Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

Ford the geopolitical river!

Jeb! has died of dysentery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

corn in the bible posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot to say this is an edutainment game. It's for schools to teach political science

This is sensible.

I can’t tell if this game is a lazy software development project by insane developers or an accurate representation of America’s future history.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Cathode Raymond posted:

This is sensible.

I can’t tell if this game is a lazy software development project by insane developers or an accurate representation of America’s future history.

¿Por qué no los dos?

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
Nothing but respect for MY President

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

really queer Christmas posted:

Lmao, the education our kids need, not what they deserve.

Is...is that a Cold War mod for viccy2? :stonk:

IT SURE IS BRO

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Weird how I can't press a giant Death to all Nazis! button in real life, I feel like that might come in use someday

Mightypeon
Oct 10, 2013

Putin apologist- assume all uncited claims are from Russia Today or directly from FSB.

key phrases: Poor plucky little Russia, Spheres of influence, The West is Worse, they was asking for it.
I wish to point your attention towards the fact that Belarus was apparently at war with Latvia, Russia, and the United States.
It then proceeded to, apparanently, succesfully perform an amphibious invasion against the USA.

I wish to remind you all of the fact that Belarus is a landlocked country and does not possess a navy.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

USA 1946, currently researching "Oil Well"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

HannibalBarca posted:

USA 1946, currently researching "Oil Well"

yes.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Can I get a link to this mod? I don't care how broken it is as a whole, I have a pathological need to click the Death to all Nazis! button.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Great Odin’s raven, there was a world banking system here the whole time, right under our noses, only our top men were unable to see it due to their hubris!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Crazycryodude posted:

Can I get a link to this mod? I don't care how broken it is as a whole, I have a pathological need to click the Death to all Nazis! button.

It is here: http://simsulla.org

But apparently someone else has been expanding it and adding more cold war events and stuff (as seen here http://www.moddb.com/mods/victoria-2-cold-war-enhancement-mod ), so I'm gonna check that out. Maybe if it's good (or funny) I can do a thread on it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I mean, at least they picked the proper game for it. Rather than all the people who try to shove Cold War/modern era mods down hoi4s throat.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mightypeon posted:

I wish to point your attention towards the fact that Belarus was apparently at war with Latvia, Russia, and the United States.
It then proceeded to, apparanently, succesfully perform an amphibious invasion against the USA.

I wish to remind you all of the fact that Belarus is a landlocked country and does not possess a navy.

:laffo: it's the punchline that gets me.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

But clearly that decision should massivly increase the militancy of fascist pops!

Thanks for the good LP, corn; would love to see more wacky geopolitics.

A Perfect Twist
Aug 15, 2007

"What have I done? I'll have to start again. To forget and to disappear. I'll head north, far-north, to that big question mark, the Northern Territory"
So, the Satanists never showed up? What a tease.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
This is the best LP I've read this year. Best LP I've ever read that concluded in 3 pages.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

you'd just be assigned a new wife somehow.

This is, in fact, what happens when you appoint your wife to a ministerial post.

Yes, you can do that. Yes, you just get a randomized new wife. Who you can then appoint to a different cabinet post.

You can fill your cabinet up with wives.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Aesculus posted:

This is, in fact, what happens when you appoint your wife to a ministerial post.

Yes, you can do that. Yes, you just get a randomized new wife. Who you can then appoint to a different cabinet post.

You can fill your cabinet up with wives.

Dear god, there are so many jokes you can make about that, but where do you even begin?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Eastbound Spider posted:

I don't think politics work like that

*looks at our clown president*

Nope, looks pretty dang accurate

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I only regret that I have but one clap to give for my President. :911:

Almanac
Mar 16, 2008

OLD SCHOOL
Restart with this game's version of Bernie Sanders and try to play it straight.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
He already played it straight with JEB! though.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

That Victoria II Cold War mod is kinda disappointing, most glaringly because nothing you do actually matters - the USSR is scripted to fall apart no matter what in 1991, even if you're the undisputed #1 power with 70% of the planet sphered, low militancy, and 5/8 Great Powers also communist.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Crazycryodude posted:

That Victoria II Cold War mod is kinda disappointing, most glaringly because nothing you do actually matters - the USSR is scripted to fall apart no matter what in 1991, even if you're the undisputed #1 power with 70% of the planet sphered, low militancy, and 5/8 Great Powers also communist.

There's one path you can take that stops it, I think the vaguely reformist path? I forget exactly.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I clapped and learned lots. THANKS JEB!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

I clapped and learned lots. THANKS JEB!

Thank you for bumping this thread and reminding me to :five:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Dr. Snark posted:

Dear god, there are so many jokes you can make about that, but where do you even begin?

Who What Now posted:

*looks at our clown president*

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
All must clap for Jeb!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mega64 posted:

JEB!’s a mess.

JEB! was a big fat mistake.

This LP however wasn’t. :golfclap:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Aesculus posted:

This except taking power completely illegally as a violent group.

There'll probably be some ridiculous bug where you can just control a radio station and instantly get everyone in the entire country to rise up or something.

I know it was a month ago but I'd just like to point out that this is actually impossible because the developers took every country's reported data literally so dictators all have 100% popularity. I once caused a democratic revolution in Cuba and Castro fairly won reelection by like 90% of the vote

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
God bless you, corn in the bible, and your habit of playing kusoge that brought us to this point.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

God bless you, corn in the bible, and your habit of playing kusoge that brought us to this point.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Wow, this is an amazing game. Really special. Thanks for sharing. Does it in anyway allow you to start ww3?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Crowsbeak posted:

Wow, this is an amazing game. Really special. Thanks for sharing. Does it in anyway allow you to start ww3?

You can go to war with whoever you want, more or less, so that is indeed an option. However, the military is a pain in the rear end to actually control so it's best not to

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

the military is a pain in the rear end to actually control
So just like everything else in the game?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

The LP is not back but I am trying to get it archived; as such I don't want it to vanish into the archives until that's possible. The images being all different sizes may prevent this entirely! It's sad! I've got to manually crop them and stuff and it's a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

The LP is not back but I am trying to get it archived; as such I don't want it to vanish into the archives until that's possible. The images being all different sizes may prevent this entirely! It's sad! I've got to manually crop them and stuff and it's a pain.

You should bring it back!

• Locked thread