was culminating his slow build to the title.

And Hendry is so far and away the most entertaining person they have. I mean I like Drew but Hendry is so much better suited to bring a top guy, at least for Not WWE.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Did anyone watch Exit Wounds? It's up for free on YouTube. There are a couple decent matches but their story segments go on wayyyyy too long.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nah

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Did anyone watch Exit Wounds? It's up for free on YouTube. There are a couple decent matches but their story segments go on wayyyyy too long.

I did. They have good talent but Adam Blampied is a TERRIBLE booker.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah that's all I could keep thinking. There are a lot of good workers but this show is horribly paced.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

more like Who Cares Pro Wrestling

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

oatgan posted:

Who Cares Pro Wrestling

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

This is going to lose so much money.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I hear that they're making the joke that the New Zealand guy who kinda looks like Doug William might be his illegitimate child into an actual storyline.

Booking and pacing a show, learning what people want, how much talking and character work to fit around matches, and how much to cram in the what culture crew of awkward nerds would be a hard task. I think a lot of people on the internet think it's easier to book a wrestling show than it is. And that Whatculture are just that type of people on the internet.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wazzu posted:

I hear that they're making the joke that the New Zealand guy who kinda looks like Doug William might be his illegitimate child into an actual storyline.

Booking and pacing a show, learning what people want, how much talking and character work to fit around matches, and how much to cram in the what culture crew of awkward nerds would be a hard task. I think a lot of people on the internet think it's easier to book a wrestling show than it is. And that Whatculture are just that type of people on the internet.

Yeah for real. I wanted to like the Prestige, but then they took a super charismatic natural baby face and had him cut a you people promo for like 15 minutes. Galloway vs Osprey was pretty drat good though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The_Rob posted:

Yeah for real. I wanted to like the Prestige, but then they took a super charismatic natural baby face and had him cut a you people promo for like 15 minutes. Galloway vs Osprey was pretty drat good though.

Yeah them turning Hendry heel is Roman Reigns tier being UTTERLY wrong in alignment choice and effective use of talent.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah them turning Hendry heel is Roman Reigns tier being UTTERLY wrong in alignment choice and effective use of talent.

Heel Hendry only really worked when he was a clean cut handsome guy who was going to take all the violence and swear words out of ICW.

I'm just amazed that WCPW put together a team of four fan favorite wrestlers from the U.K. scene and wants me to boo them because they hate lovely import usage.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Sounds like there's the pressing need for a YouTube channel about how WCPW could have booked things better.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Sounds like there's the pressing need for a YouTube channel about how WCPW could have booked things better.

10 ways WCPW could have made actual money! #7 is wild!!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Chris James 2 posted:

First match of today's iPPV, like a minute or so in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUuUz_7_IuU

Turns out this was 100% work because they wanted to prove that they weren't just "High-flyers that rely on the top rope"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

A full month later and I'm still dying every time the gif gets to Ricochet stopping and staring at the turnbuckle

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Solus posted:

Turns out this was 100% work because they wanted to prove that they weren't just "High-flyers that rely on the top rope"

"Let's make ourselves look totally incompetent at the basics of setting up a wrestling show"

Okay you guys are tempting me to watch some of this

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

A full month later and I'm still dying every time the gif gets to Ricochet stopping and staring at the turnbuckle

Me too buddy, me too.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
It's a shame to hear about the booking being bad. I liked Blampied's fantasy booking videos, but I guess it's easier to make a better story in hindsight, and assuming that everyone involved in the story is willing to go along with what you say. I'm pretty sure they wrote something on how booking is harder when you actually have to do it but I can't find it with a quick search so I dunno.

Is the wrestling worth watching Loaded on a weekly basis, or should I just pop in during a PPV or something?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw the event they did in Orlando. Never have I seen a pro wrestling org need subtitles on their videos because the audio was loving awful in the venue.

I do like watching this every now and then though.

Edit - Their Pro Wrestling World Cup stuff is also a pretty cool concept.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 26, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/Shasamuels/status/869990651353419777 (seems to have deleted his tweet, saying workers need to milk them for everything they've got)
https://twitter.com/joe_coffey/status/869992144060198913 (in case this one's deleted, Joe Coffey recommends taking deposits and not trusting them)
https://twitter.com/SeanMcL91/status/869992867237965824 (and now a ref deleted his tweet, calling WCPW children)

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 31, 2017

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

thankfully I saved Sha's tweet

https://imgur.com/4qHfpTb

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Any rumor about what set this off?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I for one am shocked that Internet smarks trying to run a wrestling promotion are bad with money

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TTBF posted:

Any rumor about what set this off?

My guess is the Youtube situation hit a bit harder than they explained and they're now unable to pay (or unwilling to part with money for) everyone

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Yeah the changes to YouTube's advertising algorithms really hosed them, so much so that they had to cancel the weekly "Loaded" shows

https://youtu.be/Hd8KH86VXUY

Basically, wrestling is considered Adult Content, and a lot of advertisers opt out of that category.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

This is going to lose so much money.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a zillion tweets and subtweets by wrestlers on timeline about. Some have pulled out of the show on Friday.

Also to add to things:

https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/870229785074597888 https://twitter.com/Maffewgregg/status/870231628374736896

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Most recent event uploaded (Fight Back) used a logo similar to Youtube's logo. They got a strike on their account for it ("violating Youtube's policy on spam and deceptive practices") and received a message saying their live stream ability has been revoked

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How the hell is that a "spam or deceptive practice". Because the logo is a red square and a white square? Sheesh.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

How the hell is that a "spam or deceptive practice". Because the logo is a red square and a white square? Sheesh.

It's more than likely a false flag caused by​ trolls repeatedly flagging the stream. YouTube strikes first, asks questions later. They may well win on appeal.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

more like woopsculture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/adamtheblampied/status/872005997409304577

• Locked thread