Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh the D. Parker draft.

I’ll write up on it but let’s just say INC / C+

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Apr 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

Da Bears

1st Round, overall #7 WR Kevin White
The all time biggest draft bust in Bears history, barring some sort of crazy career resurgence this year. The very few times he's been on the field he looks totally lost. Missed an insane amount of games with various injuries. Absolutely terrible.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

2nd round, pick #39 DT Eddie Goldman
Pretty solid starter, not much to say about him. About what you expect from a 2nd round pick.
B

3rd round Hronis Grasu, C.
Decent depth player, got injured and lost his job to Whitehair but is probably going to start this year.
C.

4th round Jeremy Langford, RB.
Crappy RB, off the team.
D

5th round Adrian Amos, S.
Solid starter in the 5th round. I'm not totally sold on him, but the Bears have always struggled with the safety position and he's been pretty good.
A

6th round Tayo Fabuluje, T.
Never played, but he's a 6th rounder so whatever.
C

Overall Grade: C
Two quality starters and a decent depth lineman. However, the headlining pick being the all time god drat worst ever really brings this down.

I won't do one for the Bears, because you got it right.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo i forgot about Jay Ajayi lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Holy poo poo i forgot about Jay Ajayi lol

That's SuperBowl champion Jay Ajayi to you :eng101:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Probably been a fun 3 years following the eagles

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
At the time everyone thought I was being a big homer preferring Amari but there was like, actual evidence that showed Kevin White did like 95% of his catches on one side of the field doing one route and that was what made me think he was gonna be a bust

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Everyone preferred Amari what are you even talking about

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Amy Pole Her posted:

I think most of the pundits were hyping Kevin White because they're dumb and everyone knew Amari created better separation. A casual look has Mayock and Charles Davis both putting Kevin White ahead. Kiper, McShay, and Bucky Brooks all had Amari Cooper ahead.

I'm not going to fault or praise either group but man Kevin White really didn't prove anything on the field other than he was really big.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You always take the receiver who was insanely productive in the SEC

Jordan Matthews who let you out get back in that trunk

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

I think most of the pundits were hyping Kevin White because they're dumb and everyone knew Amari created better separation. A casual look has Mayock and Charles Davis both putting Kevin White ahead. Kiper, McShay, and Bucky Brooks all had Amari Cooper ahead.

I'm not going to fault or praise either group but man Kevin White really didn't prove anything on the field other than he was really big.

I remember everyone on here being on my side because i was a huge cooper fan. I remember some places even had White below Parker

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Doltos posted:

I called Kevin White out as a waiting to happen before the draft. I liked Parker more.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was all aboard the Kevin White hype train. Hell I still think you can't overly fault Chicago for picking White. Dramatic injuries in that rookie year seem really difficult to recover from mentally.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

hifi posted:

Randall was such a weird pick as an ASU fan. I guess I was aware that he was probably the #1 safety on big boards but it was such a weak class for FS centerfield types and then in the introductory press conference they said he was playing corner and it didn't make any sense

He's being moved back to FS on the Browns so should be interesting to see how that develops.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Probably been a fun 3 years following the eagles

Eh?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Detroit Lions
2015 was the last draft of Millen protoge Martin Mayhew, and jesus christ what a disaster. Out of 7 players, only Diggs turned into a reliable starter, and even then it took him a while to develop.

It's tough for the Lions to surprise me with their poor drafting but holy poo poo this is impressive.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was all aboard the Kevin White hype train. Hell I still think you can't overly fault Chicago for picking White. Dramatic injuries in that rookie year seem really difficult to recover from mentally.
Yeah. It really feels like one of those picks that was good on the merits, but blew up in a way that couldn't be anticipated. Sometimes, even good prospects end up not panning out.
Of course, maybe he'll remind everyone why he went in the top-10 this year, but it's a bad sign that that's what people have been saying the past two years.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's tough for the Lions to surprise me with their poor drafting but holy poo poo this is impressive.

He was an improvement over Matt Millen and 2013 was a legitimately good draft, but holy poo poo Martin Mayhew was an awful GM in retrospect when it came to the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Yeah. It really feels like one of those picks that was good on the merits, but blew up in a way that couldn't be anticipated. Sometimes, even good prospects end up not panning out.
Of course, maybe he'll remind everyone why he went in the top-10 this year, but it's a bad sign that that's what people have been saying the past two years.

OTOH, he was probably injured while they were evaluating him, amd they didn't catch it. I mean you can't fault them for not seeing him not work out in the long run, but not catching that he was injured was a pretty big fuckup.

• Locked thread