Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jim Barris posted:

Xanax never really appealed to me except as a tool you use to make coke/crystal comedowns less aggravating. I've seen people get into serious 'several bars a day' style habits with Xanax and it never ends well for them. Usually the way it ends is 'got arrested for assaulting someone for a minor perceived slight because they become monsters with no control over their id'. My favorite is this guy I saw at a gas station who was obviously very hosed up on xanax and he got out of his car and dropped his gun in the process but he was so hosed up he just walked inside leaving his gun lying next to his drivers side door. Imagine being so hosed up that you don't notice a gun falling out of your waist or maybe it was in his lap for some bizarre reason. I'm honestly not sure how he hosed up that badly.

This wouldn't have happened if his xanax had a gun. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
Can i have the best benzo stories? My housemates do xanax a lot and i want to see into this potential future

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Can i have the best benzo stories? My housemates do xanax a lot and i want to see into this potential future

dig around TCC and look for the "joose" (phenazepham) stories

it is a scary RC benzo that caused many goons to blackout and do stupid poo poo

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Thankfully this was years ago but back in my heroin days I ran with a couple people who swore by the benzo/smack combo. I could never sleep on good dope so I guess I could see the draw, and developed a pretty good benzo habit on top of the smack habit. I had no issue getting off the benzos, though I know it can be devastating and shouldn't ever be taken lightly. But there's no goddamn way benzos are even close to addictive as dope, whoever mentioned that earlier is out of their loving mind.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
This thread makes me feel super lucky that the one time I was prescribed Xanax I threw the entire package away after three days because I failed to see the point of taking it. Had no idea what I was holding at the time honestly and was annoyed because as far as I was concerned at the time I had been prescribed something that didnt help jack poo poo.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM6DdPQeD1A

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Never loving mix benzos with smack or strong opiates. That's a bullet train to a sad funeral

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Paging forums human being, T.S. Smelliot to the thread to hold benzos to the highest order of psychological treatment

Shocked he's not here singing its praises

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Last time I tried a dose of benzos I shoplifted, forgot where I parked my car then got a ride from a police officer with an ounce of weed on me to a head shop where I parked my car

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer

basic hitler posted:

Never loving mix benzos with smack or strong opiates. That's a bullet train to a sad funeral

This is good advice, no joke

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'd also recommend not taking benzos with alcohol. That's basically the worst combination since they both hit on the same GABA (i think) receptors. That's why they use benzos for alcohol withdrawal.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
There's a lady who uses her cats' fake anxiety to get aplrazolam from our clinic. She calls promptly on her refill day every month for every cat, slurring her words and making no drat sense.

Lady, we know wtf is going on. All 4 of your cats cannot possibly have that much anxiety. Two of them are kittens! They're supposed to be hyper as gently caress! Also you throw a fit if we try to give you pills for anything else...how exactly are you having no prob giving the alpraz pills but are unable to give them any other pill? Jesus, try to think of a better cover.

She takes her cats' xanax. All day, erry day.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
By all means, continue doing so

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I dunno, I loving love the things.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'd also recommend not taking benzos with alcohol. That's basically the worst combination since they both hit on the same GABA (i think) receptors. That's why they use benzos for alcohol withdrawal.

Speaking of which.... I'm beginning to withdrawal this very moment and am beginning to feel very sick! :toot: Probably a good time to use my klonopin like I'm supposed to. Maybe an extra .5 so I don't get too bad. For tonight at least.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Benzos are cool because they cause really bad rebound anxiety in a lot of people. I'm glad that they're legal and not weed.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Speaking of which.... I'm beginning to withdrawal this very moment and am beginning to feel very sick! :toot: Probably a good time to use my klonopin like I'm supposed to. Maybe an extra .5 so I don't get too bad. For tonight at least.

Will you be live posting your plunge into depravity? Please don't. Once you run out its seizure time

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

interwhat posted:

Will you be live posting your plunge into depravity? Please don't. Once you run out its seizure time

Doubtful. Well maybe. I'll probably be too pissed off at everything to do the comedy service. Luckily I'm on anti-seizure meds as well (for mood). I don't think I'll get DTs but the next few days are not going to be fun. To pass the time I was building a rocket and drat is it hard to glue two pieces of balsa wood together when you're shaking. Almost glued them to my hands on more than one occasion. Well not really but it's kinda fun to peel the wood glue off of your entire freaking hands.

Oh yeah, I'm going to try to stop drinking again tonight. There were a few threads about alcohol and I'm still drinking daily. My cousin died of a heroin overdose last year today so it's probably a good idea to not end up like he did. :(

edit: it's starting to look like a child is making this rocket. I'll just tell people my nephew did it.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 26, 2017

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
https://youtu.be/ezpYym_3zUc

How not to get Xanax from your doctor.

"OOOHHHHHHH!"

"I'M SOOOORRRYYY!"

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I have a prescription for 2mg klonopins but they don't do poo poo, even with alcohol. Now they just sit in a desk drawer next to some 3 year old percocets I'll probably never use. I am bad at drugs and that's my benzo story.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Kpin is more euphoric than xanax in my experience. Ive never had access to a lot but ive always enjoyed it.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Healthy Nut Snack posted:

I've never seen someone get within a hair's breadth of dying on Aderral.

Of all the prescription drugs you choose to be a safe measuring stick against Xanax and you choose the meth one.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I knew a young Aussie who got addicted to Xanax while he was a teacher in Thailand. You used to be able to just buy them over the counter here, and I don't think he had any idea how addictive they were. He taught the little kindergarten kiddies, like 5 year olds, and one time he had a seizure at the front of the classroom. Like a proper one, foaming at the mouth and twitching on the floor and poo poo. The kids were all huddled at the back of the room terrified. We were all worried as gently caress and I even spent the night in the hospital to keep him company because I thought he had epilepsy or something. He paid a shitload of money for a barrage of tests, and they didn't find a thing wrong with him and were really confused and eventually released him.

Then he had another one a few weeks later, luckily this time in the staff room. By this point I learned that he'd been taking Xanax all the time, and out of curiosity I looked up the side effects. Seizures (possibly fatal ones) if you get addicted then suddenly stop taking them. Then I thought back to when he'd had his seizures, and both were at the end of the month when he'd run out of money and couldn't afford to buy more pills.

Dude had absolutely no idea, and probably almost died because he was blindly taking benzos with no respect for them at all.

So yeah, don't gently caress around with them.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
don't do benzos, do the cool GABA date rape drug: GHB

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Lamebot posted:

don't do benzos, do the cool GABA date rape drug: GHB

Its better than booze and xanax but by god it tastes of rear end. Worse than rear end. Id eat rear end to get the taste of G out my mouth

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
xanax is great because its being treated like cocaine when it was first discovered so its going to be a fun time dealing with scores of people made useless from benzo withdrawal

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Its better than booze and xanax but by god it tastes of rear end. Worse than rear end. Id eat rear end to get the taste of G out my mouth

Go out with me and I'll make sure you do

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Jim Barris posted:

Xanax never really appealed to me except as a tool you use to make coke/crystal comedowns less aggravating. I've seen people get into serious 'several bars a day' style habits with Xanax and it never ends well for them. Usually the way it ends is 'got arrested for assaulting someone for a minor perceived slight because they become monsters with no control over their id'. My favorite is this guy I saw at a gas station who was obviously very hosed up on xanax and he got out of his car and dropped his gun in the process but he was so hosed up he just walked inside leaving his gun lying next to his drivers side door. Imagine being so hosed up that you don't notice a gun falling out of your waist or maybe it was in his lap for some bizarre reason. I'm honestly not sure how he hosed up that badly.

I think you've come across a million-dollar idea for a wildly popular reddit sub

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
btw, Day 1 in the bank. Should be easier to stay not drinking now but the next few days are going to suck. I'm also going to be taking my benzo as prescribed which should help with the withdrawals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Crash_N_Burn posted:

thats gbl

• Locked thread