Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

DogonCrook posted:

Yall acting like he didnt make a greiving widow the center peice of his state of the union lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

jazzyhattrick posted:

How does somebody even listen into a call involving the president of the united states? Was she with the family when the call came through.

Trump is a terrible president, but just listening into that call is a massively lovely thing to do, let alone making the contents of that call public.

She was in a car with the widow and heard the call on speaker phone. The soldier’s mother also confirmed what happened.

She didn’t listen in on a wiretap.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
It's kind of sad to end what everyone says is such an honorable career as a retard masturbator.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

do u know jenny posted:

He was going to say "blah people"

If Bernie had won our next president would have been Rick Santorum

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

gently caress the ROW posted:

"The long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise"

Too true. And what barrel could be emptier than 5-time draft dodger Donald J. Trump?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, Kelly is a real piece of poo poo. If she was in the car and they were listening over the speakers, is the senator supposed to just dive out of the moving car? Pull over park and just walk away? Instead of continuing to politicize this, Kelly should have just apologized for everyone involved.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Chomp8645 posted:

Uh... how about paying them $25,000????

Honky Dong Country posted:

Just pay out whatever benefits their deceased loved one is entitled to and leave them in peace.

It's been like a decade since I was enlisted so I can't remember the exact benefits that a serviceman that was killed in action's family is entitled to but basically that's exactly what I was saying hth. Give them whatever the gently caress they're owed and leave them the hell alone.

My entire argument is that judging from what Kelly himself has said I don't think he told the President "Hey don't do this you'll just gently caress it up" and was instead giving honest advice as a man who lost a son in combat that a President can't possibly help the bereaved family's situation by calling and offering bullshit detached condolences.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Oct 20, 2017

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*Trump, as he sits at his desk in the oval office* i'm sorry your husband died, lady

*kelly anne makes a frowny face, john kelly shakes his head*

bigly, your guy was bigly, strong

*frowny face gets frownier*

ill give you 2 free hats with the purchase of the art of the deal

*john kelly wishes he was anywhere else, ever, dead even*

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
A great speech, bigly

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Lol at the fact that Kelly said that Obama didn’t do something and expected Trump to not do it as well

He could have said Obama’s also never jacked him off after his son died and gotten a (tiny) hand beezy out of it

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Philthy posted:

Wow, Kelly is a real piece of poo poo. If she was in the car and they were listening over the speakers, is the senator supposed to just dive out of the moving car? Pull over park and just walk away? Instead of continuing to politicize this, Kelly should have just apologized for everyone involved.

I assume they coordinate the timing of the call beforehand. The prez ain't callin your voicemail bitch

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Senor Dog posted:

I assume they coordinate the timing of the call beforehand. The prez ain't callin your voicemail bitch

Please record your message after the tone. When you have finished recording you may hang up and try again later. "hi uhhh this is the presi- the president of the United States, I wanted to uh get ahold of you about your husband, I heard he's not doing too good. Well uh anyways gimme a call back when you get this. Thanks."

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Peace de Bundy posted:

*Trump, as he sits at his desk in the oval office* i'm sorry your husband died, lady

lol

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The president could have told that war widow to ride his fat hog and then laughed at her. The REAL offense here is that the black woman with the cowboy hat overheard this sacred conversation. --a reasonable take a goon has.

You loving morons.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Please record your message after the tone. When you have finished recording you may hang up and try again later. "hi uhhh this is the presi- the president of the United States, I wanted to uh get ahold of you about your husband, I heard he's not doing too good. Well uh anyways gimme a call back when you get this. Thanks."

lmao

this article goes into the calls/money stuff. some got nice calls too!

quote:

“He was very cordial and very nice,” Lee said, of the call, which he said lasted about five or six minutes.

Lee said the president spoke to them about “how impressive my brother was, how he had read the reports, reading everything about Weston, and he could tell how amazing he was. And talking to us, he could tell how strong we were and how strong he must have been. We were all pretty devastated.

quote:

The family of Sgt. Cameron H. Thomas, a 23-year-old Army Ranger killed April 27 in a raid on the Islamic State in Afghanistan, met with Vice President Pence at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware as the soldier’s casket arrived from overseas. They had a 20-minute call with Trump about two weeks later, said Thomas’s father, Andre.

“He gave his condolences and made some comments how different his paperwork was when it went across his desk,” the father said in a phone interview. “Said most of the paperwork he sees in these types of death says, ‘He’s respected by his peers.’ He said Cameron’s stuck out because it said he was respected and loved by his peers.”

Thomas said he spoke at length about his son’s love for the Army and his determination to become a Ranger, a distinction he earned at age 19. About midway through the phone call, Thomas said he told Trump that he had voted for him, and “that got him on another tangent” that extended the conversation for about 10 minutes.”

The president then spoke about his work in office and “the strides that he’s made in the short time he’d been president,” Thomas said.

Thomas said the family was touched by the phone call. The father of a Mormon family with 12 children, seven of them adopted, Thomas said he was concerned about the attention that his son’s death could bring. But talking to the president helped him put things in perspective and realize that his son “belonged to the country.”

it does seem something that trump would be good at with his speaking style

but you know, the guy whos name trump forgot was black and those other two werent so

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Big Beef City posted:

The president could have told that war widow to ride his fat hog and then laughed at her. The REAL offense here is that the black woman with the cowboy hat overheard this sacred conversation. --a reasonable take a goon has.

You loving morons.

imo she should take the Kaepernick knee in the middle of a congressional fracas while wearing a giant sombrero

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Why didn't he mention the Goldstar family agreeing with Mrs. Wilson? Oh right, because it proves Trump is lying.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
yeeeehaw I'm the cowboy senator, I'm gonna lasso ol' Small Hands Trump and corral him down to the sheriff for a big bounty

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Harald posted:

sounds like some... General Bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Peace de Bundy posted:

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Lmao

• Locked thread