Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Diego is basically the loving hypno-toad of winning decisions he lost.

I still bet Brown has enough in the tank to gently caress him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Mr. Nice! posted:

Could look like Lawler/Cerrone.

God that was such a badass loving fight. It looked like Cowboy would get finished early and he rallied before going to loving war.

I wanna see Cerrone Condit if Carlos ever fights again. Two rangey hard hitting cardio dudes with very diverse offence and high work rates. I imagine both would land hard several times but Carlos would come out ahead because he's so loving durable (not just his chin - his recovery is amazing, see the Ellenberger fight where he was dropped and incredibly hurt and Jake kneed him in the back of the head while he was face down and he carried on and came back).

Engaging in MMA fantasising here but Carlos hasn't been mentioned in too long.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
If BJ and Diego insist on continuing to fight, UFC should probably rematch them so we can see who has fallen farther.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

de Randamie has disappeared off the Rotterdam card. What did she do this time?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Ratios and Tendency posted:

de Randamie has disappeared off the Rotterdam card. What did she do this time?

Injured hand I believe?

Neurosis posted:

I wanna see Cerrone Condit if Carlos ever fights again. Two rangey hard hitting cardio dudes with very diverse offence and high work rates. I imagine both would land hard several times but Carlos would come out ahead because he's so loving durable (not just his chin - his recovery is amazing, see the Ellenberger fight where he was dropped and incredibly hurt and Jake kneed him in the back of the head while he was face down and he carried on and came back).

Engaging in MMA fantasising here but Carlos hasn't been mentioned in too long.

1. really doubt 2 jackson-wink guys would scrap
2. carlos is mostly retired after getting woozied from a demian maia flail

~~~~

DODSON, WE GOT DODSON HERE

https://twitter.com/Farah_Hannoun/status/903408697791176704

Dodson vs Moraes would be EXTREMELY SICK

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

freud mayweather posted:

he also bested your long time friend kenny florian in the most brutal arena of all: reality television

I was trying to drat him with faint praise not bring up times he dominate a GOAT

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is this thread for Invicta 25? I bought a UFC.TV sub for the mayweather fight and got an alert about some live cards and thought why not.

Last match had some interesting stand up clinchwork/wrestling.

Edit: Thank you for the link!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Jack B Nimble posted:

Is this thread for Invicta 25? I bought a UFC.TV sub for the mayweather fight and got an alert about some live cards and thought why not.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570181&pagenumber=390#lastpost

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jack B Nimble posted:

Edit: Thank you for the link!

Use the B-League MMA thread = https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3570181&perpage=40&pagenumber=390#pti31

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Nice of a commissioner to give Jon Jones so much benefit of the doubt:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/8/31/16236786/jon-jones-positive-test-ufc-drug-csac-cormier-214

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

It is really a very bizarre situation

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

quote:

Foster says that in order for Jones to test positive, he was either extremely careless, or intentionally tried to cheat.

Wowwww

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Or both

mewse
May 2, 2006

It's good they're going to try to figure out what happened because apparently that substance is very easy to detect and it wouldn't benefit Jones to start taking it a day before the fight.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

mewse posted:

It's good they're going to try to figure out what happened because apparently that substance is very easy to detect and it wouldn't benefit Jones to start taking it a day before the fight.

Maybe their tests just suck and didn't catch it the first few times.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Nierbo posted:

Maybe their tests just suck and didn't catch it the first few times.

That's possible and something they should definitely investigate

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The Jon Jones innocence project... begins now.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah my money is on masking gone awry.

Or it would be if I was jase1 and the case was ever going to be solved.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/shaunalshatti/status/903677658793480193

Guys, we can rest easy knowing that Jones will be exonerated. Clearly, passing a blood test for a steroid that's mainly detected via urine test is proof of innocence, and not Malki Kawa's PR machine firing up to bias public opinion.

mewse
May 2, 2006

red19fire posted:

Guys, we can rest easy knowing that Jones will be exonerated. Clearly, passing a blood test for a steroid that's mainly detected via urine test is proof of innocence, and not Malki Kawa's PR machine firing up to bias public opinion.

Lol buried in the article

quote:

Notably, blood screenings do not test for Turinabol.

What a surprise the blood test did not detect a substance that was not tested for!!!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mewse posted:

i can tell you what happened. he took turinabol and then tested positive for it. it has a very short half life for a steroid which is why it can go undetected out of competition

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Everyone, please say sorry to Jon Jones.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Seems to be September now.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Trying to shut down the impending truth of Jon Jones innocence? Not unexpected from this forum, but still disappointing.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Please close the thread, it hasn't been August for a while now

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Jon Jones is Innocent

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Gay Horney posted:

Jon Jones is Innocent

Debatable

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
What's the status with that whole thing? Is there some kind of hearing date set so he can have an opportunity to explain that surely this has all been a big misunderstanding?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I made a thing: UFC Sept: Guilty in the Court of Public Opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Thanks, I was going to get another thread up tonight but now I'm just glad that August is over.

• Locked thread