Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

angryrobots posted:

Lmao, that's the moisture trapped in tiny pockets boiling, and the steam looking for an exit until enough pressure builds to create one.
Yes, I know that now. Good thing I wear glasses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So today a customer came in with his wikkid sikk 09 cadillac srx and decided he needed more airflow into his super badass 3.6L v6 motor for when he goes street racing corvettes (that he totally beats). One our counter people tried finding a premade cold air intake setup for him, but of course, none exists because its a loving v6 srx. So instead the counter person sold him some bits to stick a cone filter on and called it good enough. Except it wasn't, this fine gentleman wanted it installed too. We don't do that so we found him a mobile mechanic willing to rig something up. It got slapped in, it made wooshy noises and dude was happy.

Until he came back an hour later with it running like absolute poo poo. We check the codes and its kicking a couple codes for idle rpms and mass air flow circuit range. I go out and have a look, expecting a cracked housing on the maf, it to be unplugged, a missing vacuum hose or some other fuckery. Nope, theres an air flow indicator on the maf housing and its pointing... at the filter. The dingus of a mechanic apparently stuck it in backwards. It took me 10 minutes to fix and install everything correctly. Customer still pleased with the wooshy noises.

These are the high quality of human beings I deal with on a daily basis. :smithicide:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

epic bird guy posted:

They're dead to me until they bring back Battlefleet Gothic.

Holding out for Gorkamorka myself.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Liquid Communism posted:

Holding out for Gorkamorka myself.

You might want to see a doctor for that :haw:

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Over Christmas I went up to the hometown and got rid of my 2001 Saab 9-5 wagon and replaced it with a 2004 Saab 9-5 wagon. With 85,000 miles. Its also the Arc trim which means extra comfy and the same Mitsubishi TD04 turbo that the Aero gets but with a less aggressive tune. I love it and I might post pics soon but its absolutely covered in road salt.

It needs a new battery and new tires but it came with an additional set of 4 alloy wheels so I can use summers and winters much more easily.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Sitting at the gate for a very long flight is a great time to discover you have a kidney stone blocking your tubes.

And with hindsight, chugging 2 bottles of water before the security check may have been a mistake.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
It's 11:17Pm here. Broke as gently caress as usual(didn't spend all my money on cars this time, most went as presents to my kid), and as normal, staying home drinking home made booze. Music for tonight is swordfishtrombones, mainly because of town with no cheer, down, down, down and gin soaked boy.
also gently caress 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where's the new goddamned thread?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3845130

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Fo3 posted:

Music for tonight is swordfishtrombones, mainly because of town with no cheer, down, down, down and gin soaked boy.
also gently caress 2017

Tom Waits is never a bad way to spend time.

As we end 2017, a very weird and bad year, has anyone heard from the OP of this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Seminal Flu posted:

As we end 2017, a very weird and bad year, has anyone heard from the OP of this thread?

I think he's left AI, not even a member of the facebook group anymore.

• Locked thread