Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Primary link: https://www.nbcnews.com/video/watch-gen-john-kelly-s-full-white-house-remarks-1077096003981

quote:

Chief of Staff General John Kelly speaks at the White House briefing, addressing the controversy over President Trump’s condolence call to Sgt. Johnson’s widow.

Backup youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1NAvc7csGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
He was going to say "blah people"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
can i get a freaking time stamp OP

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Excellent quotes just from this interview (which btw I thought was great):

"Anyways, they got into a gunfight, and they were killed"

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

can i get a freaking time stamp OP

Watch the whole thing, philistine! He's extremely real and I'm loving it :)

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
sounds like some... General Bullshit

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
somenoe have a transcript no sound at work

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

somenoe have a transcript no sound at work

"When the casualty rates are very very high, the presidents do not call. But they do all write."

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

God drat I hate when politicians use the lives of the people they send off to die as a shield for political gaffes.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"He knew what he was getting himself into, because he enlisted. There's no reason to enlist. He was where he wanted to be."

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

1redflag posted:

God drat I hate when politicians use the lives of the people they send off to die as a shield for political gaffes.

I believe Gen. John Kelly addresses that in the video, you should watch it :)

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Cute speech but not buying any of it

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Stopped listening at women are sacred. Religion is sacred! Keep us out yr mouth nwo hoe

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Gen. John Kelly posted:

"A lot of things were sacred in our country. Women were sacred. And were looked upon with great honor. That's obviously not the case, as we see in recent cases."

Nice

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
*After national anthem*

now to perform the ceremonial sacred pussy grab --

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

gently caress the ROW posted:

I believe Gen. John Kelly addresses that in the video, you should watch it :)

Not only does he address it, he gives a real-world demonstration of how to do it.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

After watching that whole thing I kinda wish he were president.

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther

Have Blue
Mar 27, 2013

Panther Like a Panther
F

bartlett
Dec 13, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The guy gave a real answer to a truly stupid stunt by that democrat congress woman. Her follow up to the controversy was apparently "I'm a rock star now"....this is what our country has come to...this is how far we have fallen as a people. Honestly, maybe the nwo already won and this is what it looks like?

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"There is nothing in this country anymore, to suggest that self-sacrifice for the nation, is not only appropriate, but required. But that's alright."

:classylassy:

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

After watching that whole thing I kinda wish he were president.

I kinda wish anyone other than Trump was president except maybe Ted Cruz.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"If he didn't get along with his parents, he'd select a sibling"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

lol do you think Kelly remembers when he actually had pride and integrity? Good thing he hitched his wagon to the Trump Train!!!!!!!!

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

haljordan posted:

lol do you think Kelly remembers when he actually had pride and integrity? Good thing he hitched his wagon to the Trump Train!!!!!!!!

In the emotional speech I linked, he displays pretty good pride and integrity... "He knew what he was getting into, joining that 1%. He knew that we were at war."

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

:trumppop:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"Life, the dignity of life, is sacred -- that's gone."

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

bartlett posted:

The guy gave a real answer to a truly stupid stunt by that democrat congress woman. Her follow up to the controversy was apparently "I'm a rock star now"....this is what our country has come to...this is how far we have fallen as a people. Honestly, maybe the nwo already won and this is what it looks like?

That congresswoman looks goofy as gently caress.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"Some of the children there, they were 3 or 4 years old when their dads were killed"

"The long tradition of empty barrels making the most noise"

feller
Jul 5, 2006

"Life, the dignity of life, is sacred -- that's gone."

life was never sacred god what a dumbass

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:five: :yarg: :vince: :gary: :five:

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
"I will take a question or two, related to this topic *reporters start screaming* But first, who here, is a gold star member, or who's parents are?

*** crickets ***

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Reporter 1: "Thank you for your serv-"
Gen. John Kelly: "No don't *shakes* don't"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

In the emotional speech I linked, he displays pretty good pride and integrity... "He knew what he was getting into, joining that 1%. He knew that we were at war."

He's playing babysitter for an infant who can launch nuclear missiles. He also talked about how "Gold Star families and women used to be sacred" as if Trump hasn't insulted both of those groups MULTIPLE times.

Hell, Kelly tried to convince Trump not to make any calls at all because he knew Trump would gently caress it up royally. He also didn't seem too bothered by Trump completely lying about what the conversation consisted of.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

haljordan posted:

He's playing babysitter for an infant who can launch nuclear missiles. He also talked about how "Gold Star families and women used to be sacred" as if Trump hasn't insulted both of those groups MULTIPLE times.

Hell, Kelly tried to convince Trump not to make any calls at all because he knew Trump would gently caress it up royally. He also didn't seem too bothered by Trump completely lying about what the conversation consisted of.

Oh I forgot you posted this --- do you think you can block my style? You clearly didn't watch the video because you are factually wrong when you say:

quote:

Bullshit! Sad! Get your facts right!

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
sensibly chuckling at the audacity of making a thread about a video and thinking that even some of people replying would have watched it. who do you think you are, nobody ever? because that's who could make that happen

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Oh I forgot you posted this --- do you think you can block my style? You clearly didn't watch the video because you are factually wrong when you say:

Bullshit! Sad! Get your facts right!

quote:

Kelly, who had gone to great lengths to avoid injecting his personal story into political debates, did not reveal Thursday how he felt about Trump’s invoking his son. He confirmed that there had been no call from Obama but also said he did not fault the former president for not making one. In fact, Kelly said, he had advised Trump not to call the loved ones of dead soldiers.

“I said to him, ‘Sir, there’s nothing you can do to lighten the burden on these families,’ ” Kelly said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...omepage%2Fstory

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Who cares I probably say gently caress 40 times a day or more

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

To be fair that's not the same as thinking the President will gently caress it up. Kelly's right though imo, there's nothing you can do to comfort those families when you're the President. It's my opinion that Presidents in general have no business calling these people. Just pay out whatever benefits their deceased loved one is entitled to and leave them in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

• Locked thread