Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Plica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
War's Unwomaly Face

An adaption of the book The Unwomanly Face of War by Nobel laureate Svetlana Alexiyevich, featuring a collection of anecdotes from women who fought on the front lines in the Soviet army during WW2.

Quite good, very raw. Expect to cry.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
War's unwomanly face is really good. That period chapter makes me cringe.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Nice. Last year I gave up hope that anyone would scan or translate past the 2nd chapter of The Unwomanly Face of War. I'm glad to see I was wrong to give up hope.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Skull Dragon's Precious Daughter

En Family Mook
Apr 29, 2017

From Eniale & Dewiela which was recently released and as far as I can tell not scanlated anywhere.

A comic about Angel and Demon shenanigans

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Is that by the same author as Dungeon Meshi? The artstyle looks extremely familiar.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's the Witch Hat author

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Did Witch Hat finish? Her art seems too detailed to have two ongoing series (I mean that didn't stop Miura but that's why we hardly get any Berserk...)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ccs posted:

Did Witch Hat finish? Her art seems too detailed to have two ongoing series (I mean that didn't stop Miura but that's why we hardly get any Berserk...)

it's a 3 vol series that's already complete from before Witch Hat, just getting licensed off the back of Witch Hat being so successful

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my dress-up darling

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
GGWP

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Blue Period

A manga about art students that's surprisingly intense!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

FewtureMD posted:

Blue Period

A manga about art students that's surprisingly intense!

I need to read more of this. I really loved the first couple chapters, then forgot about it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

I need to read more of this. I really loved the first couple chapters, then forgot about it.

It's pretty incredible, I cried at multiple points.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
horimiya

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 2, 2021

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lad dont forget to post name of mang

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yep, forgot, thanks

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Yajin Tensei

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

It's fun to take almost any page from Shadows House out of context if the viewer doesn't know about the premise. It's such a cool and strong aesthetic even in what amounts to mundane and banal discussion. Actually, i think it even works best on pages where characters just like, talk to each other, instead of any "action" pages.

edit: tho i have to say, it can also do well with few words

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 29, 2023

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

A good recommendation

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Shadow's house is really fun. For the hundredth time, I've started reading a manga I saw mentioned on ADTRW in a day and now I'm depressed because there's no more of it yet.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together
Because it spooky season, I have decided to resurrect this thread.

Kodama Maria Bungaku Shūsei explores how the power of literature (girls) can stir emotions, impart wisdom and radically change one's perceptions.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Satoko to Nada
A Japanese girl and a Saudi Arabian girl room together at college in America. Educational and adorable.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

I love this kind of weird philosophical exploration. Thanks for the rec.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
unfortunately, the penny theater scanlator is only uploading their new chapters of kodama maria (and one of my other favs, sora ni mairu) to their discord as zip files