Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Schrödinger's wasp
live and let live
i lust for wasp death
View Results

• Locked thread
Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Wasp: 1
OP's soon to be stung dick: 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
OP, if you start hearing a wasp buzzing at odd hours, but just can't find where it's coming from, I've got bad news.

It's inside you. It's in your skull.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

This pic made me want to get bug spray

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
There have actually been studies performed on bumble bees, with the assumption that many insects share the same traits, showing that they can recognize faces, count to 5, learn skills and experience emotional states. Research is showing that while insect brains are extremely small they are just built at a much smaller scale than ours (neurons crammed together in bees vs spaced out in ours) and that they function on a rather high level. Think about that the next time youre taking a poo and look up to see a spider watching from the corner

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
It is quite likely that someone observed OP's bizarre behavior IRL and freed the wasp once they knew OP was away. Hopefully word of this unstable lunatic is spread throughout the community!

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Gay Weed Dad posted:

It is quite likely that someone observed OP's bizarre behavior IRL and freed the wasp once they knew OP was away. Hopefully word of this unstable lunatic is spread throughout the community!

I choose to believe this. :)

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Just wanted to add that The Killing Jar is an excellent Siouxsie song.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Free Cheese posted:

There have actually been studies performed on bumble bees, with the assumption that many insects share the same traits, showing that they can recognize faces, count to 5, learn skills and experience emotional states. Research is showing that while insect brains are extremely small they are just built at a much smaller scale than ours (neurons crammed together in bees vs spaced out in ours) and that they function on a rather high level. Think about that the next time youre taking a poo and look up to see a spider watching from the corner

Good, that means when I wait for the spider to leave the shower before starting it up it'll remember that and think I'm a cool guy. Nice

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
Is it dead, op?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
ffs I said it had escaped before he even left!? he posted a picture even. op had his heart softened.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Is that thing still alive? He looks scared af. :smith:

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

[quote="“ClamdestineBoyster”" post="“476772664”"]
Is that thing still alive? He looks scared af. :smith:
[/quote]

It was so beautiful. As a kid I would have caught it and put it in a jar. At age 50 I just enjoyed its beauty.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The only bugs I ever kill are ants (which I feel bad about) and flies (which I don't feel bad about because Stone Cold said so)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfWMePlufLE

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

OP, if you start hearing a wasp buzzing at odd hours, but just can't find where it's coming from, I've got bad news.

It's inside you. It's in your skull.

Opp has rabies. The buzzing will make him more and more irritable until it's too late

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Dude if the neighbors realize you have rabies it's gonna be a bad time, you better watch out

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Piggy Smalls posted:

It was so beautiful. As a kid I would have caught it and put it in a jar. At age 50 I just enjoyed its beauty.

Yeah little bugger look leathery, like soft to pet or whatever.

f_c_
Oct 27, 2007

Your supposed to make a little factory that allows the wasp to choose from a variety of deaths, you can use this factory to make predictions or important life decisions

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

f_c_ posted:

Your supposed to make a little factory

Yeah give the wasps employment and they might become more chill.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Grevling posted:

Yeah give the wasps employment and they might become more chill.

http://www.theonion.com/article/ant-farm-teaches-children-about-toil-death-334

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
"One who cannot love her smallest creations, cannot claim to stand before Nature."

- Takashi Amano

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts

f_c_ posted:

Your supposed to make a little factory that allows the wasp to choose from a variety of deaths, you can use this factory to make predictions or important life decisions

for some completely different Iain Banks lit, you should read the Culture books, if you havent already. They are :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

wasps can suck my dick!

figuratively!!!

• Locked thread