Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hot 1 Cold 1 Volatile 0 Dark -1
Exp: 1/5

At the sound of brush shifting, I head over to Morgan and Victoria, kneeling down to Morgan's knee-level.

"Oh man, you got that ivy bad, Morgan! Are you gonna be okay to keep hiking? Maybe I should get Ms. Schmitt to take us back to the infirmary."

I place my hand on Morgan's leg and slide it along her calf, feeling for any irritation.

Turn on: 9!
Exp for Hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 2/5 | Conditions: Taken Off Guard

I look blankly at the ever increasing gathering around Morgan. It was a mere stumble, was it not? Why was everyone showing such concern over a minor fall? These humans made little sense. In any case, it seemed that matters had gone further than the slight warranted. Perhaps a display of regret would be called for. I extend out a hand towards Morgan, stabilizing myself with another hand against the back of Fio's neck, "Are you alright, Morgan? Please forgive my earlier clumsiness."

My hand begins to creep down towards the front of Fio's body as I lean further in towards Morgan.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 10:57 AM
@Anastasiya (Tricky): 2d6+1 Turn On Fio = (6+1)+1 =

Self/Promise/String!

Tricky fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 21, 2016

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Hot: 0 Cold: 1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 2/5 Conditions: Overconfident

Anastasiya and Miss James crowd around Morgan, talking and touching them. Touching Morgan. The poor fools! I elbow my way between the three, carefully keeping my gloves out of the way. “Hsssst! Stop that you two, you’re exposing yourselves to the toxin! I have gloves for a reason!” I stare at Anastasiya and Miss James, fear and exasperation warring inside of me. “Most people are OK, but there is a small percentage that can have a severe reaction!” My voice drops to a near whisper. “Even f-fa, even fatal in some cases. So please be more careful, I wouldn’t want anything to h-happen to you two as well.”

I try my best, but the tears come anyways. I turn back to Morgan so the others can’t see them. Poor sweet Morgan knows and understands. And if I had only been paying attention to the trail, instead of luxuriating in the attentions of the others. My fault...

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 2:45 PM
@Victoria (PoultryGeist): 2d6+1 Unresolved Trauma = (2+2)+1 = 5

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Harm:0/4 Exp: 1/5 Conditions:

"I..." How do I even explain this to Riley? I can't tell her that Ana has something important of mine, but I don't want to to lie to her, either. "Ana... depends on me. I promised her I'd help her... fit in, but it's just been really hard. I never know if I'm doing a good job helping her or not, and things... sometimes go really bad," I look at Riley, my face briefly filled with panic, "Because of me! Not Ana! It's usually my fault!" I give a heavy sigh, and lean my head on her shoulder, "She hasn't been a... bad person to me, just a little... difficult. It's just been... really stressful. Juggling my responsibilities, and having to take care of Ana. I mean, I don't mind helping her, after all, Ana is my..." there is a short pause, as I stare at the ground, "...My friend," I say, in a heavy tone.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

Hrrm. I'm not a hundred percent sure I believe her about all this stuff with Ana, I know I don't like how quick she jumped ta say that stuff goin' wrong was all her fault. I'm gonna make a mental note ta talk with Ana sometime when it was just the two of us, straighten a few things out. But right now... right now I need ta be here for June. She's loosened up a bit, a tiny bit, but she's still wound up tighter than an eight day clock, and that just won't do!

I told her I was gonna show all about the wild and I don't intend ta make myself a liar, so I get started! I tell how ta notice the little things animals leave behind. Everythin' from scat ta the marks on trees from bucks cleanin' their antlers, from how ta tell where an owl lives ta the little roads all the rodents make in the grass. All simple things, but ta someone from the city... well shoot it'd be like openin' your eyes all over again!

After a bit of this, I break from talkin' about the differences between chipmunks and squirrels and move on ta somethin' a bit more serious.

"Hey June? You know that you can ask me about anythin', right? Even if you think it's silly or dumb. I'll even help you with Ana, all you gotta do is ask me, ok?"

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016

Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 3/5 | Conditions: Admonished, Snake Food, Poison Ivy

GHA!! Everything seemed to be going well then the world turned sideways for a moment and I went face first into a poison ivy bush.. The help from Vic was accepted and I started to brush myself off rear end he dabbed down the irritated areas..

"this is why i dont go on hikes.. " I grumble softly "thanks Vic you are a life saver "

Then i was surrounded by girls .. Flo touching my thigh .. Ana so close .. Vic still whipping me down .. oh it was nice .. and i took a moment to bask in the attention but Vic was right .. i wouldnt want to expose either of them to the eventual nasty rash I was about to get..

"ahh come on now ladies .. I am alright really .. Vic has me .. she usually does" I offer her a smile knowing that all this made her uncomfortable .. the threat of death did that to those already dead and here on borrowed time. but still it was nice to have the attention for the moment

"she can be my nurse any time" i smirked at that trying my best to comfort her the only way I really knew how

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:57 AM
@Morgan (ADF): 2d6+2 turn on Vic = (2+2)+2 = 6
marked exp

Trade conditions with Ana .. took Poison Ivy, give her blood donor

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Nature... is amazing! I've been so preoccupied with trying to fit in to their world, that I never thought of just... experiencing it. It's like experiencing a brand new world! The way these creatures act and live is so simple, yet so... wonderful, and pure. It almost reminds me of home, in a way. I would love to show Riley my home, someday. I feel like she, of all people, would appreciate it's splendor the most. If only there was a way for surface-dwellers to survive underwater.

She'll help me? Even with Ana? I'm not sure if she can, but... I appreciate the sentiment. "I understand. If there's anything I need help with, I'll make sure to come to you. And Riley?" I give her a big, warm smile, "Thank you!"

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Base of Mount Bone - 9:24am

The day is already starting to heat up. Now's the time to take off any jackets or sweaters, if you haven't already. Which is a good thing, because as your hike rounds a pine grove, you all come to a wide clearing, where Ms. Schmidt waits impatiently. "Come on, slowpokes! This is a counseling hike!"

As you gather around her, she drops her pack and brings out several maps. She looks at them briefly, then up at you. "Alright, we're going to be splitting up into two groups!" She starts handing out maps and bunching you up.

Ana, Morgan, and Fio: Ms. Schmidt gives you three a bright smile, "Alright, so, you three will be taking the east path towards Big Bone, it's a little more challenging but you three should have no trouble out there." She points off to a trail leading from the clearing - and as you look where it heads, you can see a trail carved into the rocks, switching back and forth up the steepest part of the mountain.

June, Victoria, and Riley: Then, she turns to you three, handing over the map, "Which means you guys get the western trail. Little Bone." She points in another direction, where a smaller trail heads through a thick forest, then up a less-steep slope of Mount Bone.

She claps her hands together, "And I'm heading up the fire trail! she adds with a nod towards a road leading directly up the mountain with zero shade.

Everyone: What do you say before you leave on the separate hikes?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Morgan’s attempts to cheer me up and flirt at the same time were so transparent and outre I had to giggle a little. Which may have been the point, its hard to tell with them sometimes. And luckily I have never gone for rouge or tinctures, so a few moments with a tissue and the evidence of my tears is gone.

And then Ms. Schmitt throws everything into chaos. Yes I’d be walking with June, but also with her oaf of a companion. And poor Morgan will have to go up the steeper trail. I would object, but I know Ms. Schmitt isn’t one to change her mind easily. I give Morgan a disappointed pout and open up their pack.

“Here take the aloe and my sunscreen, you’ll need it more than me.” I secure the small bottles and zip up the pack, proud that my hands aren’t trembling at the thought of what I’m doing next. I lean close and whisper into their ear.

Behave, and I’ll have a present for you tonight.” Then I kiss Morgan’s cheek quickly, turning away before they can see how much I’m blushing.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 9:19 PM
@Victoria (PoultryGeist): 2d6+0 Turn on Morgan = (5+6)+0 = 11
Taking a String

I walk towards June and Riley, trying to keep myself steady. “Miss Whitwillow, Miss Shannon. Looks like we have a Bone to climb.”

Wait, what did I just say?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: 1 Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 0/5 Conditions:

"Aw sure thing June, 'tain't nothin'!"

Not too long past that, we reach Ms. Schmidt and she reveals that we're splittin' up inta groups! Happily I get paired up with June and Victoria. I ain't had much ta do with her yet, but she seems nice enough, even if she does dress kinda funny. But she sure seems eager enough ta get to hikin' and that suits me just fine!

"Eeyup, it's gonna be great! Now let's get movin', 'less you wanna let them other guys beat us there!"

I grab both of their hands and starts us off down the trail! Hiking! Friends! Fun!

[10:18:45] <ShootaBoy> Turn On Victoria
[10:18:50] <ShootaBoy> !r 2d6+2
[10:18:52] <Krysmbot> ShootaBoy, 5+2 = 7
Self/Promise/Non-existent String?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Nature... is excruciating. How do the surface-dwellers learn to deal with this heat!? I've already consumed most of my water bottles, and we're not even halfway through! Ughhhh, I don't know if I can survive the rest of the hike.

We're... splitting up? I'm happy I'll still be with Riley, and Victoria is... well, she's a little, um, creepy, and I can't understand most of the words she says, but, um, she's... nice? I suppose? Well, I can't really complain too much. It looks like we'll be going through a place with some actual shade, so I might actually be able to live through this entire ordeal.

"Y-yea. I'm, um, I'm..." I give Victoria a shy, awkward smile, "I'm sure, um, we'll do, great together! I think? Who knows! Maybe, um, this'll be a great opportunity to... know... each other better? Because... you, uh, seem... like a... really... nice... person?" Oh no, I'm rambling again. Why do I always ramble when I'm nervous?

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 11:59 PM
@June (Hugzilla): 2d6 Turn on Victoria = (5+2) = 7
String/Promise/Self

"Ah..!" Before I could say anything else, I feel Riley grab my hand, and my face, once again, feels like it's heating up, and it's not from the humidity this time. Her hand is so warm and so... soft. I grip on tight to her hand, never wanting to let go of it.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Hot: +1 | Cold: +2 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 2/5 | Conditions: Taken Off Guard, Blood Donor

Ms. Schmidt's decision to force a shift in grouping was unwelcome. Not only was I unable to rely on the social acumen of June, I was also forced to spend the second half of the hike with the increasingly blotchy looking Morgan. It seemed that the vegetation she fell in had provoked some sort of response. I hadn't considered that -- my superior reptilian heritage must provide some measure of protection from the plant-based irritants. I had spent my early years exploring the surrounding woods and peaks and had never experienced anything like it. Perhaps I could engage Fio in some light conversation while we hiked. She seemed knowledgeable enough about the workings of human society. Not to the same standard as June, of course, but few could claim such expertise.

For all of my displeasure, the day was proceeding nicely. I did not mind the proposed route. It certainly offered little shade and was steep, but it seemed to provide a grand view. The rise in ambient heat was giving me more and more energy as the hours passed and I hardly required the amount of water that June was guzzling down. Perhaps it would be a welcome gesture to provide her some of my own.

The other trio seemed to be moving off before us, but before they proceeded too far I called out, "June! It seems you require more fluids. Please, take some of my own." I waved a water bottle as I walked toward her.

Yet, as I approached, it was Riley that caught my eye. She seemed equally at home in the outdoors as I did. I favored the rugged girl with the look that had seemed so effective with the others. I crinkled my eyes appropriately, took careful notice of the shape of my mouth... was there anything I was missing? Surely not.

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 12:04 PM
@Anastasiya (Tricky): 2d6+1 Turn on Riley = (3+1)+1 =

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Luckily no-one seems to have noticed my slip of the tongue. And then the oafish Riley nearly pulls me off my feet, and I stifle a yelp of surprise. I have half a mind to tell her off, but being this close to her I can’t help be feel the primal energy rolling off of her body. Its like being close to a power line, and I shiver a little bit.
(Riley gets a string)

And then before I regain my wits, June is talking to me!? I stare at her opened-mouth for a moment before I realize what she was saying and the gape becomes a slightly-to-wide smile. “Yes, of course! An excellent suggestion Miss Whitwillow, my life is an open book to you!” I pause, trying to think of something that doesn’t betray the fact that I’m dead or that I spend my nights watching her sleep.

“Ummm, I am a Pisces? And my full name is Victoria Elizabeth Mallory Chase-Pruett. But I would be honored if you’d call me Victo-, Vicky. Call me Vicky, please.
(Victoria promises to tell June whatever she wants to know about herself)

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016

Hot: +2 | Cold: +1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: -1
Harm: 0/4 | Exp: 3/5 | Conditions: Admonished, Snake Food, Poison Ivy

I grin at Victoria at her coy little tease.. it was enough to make me want to tolerate this little hike up the steep side if she was going to give me special attention later on I grab her wrist before she pulls away bringing it up to my lips to bite at it lightly perhaps giving her some idea what might be in store later on.. after that little nip i let her go to join her group as i squirt some of the sunscreen in my hand and start lathering it on my arms and neck..

This was going to be a long day .. at least I didnt have to go up the Fire trail.. that one would defiantly push my limits.. I am fine in the day as long as there was some shade and it seemed like there was some on the steep trail.. but I defiantly did not wear the right shoes for this

I make my way over to Ana and Fio *scratch scratch* oh this was going to be anoying and not very sexy at all

"alright .. lets get this over and done with i want to get off this drat mountain and take a bath" I would Grin at Ana "you are more than welcome to join me" I just could not help myself

quote:

SidekickBOT - Today at 8:18 PM
@Morgan (ADF): 2d6+2 turn on Ana = (6+5)+2 = 13

take a string

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hot 1 Cold 1 Volatile 0 Dark -1
Exp: 1/5

I adjust my backpack and start going down the trail, leading the charge. This is my duty as the cabin leader!

"Come on, girls, you can flirt when we're off this mountain! Let's go!"

• Locked thread