Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Adnor spelled backwards is Ronda!
Arond Rex

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:discourse:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I hope his paycheck arrives before his tab

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

I hope his paycheck arrives before his tab

TNA talent were paid to day Wednesday/Thursday. Apparently production people might get paid ever as their debt will die in the old TNA company. January 1st begins the Anthem ownership. https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/815378091329589250

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

rovert posted:

TNA talent were paid to day Wednesday/Thursday. Apparently production people might get paid ever as their debt will die in the old TNA company. January 1st begins the Anthem ownership. [

This is not how things work. Just because a company has new ownership the debts don't just disappear in to the ether, they still have to be paid.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

grack posted:

This is not how things work. Just because a company has new ownership the debts don't just disappear in to the ether, they still have to be paid.

Someone who worked in production told me whether they get paid full, in part or not at all is still a question for whatever it is worth.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

We already know they're stupid since they work in production for TNA. What's your excuse?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

We don't deserve you

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

grack posted:

If Anthem is only buying certain parts of the company like WWE did with WCW it might become an issue where expendable employees think they are going to be hosed with the debts made part of the previous company which will declare bankruptcy. There are laws in place to prevent this, but I wouldn't be shocked if the production people are worried they may be forced to go to court and end up with pennies on the dollar.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Enjoy Thank You

grack
Jan 10, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

If Anthem is only buying certain parts of the company like WWE did with WCW it might become an issue where expendable employees think they are going to be hosed with the debts made part of the previous company which will declare bankruptcy. There are laws in place to prevent this, but I wouldn't be shocked if the production people are worried they may be forced to go to court and end up with pennies on the dollar.

WWE didn't buy WCW as an ongoing concern, they bought the rights to the name, the tape library and 20 contracts. Anthem is purchasing TNA with the intent to carry on business. Pretty big difference.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

grack posted:

WWE didn't buy WCW as an ongoing concern, they bought the rights to the name, the tape library and 20 contracts. Anthem is purchasing TNA with the intent to carry on business. Pretty big difference.

yeah but Anthem could say otherwise, as part of a bid to either force the debt to be restructured or dropped completely.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Meh Tna

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Getting what you're owed is for owners, not employees.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

grack posted:

Anthem has bought a new company created last year that is technically separate from the original TNA. While they aren't going to be able to get rid of their debts this way I can understand why some people would expect to get screwed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Lagana/status/815572038261886976

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There is a live One Night Only pay-per-view this Friday night. Also a "live" Impact on POP this week but of course there's no mention of either on their website or Twitter listing on what's on either.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TNADixie/status/815341861409681408

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Saw this book cover, thought of you guys

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Remember this graphic https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/816375290922500097

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
https://twitter.com/AronsThoughts/status/816364833004277760

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Aron sure knows the most flattering angle to take a picture from

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Tato posted:

Aron sure knows the most flattering angle to take a picture from

Maybe he's proud of the double chin?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Accrding to PWInsider, this is the insane taping schedule they're doing, starting Thursday.

quote:

TNA will kick off 2017 with a LOT of TV tapings at Universal Studios Orlando. The promotion will be filming, we are told, 12 episodes of Impact as well as material for Xplosion and One Night Only PPVs on Soundstage 20.

The company will hold a live One Night Only PPV this Friday 1/6 at 8 PM on traditional PPV outlets as well as streaming starting live on the Fite App, which you can download for free to your desktop, cell phone, Samsung Smart TV, iPad, iPhone and other mobile devices by clicking here.

PWInsider.com is seeking spoiler reports from the tapings, which are scheduled for:

Thursday 1/5 at 7 PM ("live" Impact Wrestling, which will air same evening)

Friday 1/6 at 7 PM (One Night Only PPV airs at 8 PM live)

Saturday 1/7 at 1 PM

Saturday 1/7 at 7 PM.

Sunday 1/8 at 1 PM.

Sunday 1/8 at 7 PM.

Monday 1/9 - Pre-tapes for talent, no taping event for fans.

Tuesday 1/10 at 6 PM.

Wednesday 1/11 at 6 PM

Thursday 1/12 at 6 PM.

3 months of TV, including two live shows back to back. Who will get paid? Who will be injured on day 3 and left holding the bag for medical expenses?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesssssussss that's a lot of tapings.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

9 tapings in 8 days, lol

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Imagine going to Universal on a weekend and spending the prime part of the day, the early afternoon, watching Aron Rex.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wonder what he did to not be on NXT currently.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Huh, wasn't he already clean shaven? I thought it was an old tweet at first but the date says the contrary.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Numero6 posted:

Huh, wasn't he already clean shaven? I thought it was an old tweet at first but the date says the contrary.

Yeah I wondered that too. He's clean-shaven right here

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

In that picture you can clearly see a fully grown arm coming out of his face.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe he's not talking about his face.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
God drat the Impact Wrestling site is sad. It's just a rotating big banner image that doesn't even fit the page and has words superimposed on top so you can't even read legibly. Also they finally removed the roster page as they could never keep it current and the current state of the roster would likely look very pathetic.

The TNA Shop auctions page is pretty funny though - http://stores.ebay.com/ShopTNA-TNA-IMPACT-Wrestling

A 20 pack of Impact Wrestling pencils!:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-pack-IMPACT-WRESTLING-Pencils-Total-Nonstop-Wresling-wwe-/331560794450?hash=item4d32903952

A calendar that is five years out of date and isn't signed or anything, only 20 bucks (free shipping!):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2012-TNA-Wrestling-Calendar-Sting-AJ-Styles-HArdy-ShopTNA-wwe-wcw-/331568991038?hash=item4d330d4b3e

This one is mine, none of you fuckers better poach it:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cute-Kip-AUTOGRAPHED-photo-8-x10-Impact-Wrestling-ShopTNA-wwe-2-/331501898975?hash=item4d2f0d8cdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

New thread on the way, gimme a sec

E: Here ya go kids

DJExile fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 3, 2017

• Locked thread