Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Malleum posted:

and who comes flying in from stage left, right on cue lol

It's amazing the these idiots don't realize that the GOP IS Trump/white nationalism/fascism. You can't be loving be bipartisan without passing poo poo Trump wants.

Edit: Mitch McConnell literally hosed Obama over in public over a milquetoast SCOTUS nomination and they want to turn around and give each other handjobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

:lol: ya you are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkwYkEpRLRQ

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1060025519956287493

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pelosi absolutely needs to be removed from leadership she is beyond dangerous and absolutely incompetent in that role.

But AOC made it without being ratfucked which makes me really happy :)

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
So the Republicans were able to spin up a big turnout push in the last months of the election and largely blunted public reaction to Trump.

I see nothing to suggest 2020 isn't going to be anything but an easy Trump win.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
https://twitter.com/sunraysunray/status/1060029226915692545

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Nothus posted:

So the Republicans were able to spin up a big turnout push in the last months of the election and largely blunted public reaction to Trump.

assuming bernie isn't the dem nominee of course

if bernie is the dem nominee, trump will be crushed

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Can someone give us non-US goons an overview of the election?

All I can tell is democrats got house and republicans got senate, but I'm not sure what that means except more republicockblocking of sensible policies. Or am I way off?

What concrete gains have been made to stop republican sabotage of the civic insitutitions, if any?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tias posted:

Can someone give us non-US goons an overview of the election?

All I can tell is democrats got house and republicans got senate, but I'm not sure what that means except more republicockblocking of sensible policies. Or am I way off?

democratic control of the house halts legislation but not confirmations (for supreme court, cabinet, etc etc)

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Theoretically Dem control of the house means that they can use the same broken committee rules that Republicans put in place to gently caress with Obama against Trump by unilaterally machine gunning subpoenas against everyone balls deep in the bullshit.

If Pelosi keeps up her third way centrist triangulating bipartisan reaching across the aisle to compromise with Nazis and find the truth in the middle of decorum by not kicking them in the balls now that they finally have a single leg then welp. Being the corporate whores they are I imagine when the calls for austerity to cripple yet another country in the name of capitalist greed come because of all this mysterious debt we have all of a sudden they'll fall in line.

Ya know, so they have nothing to stand on and nothing to offer voters when the next fascist demagogue comes around without crippling dementia and narcissism.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Party Plane Jones posted:

democratic control of the house halts legislation but not confirmations (for supreme court, cabinet, etc etc)

Yeah, I'll believe that one when I see it.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Cerebral Bore posted:

Yeah, I'll believe that one when I see it.

wasn't pelosi jabbering on about bipartisanship immediately after the election results?

mackensie
Apr 17, 2002

Condiv posted:

assuming bernie isn't the dem nominee of course

if bernie is the dem nominee, trump will be crushed
How is that even possible? Bernie can't win nationwide and it's just that attitude trump will be crushed that screws democrats every loving time.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Nothus posted:

The media colluded with them (unwittingly or not) to help by driving up the fear of a bunch of refugees a country away that after today they will mysteriously not care about anymore while trying to figure out the most obscure thing they could tie to Democrats to make the synagague shooting a both sides issue . If the Democrats plan on winning in 2020 they need to see most of the press as the enemy and plan accordingly. The New York Times is going to be pushing Trump very hard in 2020 while being just careful enough to make it not an official endorsement.

Also actually running on popular stuff would be good too but they don't want to do that.

mackensie posted:

How is that even possible? Bernie can't win nationwide and it's just that attitude trump will be crushed that screws democrats every loving time.

Bernie is probably the most popular politician in the country, if he can't win nationwide no Democrat can.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mackensie posted:

he can

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Do the Democrats have a potential candidate who doesn’t qualify for Medicare?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

mackensie posted:

Bernie has an actual platform he runs on instead of flailing appeals towards being Republican lite with *slightly* less racism

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

mackensie posted:

Bernie can't win nationwide

Citation needed

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Bernie is out there getting actual poo poo done without passing a single bill and you telling me that he can't win nationwide? People love Bernie because he's actually for poo poo that will positively affect people and not just for returning to the old status quo.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pretty much every other Democratic hopeful is wasting time doing nothing in the Senate except worthless Kabuki theater, having a two year meltdown because it turns out she was more unelectable than Trump, or saying how cool Republicans are.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The GOP is going to take another run at Medicare and Medicaid cuts next year and the Democratic party's test will be to make sure nobody caves.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Condiv posted:

wasn't pelosi jabbering on about bipartisanship immediately after the election results?

Who gives a poo poo when she doesn’t control any committees?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Nothus posted:

The GOP is going to take another run at Medicare and Medicaid cuts next year and the Democratic party's test will be to make sure nobody caves.

I wonder if spineless Dems would fight or cave...hmmm

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nothus posted:

They will have to cave so they can please the Republican moderates they want to capture in 2020.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

sleep with the vicious posted:

I wonder if spineless Dems would fight or cave...hmmm

Yes, all those new Dems elected to the house are totally going to cave just on your say so. That totally makes sense. Every Democrat is the same and is there for the same reason.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Most of the old ones have been caving for decades now, so I dunno how the new ones are relevant here.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Now's the perfect time for the right to unify behind pro-child molester leadership once again

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1060175756117061638

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm loving this hot take of "well we all knew Florida would be disappointing" loving bullshit when half the thread toxxed on Gillum winning.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I was super owned by polls and blind optimism but I did notice something similar to 2016 in that nobody had gillum yardsigns up like nobody had hillary signs up so shrug

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Phi230 posted:

I was super owned by polls and blind optimism but I did notice something similar to 2016 in that nobody had gillum yardsigns up like nobody had hillary signs up so shrug

It's more the desperate attempt to spin this as super positive despite it being obvious that the Dems underperformed expectations that pisses me off, and the getting really mad at anyone who dares to not show sufficient excitement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Good morning USPOL Thunderdome.

As of now, this thread no longer serves its intended purpose, as USPOL Winter will now be general chat for American politics.

It has served thee well, and shall now retire in peace.

Good night sweet prince.

• Locked thread