Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Cubone posted:

????

Do they have something better?

He said "a raw guy" and specified that it was not gonna be Strowman

Considering Seth is in a match already.... that leaves the Big Dog and Finn Balor in terms of "big names". With Finn they could both have very spooky entrances, but I think the size difference would between the two just look goofy.

I'm not sure I believe Dave on this, but assuming he's right I'd bet on Finn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

He said "a raw guy" and specified that it was not gonna be Strowman

Considering Seth is in a match already.... that leaves the Big Dog and Finn Balor in terms of "big names". With Finn they could both have very spooky entrances, but I think the size difference would between the two just look goofy.

I'm not sure I believe Dave on this, but assuming he's right I'd bet on Finn.

Finn/Taker would actually own in terms of being stupid goofy poo poo which is awesome sometimes.

If it's Roman I'll be morbidly curious to see where they go with it and how violently and explosively the crowd would poo poo on Roman going over.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Finn/Taker would actually own in terms of being stupid goofy poo poo which is awesome sometimes.

If it's Roman I'll be morbidly curious to see where they go with it and how violently and explosively the crowd would poo poo on Roman going over.

Beyond the over the top entrances (which would definitely own), I can't even imagine what a Finn / Taker match would look like. Their in-ring styles would just seem to not mesh in any way whatsoever. Imagining Taker taking those dropkicks into the corner is not a pretty thought

Undertaker / Roman, I mean you know exactly what it would be. The crowd would poo poo on it and it'd be horrible, but its obvious

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Beyond the over the top entrances (which would definitely own), I can't even imagine what a Finn / Taker match would look like. Their in-ring styles would just seem to not mesh in any way whatsoever. Imagining Taker taking those dropkicks into the corner is not a pretty thought

Undertaker / Roman, I mean you know exactly what it would be. The crowd would poo poo on it and it'd be horrible, but its obvious

I dunno I think Finn/Taker could work. You could be right, mind.

That does leave me wondering what they'll do with Cena though. AJ? Will Cena lose at Rumble, win at Mania? This has me all confused.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I dunno I think Finn/Taker could work. You could be right, mind.

That does leave me wondering what they'll do with Cena though. AJ? Will Cena lose at Rumble, win at Mania? This has me all confused.

I think either they do that, but they bring Ric Flair in to corner AJ or something to make it feel like a bigger deal (maybe Flair cheats Cena out of it at the Rumble... he did just post that working out video and he has a 30 for 30 coming out on him, but im not sure thats something WWE will want people to see)

Or they do a triple threat with Cena / Orton / AJ just to get all the big Smackdown guys on the show

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

The shotgun dropkick at least is partly on the guy taking it, and if they gently caress up it just looks bad. Otoh Nakamura described the Coup de Grace as feeling like "being stabbed in the chest" when done right.. I don't doubt Finn's ability to nail the timing and momentum, or Taker's unimpeachable ring experience, but there's no set of circumstances under which I wouldn't be horrified to watch 190 pounds dropped onto a 51-year-old man's chest from five feet in the air.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Vince probably loves the idea of Balor v. Undertaker because he can plaster THE DEMON VS. THE PHENOM on promotional material.

(I also happen to think it would be a fun feud...maybe not a fun match)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

holy poo poo Balor vs Undertaker would be great. if you're planning on pushing a guy to the moon then Balor beating Undertaker is maybe even bigger than him cleanly beating Roman/Seth in a row for the title.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Give me Ambrose vs. Cena please.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

I only picked Seth vs HHH correctly.

Seth vs HH, Randy vs Bray (didn't predict it would be for the title), Brock vs Goldberg (didn't predict it would be for the title)

Goldberg vs Brock (didn't think it would be for the title), Seth vs HHH, KO vs Jericho (wrong title)

HHH vs. Rollins, Lesnar vs. Goldberg, Orton vs. Wyatt, KO vs. Jericho correctly picked, last 3 incorrectly without being title matches.

Brock/Goldberg, HHH/Rollins, KO/Jericho, Orton/Wyatt, Baron/Dean all correctly called. Good work on calling Baron Corbin vs Dean!

Sugar Blaster posted:

Cena/Undertaker/Styles for the title in the main event. Cena wins the belt at the Rumble. Undertaker wins the Rumble. Styles challenges for the rematch at Mania. Something something which "era" is it? Undertaker has the best worker in the world to buffer what have been a lackluster past few Mania appearances.

HAHA NOPE!

Professor Funk posted:

So when is Samoa Joe coming up? Because I feel like I'd love for Miz to issue an open challenge at Wrestlemania for the IC belt and have Joe come out to answer it.

Debuted earlier than you expected. I was also super wrong, thinking Nakamura would debut main roster soon. Maybe after Wrestlemania.

Venomous posted:

-AJ retains at the Royal Rumble
-some Raw dude wins the Rumble
-Cena wins a #1 Contender's match at Elimination Chamber
-Taker wins the WHC at Elimination Chamber
-Cena retires Taker

Sadly entirely wrong

Jericho vs Owens, Goldberg vs Lesnar, Rollins vs HHH, Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha. Nice work on picking the women's match, even if you incorrectly thought they'd do the correct thing of corronating Bayley at Wrestlemania.

Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg, Seth Rollins vs HHH correct.

Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg, HHH vs. Seth Rollins, Charlotte vs. Bailey vs. Sasha Banks. Some titles wrong, Bayley spelled wrong :(

Rollins vs Triple H, Brock vs Goldberg called correctly.

And the chat on the last page that Undertaker vs Roman was coming was correct!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
In this thread that was never a competition to begin with, I declare that Senerio is the best at predicting Wrestlemania!

People can take this opportunity to look back on the hope that people had, and how it was all crushed by WWE booking. Nobody thought Brock/Goldberg would be for the universal title, for example.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yay I won! I have high hopes for a few of those matches, and will probably enjoy a bunch of the other matches well enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
It's amazing that WWE picked a large part of the card I really wanted to see and have made it poo poo.

• Locked thread