Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gazpacho posted:

his one act play "ship of fools" is underappreciated as a guide to his mindset. he inserts himself into the story as a cabin boy who's obviously smarter than everyone else because he wants the ship to "turn around" while the fools on board quibble about social relations. there's no mention of what destination he proposes to reach by turning around, that's just an end in itself, justified by the fact that is not "onward." Ultimately it doesn't matter; what matters in the story is Ted and his "courage" in taking on the fools

Also in that story the whole LGBTQ community is portrayed as a guy who wants the right to, as he puts it, suck cocks.

So yeah, a pretty cool and normal dude all around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

see this only further justifies my solid snake thesis and im this close to getting my doctor8

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Also in that story the whole LGBTQ community is portrayed as a guy who wants the right to, as he puts it, suck cocks.

So yeah, a pretty cool and normal dude all around.

apparently ted predicted gbs

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ-Upb4Szms

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LGD posted:

he signed up to be a participant in a psychological experiment at Harvard in the early 1960's, that was definitely not a good decision

In his defense, he didn't know it was part of MK-ULTRA.

And not like, the fun part of MK-ULTRA where they'd just randomly give you free LSD

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if they had given the unibomber lsd he'd probably be eternal leader of the American Ecotopian Anarchist Empire right now

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
I actually rather enjoyed a lot of Kaczynski's writings. I'm probably on a watch list now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He wasn't very good at making bombs all things considered

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

He wasn't very good at making bombs all things considered

how come?

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

God drat it all of you talking about him being MKUltrad...they asked him to list the things he liked and then they made fun of those things and called him a sissy! That’s it!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

God drat it all of you talking about him being water boarded ...they asked him to answer some questions and then they poured a bottle of water on him and called him a sissy! That’s it!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ftfy all you want they didn’t water board the fellow

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

God drat it all of you talking about him being MKUltrad...they asked him to list the things he liked and then they made fun of those things and called him a sissy! That’s it!
so he experienced a kind of proto-internet

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Yeah or Scientology (insert x cult really) programming as popularly depicted as sitting directly across from someone as they flame you with the poo poo you put in your introduction forms

You ever read the experiment design? It’s akin to positing something hou actually believe in here and reading the replies. Gay but not the most compelling supervillian origin story.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

I’m not saying this kind of thing can’t gently caress you up.
I am saying it’s not as bad as waterboarding.
I am saying Ted is no Strain_All_Urine girl.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

ftfy all you want they didn’t water board the fellow

not what i said

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Wheeee posted:

not what i said

i don’t know what you mean when you said what you did as me

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

y'all done undersold it

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

rudatron posted:

so he experienced a kind of proto-internet
he was a hovel-dwelling self-important philosopher nerd before it was a thing, yeah

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
So if Ted Kaczynski's response to being hell dumped was go off the grid and send bombs to the people he thought were responsible for it, what did he do wrong?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
FBI Profiler noting that his psychology Phd is pulsating like the triforce: Hm. A timber industry lobbyist, killed by a wooden bomb. Im gonna say uhhhhhh.... this is uhh...... not...? a coincidence? Its likely that the suspect has an affinity with wood, or a pile of wood. Hey may have access to trees.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
why did netflix make some show about him getting caught when it was entirely because his manifesto got published and his brother recognised the way he talks

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
FBI Special Agent (bomb safety captain): I went to Harvard to study crimainal minds in the lab. wooden man killled by wooden bomb... Wooden man. wooden.... BOMB! Okay, thats TOO hosed up... This is the classic behavior of a Type 'D' "ironic" sense of humor.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

why did netflix make some show about him getting caught when it was entirely because his manifesto got published and his brother recognised the way he talks

Netflix makes shows about anything. They are the patron saint of film schools.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Jose posted:

Kill 3 people and your manifesto gets treated like you're insane. Kill a million people though

so that's why Pol Pot is so fondly remembered.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

PRetend you are a netflix exec, looking for the next binge watch show... youre rich and powerful and your #1 nightmare is a bomb ending the party early:

Imagine white osama bin laden with young sheldon IQ in a hoody + sunglasses. And iamgine if the joker (Batman: Dark Knight) had his mind hosed up by MKULTRA, CIA so bad he forgets his sense of humor and he just moves into a isolated shed.... yeah. Hes out there all day in a weird shed, cooking up bombs out of nothing but wood, tree sap, nails, bomb chemicals, etc. like the hero (villain?) of breaking bad. And he uses a special math theorem, to turn the post office and mail system, into his own personal US air force. And he puts the hoody of his hood up so its too hard to recognize him when he goes to mail his bombs.

The FBI could not catch him.... and this was the real FBI (silence of the lambds FBI) from the 90s not the millenium FBI (9/11/2001 FBI)... This isn't the type of hosed up nick toons they were showing back then, it was real. Mad Men in the 90s. House of CArds with a beard in a shed. Batman and robin are fake poo poo for movies, like hannibal lecter and criminal psychology... the FBI is about to learn that timothy mcveigh's bomb may as well be the 1993 world trade center bomb, compared to the "9/11 of serial bombers".... UNBABOMBER

I am hoping to be doing that as my real job one day (coming up with web shows and other creative ideas), which is why this post is tighter than normal.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Ted was a crazy person but also a super boring writer? Good choice OP

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
That cs professor (gelernter) who lost an arm to one of his bombs now substantially shares his critiques of left politics, though he likely isn't aware of it

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

My god if he projected any harder he'd be a Zeiss. Also reminder that:

quote:

In 1980, chief agent John Douglas, working with agents in the FBI's Behavioral Sciences Unit, issued a psychological profile of the unidentified bomber. It described the offender as a man with above-average intelligence and connections to academia. This profile was later refined to characterize the offender as a neo-Luddite holding an academic degree in the hard sciences, but this psychologically based profile was discarded in 1983. An alternative theory was developed by FBI analysts that concentrated on the physical evidence in recovered bomb fragments. In this rival profile, the suspect was characterized as a blue-collar airplane mechanic

How isn't it immediately obvious to anyone that this was written by a STEM academic. How could there be any doubt with sentences like "Many leftists are not such rebels as they seem" e: or with the constant relying on "common sense" answers to "soft sciences" questions rather than a shred of reference to any academic work

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Jan 29, 2018

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I'm sorry but this is unreadable drivel and the guy's brilliance was seriously oversold. I'm sure it was novel back then but tell me you haven't read a hundred rants just like this, sometimes word for word, on random nerd hobby forums

There isn't a single citation for the many bold claims he makes [in fields in which he has zero qualifications], he's just a random shitposter like any of us idiots. His bomb mailing campaign really was just a call for mainstream attention

[SOURCE] for my bold claims: takes one to know one

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 23:54 on Jan 29, 2018

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Typo posted:

remember he's a literal autist

He's literally 80s Damore

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

quote:

204. Revolutionaries should have as many children as they can. There is strong scientific evidence that social attitudes are to a significant extent inherited. No one suggests that a social attitude is a direct outcome of a person’s genetic constitution, but it appears that personality traits are partly inherited and that certain personality traits tend, within the context of our society, to make a person more likely to hold this or that social attitude. Objections to these findings have been raised, but the objections are feeble and seem to be ideologically motivated. In any event, no one denies that children tend on the average to hold social attitudes similar to those of their parents. From our point of view it doesn’t matter all that much whether the attitudes are passed on genetically or through childhood training. In either case they ARE passed on.

the aspies shall inherit the earth

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

now theres a hot set of uninhibited 90s white sex devils 4 ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
He confused the Spectacle with technological progress and ended up murdering the very people exploited by the system he hated rather than offering any challenge to the system itself. Basically anprims in general are reactionary failures whose goals would only make life worse.

• Locked thread