Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

like a cigarette should posted:

you can tell me anything about Japan and I will believe it

truly a land of hopes and dreams

The cities are fine, but all the townships in the country are abandoned and haunted by a murder of ringu girls and loving sharks.

E: photo evidence

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Junji ito owns hard

Draconi Ann
Oct 4, 2006

I am an Angel of the Lord.

Zo posted:

I don't know what you're trying to imply here. Several japan cultural experts before myself had already posted itt about how there's no soap in any bathrooms in japan :raise:
Hey now, I never claimed to be a cultural expert, just pointing out something I noticed.

I watched the video finally and kinda feel sorry for the guy. Sounds like he worked for a lovely company. That's no reason to hate a whole country though, goddamn.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Blue Train posted:

Junji ito owns hard

Isn't spirals getting its own anime soon? Hopefully it owns.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I think we are getting off topic

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
What's worse , weebs in Japan or creeps in the rest of Asia?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VideoTapir posted:

What's worse , weebs in Japan or creeps in the rest of Asia?

I don't think there's really a huge difference between the two. Both are definitely the worst.

The saddest are the ones with a weird complex where they think they're better than the other losers who went to Asia because they couldn't hack it back home.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I don't think there's really a huge difference between the two. Both are definitely the worst.

The saddest are the ones with a weird complex where they think they're better than the other losers who went to Asia because they couldn't hack it back home.

You see that a lot in Japan with guys who were English teachers for like 7 years then they got married and their wife helped them get some computer job at a company or and then they're all "Fuckin English teachers are such losers".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I didn't read most of the thread, but I went to Japan. Taught for a year.

It was a lot of fun at times, boring at other times. I miss it a lot, but I'll be trying to head to Korea next soon to do some more of the same. It was certainly more fun than the job I actually studied for.

As far as the OP is insinuating: I guess they filter out the weeabos quickly, if they even bother applying. I was one of the very few people in my prefecture that had even heard of anime. It was a lot of regular people there, mostly just the kind of people that like to travel; most had no connection to Japan or particular knowledge of the culture (or "culture").

• Locked thread