Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i like the ipod video and ipod classic. i've been using an 80gb video and just switched to an 80gb classic, which was a real pain in the rear end.

the classic feels nicer in the hand, but the software feels slower and jankier than the video's. sometimes it pauses by itself and sometimes the click wheel won't scroll.

i'm thinking of opening one or the other or both up and replacing the hard drive with SD cards and the battery with a bigger one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
f y'all's i, the recall on 1st gen ipod nanos is still active and apple will send you a brand new one if you mail it in to be destroyed

also they still consistently sell for $50-75 on ebay. these two facts may be connected

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

yea the software was laggy on newer gen ipods, and the touch wheel not as responsive. you could haul serious rear end navigating on 3rd gen. i always missed that

• Locked thread