Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Glancing at a review uh, man that WWE game looks like a dire microtransaction hellhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Finally, a good game for PS5

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Seems relevant to link the goldmined New York 64 thread as a crash course in all the awful poo poo the WWE has been up to this last few decades.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876203

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Plus pretty much traded vita games I can't play for PS5 games I can't play. Just have it for bloodborne at this point. $30 per year on sales n stuff aint too bad.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jul 1, 2021

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Glancing at a review uh, man that WWE game looks like a dire microtransaction hellhole.

Having played it on PC (I did not buy it, I was given a code by a friend), its not very good. Though it does have some very weird comicbook style things between fights to tell its really strange story. For instance, Stone Cold is like, your mentor/hype man, and after an early fight with Samoa Joe, he just kinda shuts the lights off, locks the door, and leaves Joe in the empty arena, which is an abandonded subway tunnel. Super weird game.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
There also like three types of wrestler and every character is assigned an archetype, so most of what makes reach wrestler unique is stripped out of the game. Character select is basically skin deep

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Arms_Akimbo posted:

There also like three types of wrestler and every character is assigned an archetype, so most of what makes reach wrestler unique is stripped out of the game. Character select is basically skin deep

The McMahon dream.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Oh hey, it’s the beginning of August. I wonder what the PS+ games are…

Ok then.

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

BGrifter posted:

Ok then.

You leave Nintendo only to have that Manpig pursue you with romantic intent.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BGrifter posted:

Ok then.

don’t doxx me

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Realized today that I had enough Sony Reward points to cover the Street Fighter V Champion Edition Upgrade + Season 5 Premium bundle on sale. This was after consulting a few websites and charts to suss out what exactly I'd be getting (yay modern gaming!).

My one question now is, what exactly is there to spend the in-game Fight Money on? Basically everything in the shop looks like it's been "Purchased" already since it came with the upgrade/Season Pass. There's the "Fighting Chance" loot box thing with the fortune teller girl that hands out some cosmetics, should I just be throwing all the currency into that?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah, they have costumes available only through fighting chance and they swap them out like once a month. There are some EX colors you only get through that too.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh dammit, I got an email from Sony inviting me to log into the PS Store and buy a ps5, but it went to my spam folder so I missed the timeslot :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Overcooked (PS5), Hitman 2 and Predator Hunting Grounds (PS4) are apparently next month's PS+ games.