Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

RISCy Business posted:

does anyone know of a good self-hosted CA server

can't use let's encrypt because LAN

can you use the dns-01 challenge with lets encrypt? you can make an arbitrary of certs from one computer without a records or port 443 open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sadus
Apr 5, 2004

Jabor posted:

I'm sure people can make up their own mind as to whether that's actually credible, or just a narcissist trying to dodge any consequences for being a horrible person.

There has really been a WikiLeaks grand jury for a while anyway, wanting to show he personally talked leakers into doing illegal stuff

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

fishmech posted:

Julian Assange has now self-imprisoned for over 5.5 years, which is longer than he risked imprisonment for in Sweden based on the average sentences for his charges.

And the conditions he put himself in are manifestly worse than the Nordic prison he'd be in. For instance, he literally has not been outside besides a tiny balcony.

but this way he can claim to be an international fugitive fleeing unfair persecution by a CIA conspiracy, rather than a rapist.

he claims he needed to run because the whole thing was just cooked up to get him in custody so that the US could suddenly reveal secret espionage charges and have him extradited to be locked up forever. but if that doesn't happen, then his reputation goes down the toilet. rather than being an anti-establishment hero fleeing US persecution, he'd just be a rapist creep sitting in a comfy prison cell

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/taviso/status/991426481455710209

everyone can take a breather for now

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
"No worries Tavis, we all solved security for you!"

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

sadus posted:

There has really been a WikiLeaks grand jury for a while anyway, wanting to show he personally talked leakers into doing illegal stuff

good thing for him hes not an american citizen then

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ratbert90 posted:

"No worries Tavis, we all solved security for you!"

We had to kill all the users to do it though.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Main Paineframe posted:

but this way he can claim to be an international fugitive fleeing unfair persecution by a CIA conspiracy, rather than a rapist.

he claims he needed to run because the whole thing was just cooked up to get him in custody so that the US could suddenly reveal secret espionage charges and have him extradited to be locked up forever. but if that doesn't happen, then his reputation goes down the toilet. rather than being an anti-establishment hero fleeing US persecution, he'd just be a rapist creep sitting in a comfy prison cell

Maybe he can be both a creep AND also have a credible fear of being extracted by the US?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bunni-kat posted:

We had to kill all the users to do it though.

I’m ok with this.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

6 years is in fact the outside maximum for the specific degree of rape he stood accused of (2-6 years), and swedish praxis is to parole after two thirds. so he has already passed by the maximum he could have incurred by some margin

yes but he had multiple charges against him, which posed a likelihood that any parole would be delayed

spankmeister posted:

Y'all talking about this like he is in there to avoid going to Swedish jail but we all know that's not his motivation.

that literally is his motivation though.

after being questioned on rape charges, he moves to the UK (where it'd be way easy for the US to grab him), several months go by, sweden finally issues an international warrant, he turns himself in at a local police station where he's held for a week or two.

if there was going to be a point where it'd be really easy for justification he made up later, "secret us kidnapping", then literally showing up at the cop shop in the UK would be perfect for it. or any of the next 2 years he was out on bail, in the uk.

spankmeister posted:

Yeah I personally believe it's the latter but in his mind he's not in there just to beat his swedish rape rap.

that may be what he sincerely believes now after nearly 6 years of being full hikkomori, but there's no way he believed that when he went in.

Volmarias posted:

Maybe he can be both a creep AND also have a credible fear of being extracted by the US?

no, if he feared being "extracted by the us" why the gently caress did he go to the UK, known direct US intelligence partner at the highest level and pretty drat friendly on extraditions of non-citizens. and furthermore, why did he submit to showing up at the british police and getting jailed for a bit before he could get donations to post bail?

like just please stop and think about the differing level of relations between the us and sweden versus the us and the uk

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Perplx posted:

can you use the dns-01 challenge with lets encrypt? you can make an arbitrary of certs from one computer without a records or port 443 open

nah, DNS records are behind the LAN

i have windows server so i can do adcs but i remember it requiring a lot of annoying fuckery to work right

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Volmarias posted:

whoa whoa whoa nobody said anything about him being a bitcoiner

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
as much as i love talking about a famous mens rights activist, this isn't the thread for it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

summer got a lot less exciting, but good for him. dude deserves a break.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Chris Knight posted:

summer got a lot less exciting, but good for him. dude deserves a break.

wonder if he'll be at DEF CON Beijing

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
tavis is about to take the longest shower in human history

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Main Paineframe posted:

Volmarias posted:

i'd like to believe we've changed and this wouldn't happen again, but sweden does kind of have a history with the cia.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2006/11/09/sweden-violated-torture-ban-cia-rendition

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Meat Beat Agent posted:

oh gently caress

oH gently caress

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Volmarias posted:

it is surely impossible to believe that even bad people can be pursued unfairly

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
I got passed some code for security audit, and now the dev is arguing he doesn't need to validate this user input at all (for what should be an all-caps alphanumeric string) because the framework is making sure it's safe. It doesn't matter that this is being passed to things outside the dependency which don't check input at all. I should just sign off on it because, you see, this web framework said it was good input and that means you can drop it to the shell or just put it in a SQL query or do whatever with it.

I just want him to write like 10 lines of code to protect poo poo, but I guess that makes me an insane person.

edit: Dude, if you're reading this then you should know better, and lol

faker edit: I've avoided posting here because I'm afraid other people I work also post here, but gently caress, this is so egregious and I don't give a poo poo anymore. If he wants to raise this with my boss then I'll be very happy to give him a defensive coding lesson.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 2, 2018

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ErIog posted:

I got passed some code for security audit, and now the dev is arguing he doesn't need to validate user input because the framework is validating it for him. It doesn't matter that this is being passed to things outside the dependency which don't check input at all. I should just sign off on it because, you see, this web framework said it was good input and that means you can drop it to the shell or just put it in a SQL query or do whatever with it.

faker edit: I've avoided posting here because I'm afraid other people I work also post here, but gently caress, this is so egregious and I don't give a poo poo anymore. If he wants to raise this with my boss then I'll be very happy to give him a defensive coding lesson.

I'll take "what is a gigantic loving brain hole" for fifty, Alex.

(a dev shouldn't necessarily know any better, it's a totally different world)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ErIog posted:

I got passed some code for security audit, and now the dev is arguing he doesn't need to validate this user input at all (for what should be an all-caps alphanumeric string) because the framework is making sure it's safe. It doesn't matter that this is being passed to things outside the dependency which don't check input at all. I should just sign off on it because, you see, this web framework said it was good input and that means you can drop it to the shell or just put it in a SQL query or do whatever with it.

I just want him to write like 10 lines of code to protect poo poo, but I guess that makes me an insane person.

the problem for that dude is hes probably not validating anything and if he has to validate the code you're reviewing he'll need to go back and validate the rest of it. Its a good lesson for him to learn.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
https://www.atredis.com/blog/cylance-privilege-escalation-vulnerability

When end endpoint security becomes the problem

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Shaggar posted:

the problem for that dude is hes probably not validating anything and if he has to validate the code you're reviewing he'll need to go back and validate the rest of it. Its a good lesson for him to learn.

I unironicaly agree with Shagger.... Not sure how I feel about this.

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it is surely impossible to believe that even bad people can be pursued unfairly

rape defender has logged on

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Meat Beat Agent posted:

https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/991699922423599104?s=20

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

Has anyone heard anything more about the Discover breach? They want me to authorize them to do something with my SS and fax them a photo of my social security card and drivers license. Which seems like more information for them to leak out. I'm going to cancel the account, just curious if anyone has heard anything, seemed unusual.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
that sounds sketchy as hell. u sure it wasn't a phishing attempt?

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

Shaggar posted:

that sounds sketchy as hell. u sure it wasn't a phishing attempt?

Positive. I've been asking around, I have friends in the field and they're saying it's some accounts not all, probably related to the breach, but they're not telling their workers what's going on.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Themage posted:

rape defender has logged on

I would love for juliano to emerge out of his Ecuadorean basement and face justice for his rape yet at the same time don’t think he should be slapped with espionage charges when he does, this isn’t difficult

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

he wont be slapped with espionage charges, its all in his & your head. read fishmechs post again and shut up.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Krankenstyle posted:

he wont be slapped with espionage charges, its all in his & your head. read fishmechs post again and shut up.

I’m not saying he will be I’m saying it would be categorically wrong if it did happen hth, :chillpill:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

moonshine is...... posted:

Positive. I've been asking around, I have friends in the field and they're saying it's some accounts not all, probably related to the breach, but they're not telling their workers what's going on.

Your friends are turkish holograms trying to get you hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3855827

stfu about julian assange and wikileaks

• Locked thread