Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Because Benne forgot.

Conventional wisdom in the NFL says that you need at least three years to properly judge a draft class. This makes sense for a lot of reasons -- rookie contracts are expiring soon, and there is enough time for high-curve positions like cornerback and offensive line to separate themselves from the pack.

With that in mind, let's take a look back three years ago, at the 2015 draft, and see how those picks worked out.

Previous threads: 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010

Houston Texans

Round 1, Pick 16: Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest

He's still on the roster, but he's no Marcus Peters. Who was picked two selections later. Oops. C

Round 2, Pick 43: Benardrick McKinney, ILB, Mississippi State

McKinney isn't going to light the world on fire, but he's a key role player on defense. B-

Round 3, Pick 70: Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

Showed some flashes of brilliance in 2015, got hurt, got popped, and now plays for the Jaguars. D

Round 5, Pick 175: Keith Mumphrey, WR, Michigan State

Got caught up in the sexual assault mess. No comment

Round 6, Pick 211: Reshard Cliett, OLB, South Florida

Never played a down, but is still in the league. D-

Round 6, Pick 216: Christian Covington, DT, Rice

He's actually pretty good for being J.J. Watt's backup! A-

Round 7, Pick 235: Kenny Hilliard, RB, LSU

Practice squad guy. D

OVERALL THOUGHTS
This wasn't a 'superstar' draft for the Texans, but a depth draft. Did we get deeper? In spots, yes, but this wasn't a very good draft in general. C grade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Round 1 Pick 18 Marcus Peters † CB Washington Pac-12
Great corner, kneeled for anthem, traded to Rams for peanuts. I have no idea how to grade this pick since we're owned by a stupid white rear end in a top hat.

Round 2 Pick 49 Mitch Morse G Missouri SEC
Oft injured, plays Center, maybe not as well as we would have hoped. C

Round 3 Pick 76 Chris Conley WR Georgia SEC from Minnesota [R3 - 4]
WR3, finally coming into his own in Andy's system when he tore his Achilles. He won't be signing a huge deal next year unless he continues at the pace he was running at last year. C+

Round 3* Pick 98 Steven Nelson CB Oregon State Pac-12
Probably going to be our CB2, he's finally getting better although injuries are still an issue. At this point in the draft, he had some value. B-

Round 4 Pick 118 Ramik Wilson LB Georgia SEC
Is he still on the team? I think he signed with the Rams. At a very weak position, he couldn't stay on the roster. D

Round 5* Pick 172 D. J. Alexander † OLB Oregon State Pac-12
Traded last year for Kevin Pierre-Louis. He was a Pro-Bowl special teamer, but not a great ILB. Value pick. C+

Round 5* Pick 173 James O'Shaughnessy TE Illinois State MVFC
Just because I had to hear my friend call him "O Shag Hennesy" over and over, I hate this guy. He's warming the bench for the Pats now or something, who cares, he sucked. D

Round 6* Pick 217 Rakeem Nunez-Roches DT Southern Miss C-USA
Was initially cut, now is a huge part of the D-Line and has a great personality to watch on the field to. Plus, you get to call him Nacho. B+

Overall thoughts:

I'm beginning to think this Dorsey guy wasn't as good as I thought he was when he got fired. Then again, Clark Hunt basically demanding Marcus Peters be traded really soured me on this draft. C grade for Nacho and the potential Nelson still has. If Conley can be healthy again then maybe it's better.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”
The Browns, bitch

1st Round (#12): NT Danny Shelton
He was an average run-stuffing Nose but might have been one of the worst pass rushers I've ever seen. He's probably also been screwed up a bunch by the fact that we flip 3-4 to 4-3 alignment like every season, so Bellichick will probably like turn him into an all-pro. This pick could have been Marcus Peters C

1st Round (#19): OL Cameron Erving
Absolute garbage interior lineman. Got passed up by dudes who walked in off the street at guard and center. Was perhaps the worst center in the NFL for a stretch after Alex Mack left. Even Mike Polk dunks on this dude on twitter, which never happens with O-linemen in this town. Sent him out for a fifth rounder for gently caress's sake. F

2nd Round (#51): OLB Nate Orchard
Decent-ish backup DE/Rush LB. He's gotten buried by the arrival of Garrett, Nassib, and Ogbah, so probably not going to get much else from him. He was a solid player for a bit, but he's probably about as good as he's ever going to be. C

3rd Round (#77): RB Duke Johnson
Probably a top 5 receiving back who should be receiving far more touches. I really really hate that we've wasted 3-4 years with Crowell, when this dude is just as good. B+

3rd Round (#96): DT Xavier Cooper
Trash-tier 3-4 DE who's already bounced across 3 teams. Not what you should be getting in the top 100. F

4th Round (#115): S Ibraheim Campbell
Looked okay, but couldn't stay healthy. D

4th Round (#123): WR Vince Mayle
Worst hands on a TE I've ever seen. F

6th Round (#189): CB Charles Gaines
Trash CB who couldn't hack it. Needed to be covered in flame retardant any time he lined up in the slot. F

6th Round (#195): FB Malcolm Johnson
Cut midseason. Who the gently caress drafts a fullback F

6th Round (#198): TE Randall Telfer
3rd string TE who's stayed on the roster and comes in to block sometimes. Probably the best pick after the 4th round. C

7th Round (#219): ILB Hayes Pullard
Career backup who never played a down that I can remember F

7th Round (#241): CB Ifo Ekpre-Olomu
Horrific knee injury in college meant he never had a chance. Out of the leage. F

Verdict: As bad as people think the '14 draft by farmer was. (Gilbert and Manziel being trash-tier busts in round 1), Bitonio and Kirksey are both starters, and Bitonio is like Pro-bowl caliber, which is better than ANYTHING in this '15 class. This is the worst class I can remember as a Browns fan, and that seems impossible.

TheGreyGhost fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Apr 12, 2018

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Buccaneers

Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
Round one, number one, first overall

Despite turnover issues he's improved every season. Shoulder injury set him back last season but finished strong. Completion % and TD:INT ratio have improved each season so that's progress you like to see. Has everything you need to be a franchise QB. 3 seasons in and he's still only 24. A

Donovan Smith, T, Penn State
Round two, number two, 34th overall

Smith has been up and down. Has flashed some potential but elite guys eat him up. This will be a big season for him and he needs more consistency. Hasn't missed a game in three years. B

Ali Marpet, G, Hobart College
Round two, pick 29, 61st overall

Marpet was a bit of an unknown but came in and played great his first two seasons. The Bucs experimented with him at C last season and it didn't click they had hoped so he's moving back to his natural position at guard. He can absolutely play at a pro bowl level there so I'm happy to see him move back. A

Kwon Alexander, LB, LSU
Round four, pick 25, 124th overall

Kwon came in an immediately made a huge impact on the D. He's pretty much the ideal MLB for the defense and he loves football. Missed a few games here in there but he's a force on the field. A

Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska
Round five, pick 26, 162nd overall

A fan favorite after being drafted but did nothing. I think he's out of the league. F

Kaelin Clay, WR, Utah
Round six, pick eight, 184th overall

Drafted to be a KR but didn't do much to impress here. I think he was/is in Baltimore doing ok but did nothing of note in Tampa. F

Joe Iosefa, RB, Hawaii
Round seven, pick 14, 231st overall

Ended up on the practice squad and later cut. No idea of his whereabouts.

Overall the class has to get an A because you get 4 quality starters with the potential to be great.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Da Bears

1st Round, overall #7 WR Kevin White
The all time biggest draft bust in Bears history, barring some sort of crazy career resurgence this year. The very few times he's been on the field he looks totally lost. Missed an insane amount of games with various injuries. Absolutely terrible.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

2nd round, pick #39 DT Eddie Goldman
Pretty solid starter, not much to say about him. About what you expect from a 2nd round pick.
B

3rd round Hronis Grasu, C.
Decent depth player, got injured and lost his job to Whitehair but is probably going to start this year.
C.

4th round Jeremy Langford, RB.
Crappy RB, off the team.
D

5th round Adrian Amos, S.
Solid starter in the 5th round. I'm not totally sold on him, but the Bears have always struggled with the safety position and he's been pretty good.
A

6th round Tayo Fabuluje, T.
Never played, but he's a 6th rounder so whatever.
C

Overall Grade: C
Two quality starters and a decent depth lineman. However, the headlining pick being the all time god drat worst ever really brings this down.

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 12, 2018

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
2015 Philadelphia Eagles draft

1st Round, 20th Overall Pick - WR Nelson Agholor

After a so-so rookie season then dropping off a loving cliff in his 2nd year due to severe mental health issues. Agholor looked really good out the slot this year and looking forward to seeing him as either a #2 receiver next year or still our main slot choice.

B

2nd Round, 47th Overall Pick, CB Eric Rowe

Had pretty decent rookie year then got traded to the Pats. Got torched by Big Dick Nick in the Super Bowl

D

3rd Round, 84th Overall Pick, ILB Jordan Hicks

Our defensive captain, dudes a loving stud when he can stay healthy though I worry about his knees, 2 ACL tears in back to back years has rocked this guy pretty badly

A

6th Round, 191st Overall Pick , CB JaCorey Shepherd

Dude was on IR before the season started then got traded in 2016, currently a freeagent

F

6th Round, 196th Overall Pick, CB Randall Evans

Never made the roster

F

7th Round, 237th Overall Pick, DE Brian Mihalik

Practice squaddie that was punted after his first year, has bounced around multiple teams and is currently on the Lions.

F

Overall Grade - C

Two decent players in Agholor and Hicks, a lot of gump otherwise.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
2015 Los Angeles St. Louis Rams Draft

1st round, 10th Overall Pick - RB Todd Gurley

Great Rookie season, had the most yards rushing in his first four games started since the merger. Finished with 1106 yards despite only starting 12 games and having no passing game to back him up. His next season was forgettable and I blame that entirely on Jeff Fisher. Bounced back this season and IMO was the runner up for MVP.

A+

2nd round, 57th Overall Pick - OT Rob Havenstein

Has played in and started 43 games since being drafted, missing 5 games to injury. Great blocker and a fixture at right tackle.

A

3rd round, 72th Overall Pick - OG Jamon Brown

Started 14 games his first 2 season at a couple different positions. Was a 16 game solid started at RG last season. Good, not great player, about what you would expect out of a 3rd round pick.

B

3rd round, 89th Overall Pick - QB Sean Mannion

Great clipboard holder.

C

4th round, 119th Overall Pick, OT Andrew Donnal

Bad player, couldn't really put it all together despite starting 6 games. With the Ravens now I think?

F

6th round, 201st Overall Pick - WR Bud Sasser

Rams discovered he had a heart condition after drafting him and were told by doctors to never let him play football so he never even signed a rookie contract.

F

6th round, 215th Overall Pick - OG Cody Wichmann

Started 18 games in 2 seasons before getting cut. Wasn't very good, I think he's on the Titans practice squad.

D

7th round, 224th Overall Pick - LB Bryce Hager

Good depth guy despite only starting 1 game in 3 seasons. Could be in the mix to start this year, giving him a good grade because it's not often you get a guy in the 7th round who will stick around for 4 seasons.

B

7th round, 227th Overall Pick - DE Martin Ifedi

Cut after training camp.

F

Supplemental Draft: OT Isaiah Battle - Gave up a 5th

Was supposed to be an incredibly talented but raw player. Ending up doing absolutely nothing for 2 seasons and is on the Seahawks practice squad now.

F

Overall Grade - B
Got 1 MVP-type guy, a solid to great Right Tackle and an okay guard. The rest is forgettable.

Notable Trades
Rams also picked up LB - Mark Barron for a 4th and 6th round pick which looks like a win now.
Sam Bradford was traded for Nick Foles and a 2016 2nd, the 2nd was part of the Jared Goff trade the next year and Foles lasted 1 season under the amazing coaching of Jeff Fisher.

Notable UDFAs
Matt Longacre - 5.5 sacks in backup duty last year, could be starting this year
Malcolm Brown - Good straight ahead backup running back
Darrell Williams - Started a game last year

DariusLikewise fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 12, 2018

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Broncos Country

This draft led directly to a Super Bowl victory (do the math) so the overall is clearly an A.

1 23 Shane Ray OLB - Grade D+, but B potential
Eh. Showed some promise year 2, but he is playing opposite Von Miller. Injured in training camp last year and played poorly in between IR stints.

2 27 Ty Sambrailo OL - Grade F
His ceiling is as a backup. Couldn't start on a bad Denver line. Injured, Injured, Traded for a 5th.

3 28 Jeff Heuerman TE - Grade D+
Injured a bunch his senior year and then, shockingly, injured in rookie camp. Will also be a career backup

4 34 Max Garcia OL - Grade C
Is a starter, though not a good one (Denver O-Line is bad, folks). Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the final roster this year.

5 28 Lorenzo Doss CB - Grade D
No room for him in a stacked secondary. Cut in year 3 after being inactive for most of the previous 2.

6 27 Darius Kilgo DT - Grade C
Backup who saw some playing time but no starts. Cut in order to sign a long-snapper.

7 33 Trevor Siemian QB - Grade A
The Sie-man started 24 games as a 7th round QB, that's an A. Despite having an "arm that was gifted from the gods", in reality was a game manager that threw more INTs then TDs last year. Will soon be the Vikings starting QB, he was traded for a 5th.

7 34 Taurean Nixon DB / 7 35 Josh Furman DB
Practice squad / Not even

Notable UDFAs
Zaire Anderson
Jordan Taylor

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Minnesota Vikings

Round 1, Pick 11: CB Trae Waynes. Tends to draw alot of :flag: but has been improving and is a decent enough #2 corner across from Rhodes. I think it may be up in the air if he gets paid by MN or another team, and there is a possibility he could be a casualty of the cap.
Round 2, Pick 13: LB Eric Kendricks. Athletic, consistent tackler that has been solid, if a bit underrated at his position. He's going to get extended and has the MLB spot on lockdown.
Round 3, Pick 24: DE Danielle Hunter. Hunter showed flashes as a rotational pass rusher his first few seasons behind Brian Robison, and has turned into a stud since taking over that spot across from Everson Griffen. He's about to get paid and be a nuisance for quite some time. The best part about hunter is that he isn't even 25 years old, he's still a baby and already has 25 sacks.
Round 4, Pick 11: OL T.J. Clemmings. Was loving trash in all of his starts when our lines kept dying and is thankfully no longer on the team.
Round 5, Pick 10: WR Stefon Diggs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaFn8cqBThI He is about to get absolutely paid.
Round 6, Pick 9: OL Tyrus Thompson. went on IR rookie year and was released. bounced around the league for a bit and is now unsigned.
Round 6, Pick 17: DL B.J. Dubose. Tore his ACL in 2016, out of football since.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Ravens

Breshad Perriman - a bust so big he made me miss mark clayton, because at least clayton got open (even if he couldn't catch)

Maxx Williams - always hurt, also he sucks

Carl Davis - always hurt, also he sucks

Za'Darius Smith - always hurt, also he sucks

Buck Allen - he sucks

Tray Walker - sucks

Nick Boyle - hurt, sucks, PED suspensions constantly

Robert Myers - sucks

Darren Waller - sucks

this draft sucked

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Raiders

Amari Cooper WR - I like him but did not do well last season but most of the team played terrible
Mario Edwards DL - very inconsistent and will probably have a good year and leave in free agency
Clive Walford TE  - released
Jon Feliciano OG - mediocre
Ben Heeney ILB - released
Neiron Ball OLB - released

I don't know who these guys are:

Max Valles OLB 
Anthony Morris OL 
Andre Dubose WR 

Dexter McDonald CB - honestly I know the name but can't think of a single thing he has done

Not a great draft.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Bills. Bad, but only plainly bad and not horrifically so.

Round 2, Pick 50: Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State

Promising rookie year, disappointing second year, off the team on his third year in exchange for a modest return. Could have been worse, could have been better.

Grade: C+

Round 3, Pick 81: John Miller, G, Louisville

Briefly showed flashes of being a really solid starter, but post-Lynn life has been a disaster. Maybe a new OC will play to his strengths and he'll get back on track, but I'm not optimistic.

Grade: D

Round 5, Pick 155: Karlos Williams, RB, Florida State

Had an incredible rookie season with 9 TDs and averaged nearly 6 yards a carry AND acted like a competent receiving back. Immediately stacked up about two dozen substance abuse violations and gained a ton of weight and now he's out of the league. But man, that one year of him was pretty good for a fifth rounder.

Grade: C-

Round 6, Pick 188: Tony Steward, LB, Clemson

Never got on the field and never let me make all the jokes I wanted to about mixing him up with the famous one that murdered a guy with his car.

Grade: F

Round 6, Pick 194: Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State

He contributes on the field and has been a pretty reliable TE2.

Grade: B+

Round 7, Pick 234: Dezmin Lewis, WR, Central Arkansas

He did nothing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots. A pretty mediocre draft that they at least got 1 good and 2 decent starters from, but little else.

1-32 DT Malcolm Brown - An okay run stuffer with minimal pass rusher capabilities. An okay rotational piece, but nothing special. Landon Collins taken with the next pick. C-

2-64 SS Jordan Richards - A bad safety unable to get significant playing time on the defense and relegated to anonymous ST duty. D

3-97 DE Geneo Grissom - Roster flotsam quality guy who's been cut and re-signed a bunch of times by the Pats the last 3 years. F

4-101 DE Trey Flowers - A solidly decent DE with marginal pass rushing ability. B+

4-111 G Tre' Jackson - Started as a rookie and was okay, but nothing special, injured his knee in 2016, got cut and then the Rams passed on him after a bad physical. NFL Careers folks D

4-131 G Shaq Mason - A pretty darn good Guard A

5-166 LS Joe Cardona - He's fine, but he's a longsnapper you drafted in the 5th round so whatever. B-

6-178 LB Matthew Wells - Traded to the Bears in training camp for a RB named Ryan Groy. Both players ended up cut at the end of camp. F+

6-202 TE AJ Derby Spent his rookie year injured, then played a few games as a backup then got traded to the Broncos for a 5th round pick. He's been a decent backup caliber player. So hey, pretty good late draft pick B

7-247 CB Darryl Roberts Got cut in camp, Jets snagged him, he's been roster depth for them. If you find a guy who can play football at all in the 7th, that's pretty much a C

7-253 LB Xzavier Dickson Cut at end of camp, bounced around the Falcons practice squad a little. Giving him a grade bump for the Xz in his name. D-

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Why no I totally didn't forget to make the thread this year why do you ask (thanks for getting it up)

Seattle Seahawks

Round 2, Pick 63: DE Frank Clark, Michigan

A noted woman beater who happens to be good at football so people try to pretend the woman-beating thing never happened. The whole thing is really gross and uncomfortable and I hate rooting for hi--OOOOOHHHHH WHAT A COOL SACK Grade: B

Round 3, Pick 69: WR Tyler Lockett, Kansas State

Immediately became one of the league's best kick returners, Lokcett made the Pro Bowl at that position in his rookie year. His development as a receiver was coming along slowly until a gruesome leg injury threatened to derail things. He came back last year and didn't look like his old self, but the team is apparently hoping he'll get back to 100 percent. Currently penciled in as the No. 2 starter next to Doug Baldwin. This grade mostly hinges on him returning to form. Grade: A-

Round 4, Pick 130: G Terry Poole, San Diego State

I don't remember him doing a single thing with the team. Got cut in camp. Grade: F

Round 4, Pick 134: G Mark Glowinski, West Virginia

loving garbage. Finally got benched last year. Grade: F

Round 5, Pick 170: CB Tye Smith, Towson

The patented "small-school late round dart throw" pick. Got cut after one year. Grade: F

Round 6, Pick 209: DE Obum Gwacham, Oregon State

This is a made-up name. Grade: Whatever

Round 6, Pick 214: DT Kristjan Sokoli, Buffalo

Would you believe me if I told you Tom Cable moved Sokoli from DT to offensive line? He sure did! Spoiler alert: It didn't work out. Grade: F

Round 7, Pick 248: S Ryan Murphy, Oregon State

Presumably left the team during camp to begin production on The People vs. O.J. Simpson. Grade: American Draft Story

Notable trades

We traded our first-rounder and Max Unger for Jimmy Graham. Graham didn't really live up to expectations, but he caught a bunch of TDs last year so that was cool. So of course he's no longer with the team. That first-round pick turned into Stephone Anthony, so meh. Grade: C

Overall

Two starting-quality players (one of whom is capital-P Problematic) and a whole bunch of garbage after that. The Jimmy Graham trade was a push at best. Not John Schneider's worst draft (2013 won't be topped), but once again he whiffed on his coveted mid-round picks, leaving the roster with paper-thin depth that finally got exposed in 2017. There isn't much to like here. Grade: D+

Benne fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 12, 2018

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Pittsburgh Steelers

Round 1: Bud Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
Sacked Tom Brady in his first game, so A+++. For real though has 15 sacks, is a starting OLB and still improving. Was seen as a raw but talented player and thats exactly how he has been.

Round 2: Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss
Never played a down for the Steeler's due to injury in first two years. Currently with the Raiders. F

Round 3: Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
Had a lot of potential, could get open but had bad hands. He might still be on the team if the Steelers didn't have one of the deepest WR corps. in the NFL. Was traded for the Browns for a 6th round pic this year, so I guess a D.

Round 4: Doran Grant, CB, Ohio State
Made the practice squad, never made the team. Currently with the Bears. F

Round 5: Jesse James, TE, Penn State
Is the starting TE for Pittsburgh, leading many to believe that Heath Miller never actually retired. Won the game against New England on last second heroics last year, but the evil cabal that is the Kraft family threatened to execute the families of the entire referee crew if they didn't overturn it. A

Round 6: L.T. Walton, DE, Central Michigan
Currently backs up Cam Heyward as DE. Has a couple sacks in limited playing action, so seems to be a good insurance policy against him getting injured. For a 6th rounder, that's an A.

Round 6: Anthony Chikillo, OLB, The U
Still on the team, had a monster game against the Browns in the season opener. Does well on special teams and spot duty. B

Round 7: Gerod Holliman, S, Louisville
Currently the starting safety for the Columbus Lions in the NAL. Never made the roster. F

Overall this is an interesting draft, the Steelers hit on there first pick, then whiffed on all their mid rounders but made up for it by finding value in the later rounds with James being a starter and two solid backups that have played well when given the chance. Going to give it an overall B.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Dubious posted:

Minnesota Vikings

Round 1, Pick 11: CB Trae Waynes. Tends to draw alot of :flag: but has been improving and is a decent enough #2 corner across from Rhodes. I think it may be up in the air if he gets paid by MN or another team, and there is a possibility he could be a casualty of the cap.
Round 2, Pick 13: LB Eric Kendricks. Athletic, consistent tackler that has been solid, if a bit underrated at his position. He's going to get extended and has the MLB spot on lockdown.
Round 3, Pick 24: DE Danielle Hunter. Hunter showed flashes as a rotational pass rusher his first few seasons behind Brian Robison, and has turned into a stud since taking over that spot across from Everson Griffen. He's about to get paid and be a nuisance for quite some time. The best part about hunter is that he isn't even 25 years old, he's still a baby and already has 25 sacks.
Round 4, Pick 11: OL T.J. Clemmings. Was loving trash in all of his starts when our lines kept dying and is thankfully no longer on the team.
Round 5, Pick 10: WR Stefon Diggs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaFn8cqBThI He is about to get absolutely paid.
Round 6, Pick 9: OL Tyrus Thompson. went on IR rookie year and was released. bounced around the league for a bit and is now unsigned.
Round 6, Pick 17: DL B.J. Dubose. Tore his ACL in 2016, out of football since.

This draft is the bedrock of the Vikings contender window. Waynes is probably a C+ pick just cause they had their choice of CBs and he took some time to come along. Kendricks, Hunter and Diggs are all As though.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Buccaneers

This was a pretty drat good one, huh

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

The Bills. Bad, but only plainly bad and not horrifically so.

Round 2, Pick 50: Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State

Promising rookie year, disappointing second year, off the team on his third year in exchange for a modest return. Could have been worse, could have been better.

Grade: C+

Round 3, Pick 81: John Miller, G, Louisville

Briefly showed flashes of being a really solid starter, but post-Lynn life has been a disaster. Maybe a new OC will play to his strengths and he'll get back on track, but I'm not optimistic.

Grade: D

Round 5, Pick 155: Karlos Williams, RB, Florida State

Had an incredible rookie season with 9 TDs and averaged nearly 6 yards a carry AND acted like a competent receiving back. Immediately stacked up about two dozen substance abuse violations and gained a ton of weight and now he's out of the league. But man, that one year of him was pretty good for a fifth rounder.

Grade: C-

Round 6, Pick 188: Tony Steward, LB, Clemson

Never got on the field and never let me make all the jokes I wanted to about mixing him up with the famous one that murdered a guy with his car.

Round 6, Pick 194: Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State

He contributes on the field and has been a pretty reliable TE2.

Grade: B+

Round 7, Pick 234: Dezmin Lewis, WR, Central Arkansas

He did nothing.

It's pretty telling that a forgettably bad draft is one of our better drafts.
Man, imagine rating this draft after week 17 of the '16 season. It would be an easy A! Karlos Williams pretty much flamed out because he was a dumb idiot, but I can't help but think Darby got screwed over by injuries and Rex. And that Miller got hosed by Dennison. I guess what I'm saying is, this draft might still improve, but we won't really see the proceeds because we drastically changed schemes 3 times in 3 years.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I feel like you're underselling McKinney but other than that, spot on

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
2015 was good and bad.

(1)15.) Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

He loving sucks and was a waste of a draft pick. We even traded away picks to move up to get him. F

(2)48.) Denzel Perryman, Miami, ILB

When he's healthy, he's a difference making ILB in the run game and the team suffers without him in the lineup, as was painfully clear last season. Because of his injuries, I can't give this higher than a C+

(3)83.) Craig Mager, CB, Texas State

He's been decent depth, and has been buried on the depth chart because of a very good group of secondary players, and was stashed on the practice squad last year. Not horrible, but hasn't lived up to a third round pick. C-

(5)153.) Kyle Emmanuel, DE, NDSU

Has been a good defensive rotation player and great on special teams. For a fifth round pick, he's exceeding expectations. B+

(6)192.) Darius Philon, DT, Arkansas

Even moreso than Emmanuel, Philon has proven himself to be a very good situational pass rusher from the DT spot, and has looked better than Corey Liuget for long spots. Could not possibly be happier with this pick. A

So other than the bust of a first round pick, a pretty good draft class for the Chargers that could have been better if we didn't trade away picks in the draft in order to pick Gordon.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

a neat cape posted:

2015 was good and bad.

(1)15.) Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin

He loving sucks and was a waste of a draft pick. We even traded away picks to move up to get him. F

(2)48.) Denzel Perryman, Miami, ILB

When he's healthy, he's a difference making ILB in the run game and the team suffers without him in the lineup, as was painfully clear last season. Because of his injuries, I can't give this higher than a C+

(3)83.) Craig Mager, CB, Texas State

He's been decent depth, and has been buried on the depth chart because of a very good group of secondary players, and was stashed on the practice squad last year. Not horrible, but hasn't lived up to a third round pick. C-

(5)153.) Kyle Emmanuel, DE, NDSU

Has been a good defensive rotation player and great on special teams. For a fifth round pick, he's exceeding expectations. B+

(6)192.) Darius Philon, DT, Arkansas

Even moreso than Emmanuel, Philon has proven himself to be a very good situational pass rusher from the DT spot, and has looked better than Corey Liuget for long spots. Could not possibly be happier with this pick. A

So other than the bust of a first round pick, a pretty good draft class for the Chargers that could have been better if we didn't trade away picks in the draft in order to pick Gordon.

But Melvin Gordon gets touchdowns I don't understand

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Panthers

1st - Shaq Thompson

A first rounder spent on what was probably at the time the best all around unit in the NFL, Shaq has struggled to consistently get on the field. He'll be a full time starter this year, however, so we'll see how he finally does. In a timeshare role, he's looked good at times, but he's also had some notable failures, especially getting trucked at the goal line by alvin kamara last year. Overall I get the sense he's an incredible athlete who really isn't that "football smart." He seems out of position a lot, but the Panthers ask their LBs to do more than most teams.

This pick REALLY should have been Landon Collins.

B-

2nd - Devin Funchess

A soft bitch who had his coming out party last season. Saints never would have had the chance to blow that lead to Minnesota if Devin had given some effort in the corner of the end zone. Really showed some progress last year, and was the reason fat boy was traded to Buffalo. I think he'll probably top out as a solid number 2 receiver. At this moment he's probably the best receiver on the Panthers, which lol just lol

Unbelievably soft for someone his size.

C

4th - Daryl Williams

Road grader who settled in at RT last year and shut the position down. Various ADVANCED FOOTBALL METRIC SITES had him as one of the 3 or 4 best right tackles in the NFL last year. Probably the best player in this draft class for Carolina and due for an extension.

A

5th - David Mayo

Typical good backup Panther linebacker. Plays special teams. Don't want him starting, but he can rotate in in a pinch. Will probably play for the Saints one day.

B

5th - Cameron Artis-Payne

Downhill head down runner who hasn't really done much in the NFL. Nothing really spectacular about him. He's a dude.

D

Pretty unremarkable draft overall. Jury is still out on Shaq, since this will be his first year starting. I think Devin will always have a place in the league, just never be a star. Williams is the best player the Panthers got out of this, and he'll play RT for Carolina as long as he wants to be here.

C+/B- of a draft. Cam still needs weapons.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Looked up my old top 5 for each position. Some of these are really bad...:

QBs:
1. Jameis Winston - Florida State
2. Marcus Mariota - Oregon
3. Bryce Petty - Baylor
4. Sean Mannion - Oregon State
5. Nick Hundley - UCLA

RBs:
1. Todd Gurley - Georgia
2. Melvin Gordon - Wisconsin
3. Ameer Abdullah - Nebraska
4. T.J. Yeldon - Alabama
5. Tevin Coleman - Indiana

FBs:
1. Jalston Fowler - Alabama
2. Tyler Varga - Yale
3. Aaron Ripkowski - Oklahoma
4. Michael Burton - Rutgers
5. Zach Zenner - South Dakota State

TEs:
1. Clive Walford - Miami
2. Maxx Williams - Minnesota
3. Jeff Heuerman - Ohio State
4. Ben Koyack - Notre Dame
5. Jesse James - Penn State

WRs:
1. Amari Cooper - Alabama
2. DeVante Parker - Louisville
3. Kevin White - West Virginia
4. Breshad Perriman - UCF
5. Jaelon Strong - Arizona State

OTs:
1. Andrus Peat - Stanford
2. La'el Collins - LSU (I Know)
3. Ereck Flowers - Miami
4. Cedric Ogbuehi - Texas A&M
5. D.J. Humphries - Florida

OGs:
1. Brandon Scherff - Iowa
2. A.J. Cann - South Carolina
3. Laken Tomlinson - Duke
4. Tre' Jackson - Florida State
5. Mitch Morse - Missouri

Cs:
1. Cameron Erving - Florida State
2. Reese Dismukes - Auburn
3. Hroniss Grasu - Oregon
4. B.J. Finney - Kansas State
5. Shaquille Mason - Georgia Tech

DEs:
1. Randy Gregory - Nebraska
2. Alvin Dupree - Kentucky
3. Owamagbe Odighizuwa - UCLA
4. Arik Armstead - Oregon
5. Mario Edwards Jr. - Florida State

DTs:
1. Leonard Williams - USC
2. Danny Shelton - Washington
3. Jordan Phillips - Oklahoma
4. Malcom Brown - Texas
5. Eddie Goldman - Florida State

OLB:
1. Vic Beasley - Clemson
2. Eli Harold - Virginia
3. Dante Fowler Jr. - Florida
4. Randy Gregory - Nebraska
5. Alvin Dupree - Kentucky

ILB:
1. Eric Kendricks - UCLA
2. Denzel Perryman - Florida
3. Benardrick McKinney - Mississippi State
4. Stephone Anthony - Clemson
5. Taiwan Jones - Michigan State

CB:
1. Trae Waynes - Michigan State
2. Marcus Peters - Washington
3. Byron Jones - Connecticut
4. Kevin Johnson - Wake Forest
5. Ronald Darby - Florida State

FS:
1. Damarious Randall - Arizona State
2. Adrian Amos - Penn State
3. Gerod Holliman - Louisville
4. Derron Smith - Fresno State
5. Kurtis Drummond - Michigan State

SS:
1. Landon Collins - Alabama
2. James Sample - Louisville
3. Clayton Geathers - UCF
4. Jaquiski Tartt - Samford
5. Anthony Jefferson - UCLA

P:
1. Kyle Loomis - Portland State
I didn't watch anyone else

K:
Josh Lambo and Kyle Brindza just because I watched them kick before.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So you were probably really happy to get Flowers at the time

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I wonder what year was the first year where OL went from the safest 1st round picks to a nightmare factory.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Based on a cursory glance, it was the ultimate Goon Draft of 2013.

Or perhaps Matt Kalil.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Cincinnati Bengals 2015 draft:

gently caress cedric ogbuehi.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Patriots. A pretty mediocre draft that they at least got 1 good and 2 decent starters from, but little else.

1-32 DT Malcolm Brown - An okay run stuffer with minimal pass rusher capabilities. An okay rotational piece, but nothing special. Landon Collins taken with the next pick. C-

2-64 SS Jordan Richards - A bad safety unable to get significant playing time on the defense and relegated to anonymous ST duty. D

3-97 DE Geneo Grissom - Roster flotsam quality guy who's been cut and re-signed a bunch of times by the Pats the last 3 years. F

4-101 DE Trey Flowers - A solidly decent DE with marginal pass rushing ability. B+

4-111 G Tre' Jackson - Started as a rookie and was okay, but nothing special, injured his knee in 2016, got cut and then the Rams passed on him after a bad physical. NFL Careers folks D

4-131 G Shaq Mason - A pretty darn good Guard A

5-166 LS Joe Cardona - He's fine, but he's a longsnapper you drafted in the 5th round so whatever. B-

6-178 LB Matthew Wells - Traded to the Bears in training camp for a RB named Ryan Groy. Both players ended up cut at the end of camp. F+

6-202 TE AJ Derby Spent his rookie year injured, then played a few games as a backup then got traded to the Broncos for a 5th round pick. He's been a decent backup caliber player. So hey, pretty good late draft pick B

7-247 CB Darryl Roberts Got cut in camp, Jets snagged him, he's been roster depth for them. If you find a guy who can play football at all in the 7th, that's pretty much a C

7-253 LB Xzavier Dickson Cut at end of camp, bounced around the Falcons practice squad a little. Giving him a grade bump for the Xz in his name. D-

Oh man I can't wait for the 2016 and 2017 version. :allears:

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Indianapolis Colts

1st - Philip Dorsett

We have TY Hilton, so let's take a first round to grab a very pale imitation of TY Hilton. Did a whole lot of nothing his first year, had a WR3-4 caliber year his second year, then we traded him to the Patriots for Jacoby Brisset. I wanted Malcolm Brown here, but Landon Collins was the gem available at this point.
D

2nd - D'Joun Smith

A need at the time at CB, but he was stuck on IR for the majority of 2 seasons, playing a total of 4 games for us, then got waived. Last seen getting waived by the Titans.
F

3rd - Henry Anderson

A stud of a DT in a 3-4 scheme. He was put on the IR his first year with a knee injury, and IR last year for a throat injury. When he plays, he is a monster in both run and pass defense. With a switch to a more Tampa 2 scheme this year, things good change, but I am very happy with this pick.
B+

4th - Clayton Geathers

Jury is still out on this Safety. He suffered a neck injury that took him out of basically 2 entire seasons. Returned at the end of the season this year, but I haven't seen enough to say one way or the other. We could have something special with him and Hooker, or we could continue to be a dumpster fire. At the very least, I think he is starting quality, which is solid enough in the 4th.
C?

5th - David Parry

DT who started every game his first two years, then got in legal trouble and waived with the advent of Chris Ballard's tenure as GM and the signing Jonathan Hankins in 2017. Got signed to the Saints practice squad, then IR'd a week after being activated. I don't remember him being actually bad, and he was a 5th rounder, so eh.
C

6th - Josh Robinson

RB who got cut after he was injured. Apparently played a few games, but had bad numbers and a lost fumble on 17 touches lol. Plays in Canada now.
F

6th - Amarlo Herrera

Practice squad LB. Last seen trying out for the WWE.
F

7th - Denzelle Good

Practice Squad OT. Entered 2017 as starter at right tackle, but that is more of a testament to our offensive line than his talent. Placed on IR shortly into the season. As far as I am aware, he is still with the team. We got something out of a 7th round pick, so I'll chalk that up as a success.
C

Overall, Henry Anderson is a stud, but the scheme change could bork him. Jury is still out on Geathers. This draft is memorable for the Grigson special in the first round. This was coming off the year where we got thumped in the AFC championship, so the thought was that we shore up the defense and we make it to the Super Bowl, which shows in 3/8 of our picks. Unfortunately Grigson is bad at drafting and running a team, then Luck broke and tore down the facade of a competitive team he had built.

I'll give it a D+

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

New York Jets

1 (6) - Leonard Williams, DL, USC
Core player on the d-line, probably won't ever be a superstar though he did make the pro bowl in 2016. I think analytics like him. Sacks are going in the wrong direction, we passed up Vic Beasley which fuckin sucks, but I'd imagine the average 6th overall pick is worse than this guy. B

2 (37) - Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
One dimensional pure speed "deep threat" WR who is always, always injured. Fun college player, never made an impact or a big play in the ten or so Jets games he played with two functioning ACLs. If he can get a job on any NFL roster, good for him, it would be a good story. F

3 (82) - Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB, Louisville
Rotational guy, might not make the team, overshadowed by linebackers and edge rushers with less draft pedigree. Might not be a terrible football player but doesn't do any one thing well enough to stick out. D

4 (103) - Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor
Just for having a watchable product, the Jets actually did a good job getting old men Fitzpatrick and McCown off the quarterback pile. That's what scares me about the team moving forward: how much was QB the problem. Bryce Petty was real bad, and he did nothing to dispel the idea that he was an extreme college system QB, but that's the kind of quarterback you get in the fourth round. It says a lot about :gonk: Christian Hackenberg :gonk: that we saw as much of Petty as we did last season. D

5 (152) - Jarvis Harrison, G, Texas A&M
Waived in November of his draft year, I barely remember him. Current Saskatchewan Roughrider. F

7 (223) - Deon Simon, NT, Northwestern State
Good preseason player, never takes that next step. Still around though. C+

Fat Lowtax fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 13, 2018

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

a patagonian cavy posted:

Cincinnati Bengals 2015 draft:

gently caress cedric ogbuehi.

I don't think it's hyperbole to say the 2015 draft class is what shut the Hue Jackson era window for the Bengals.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The bengals received some good backup TEs. B

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Titans

Round 1, Pick 2 (2) Marcus Mariota QB Oregon good pick

Round 2, Pick 8 (40) Dorial Green-Beckham WR Missouri dgb didn't care enough to be a good player but i still believe the pick itself was good

Round 3, Pick 2 (66) Jeremiah Poutasi OG Utah big bad pick

Round 4, Pick 1 (100) Angelo Blackson DT Auburn solid pick

Round 4, Pick 9 (108) Jalston Fowler FB Alabama rip jalston you weren't as good as advertised

Round 5, Pick 2 (138) David Cobb RB Minnesota bad pick

Round 6, Pick 1 (177) Deiontrez Mount OLB Louisville not on team anymore who cares

Round 6, Pick 32 (208) Andy Gallik C Boston College who?

Round 7, Pick 28 (245) Tre McBride WR William & Mary a good gamble that didn't work out

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Intruder posted:

So you were probably really happy to get Flowers at the time

Nope I thought it was one of the worst picks ever made by the Giants especially with Gurley right there.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Arizona Cardinals

Round 1, Pick 24: DJ Humphries
The 5th OT taken in the draft, fans thought this was going to be another levi brown bust but he beat out jared veldheer last offseason at the LT spot before tearing his ACL. B

Round 2, Pick 58: Markus Golden
Overshadowed by shane ray but still a part of a stacked missouri pass rush, got limited starts in 2015 but blossomed in 2016 with 12.5 sacks. tore his acl this year too :( A

Round 3, Pick 86: David Johnson
Eased into the offense in 2015, exploded in 2016, literally exploded in 2017. A

Round 4, Pick 116: Rodney Gunter
Good rotational fat guy that's seen less action since 2015. Not the small school diamond in the rough like johnson but is probably an above average guy in his draft slot. B

Round 5, Pick 158: Shaquille Riddick
Home run swing that didn't work out. I think we had him for a year before we cut him. D

Round 5, Pick 159: JJ Nelson
Home run swing that did work out. Fastest guy at the combine that year and can play despite his small size. Not elite but a good 3rd option and stepped up to burn the seahawks that one time. Nicknamed the jizzle A

Round 7, Pick 256: Gerald Christian
Supposed to be a decent pick despite being the last pick in the draft but he tore his MCL and got cut. C

Trades:
No. 55: Arizona → Baltimore (D). Arizona traded this selection to Baltimore in exchange for Baltimore's 2015 second round selection and a fifth round selection (58th & 158th). A
No. 116: Cleveland → Arizona (D). Cleveland traded this selection to Arizona in exchange for Arizona's fourth, sixth and seventh round selection (123rd, 198th, & 241st). C
Gunter is fine but they paid a lot to move up 7 spots and they missed out on kwon alexander and dj alexander either of whom they could have taken instead of shaq riddick.

Overall
This draft kinda sucks with the injuries but realistically there's 5 guys I've heard of that are still on the team, 3 or 4 of which you can squint and wouldn't be totally surprised if they make the pro bowl, and one of those that's the greatest RB the team has seen. A

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Green Bay Packers, 2015:

1-30: Damarious Randall, FS. Drafted out of position, forced to play corner, locker room liability. Showed flashes his first season, was injured his second season, was outright terrible for the first few games of the '17 season before being benched and then came up with a bunch of "right place right moment" turnovers. Ultimately traded to the Browns. D

2-62: Quentin Rollins, CB. Depth. Showed nothing remarkable. At the rate he's playing, he won't get a second contract. Injured. Etc. D+

3-94: Ty Montgomery, WR. Converted to RB in 2016. Performed decently. Injured in 2017. Will end up playing a weird WR/RB swing position in '18. At least will be better than Randall Cobb at this. For where he was drafted, he's just OK but could have been much better. C-

4-129: Jake Ryan, ILB. AJ Hawk's successor in almost every single way. Slow. White. Knows the plays inside out, has trouble executing. Somehow managed a higher mark in 2017 from PFF than Blake Martinez did. Will probably get a second contract from the Packers to remain at depth. Generic. C+

5-147: Brett Hundley, QB. Three straight QB camps and offseasons of looking promising -- to the point that Packers fans were discussing trading him for a high draft pick. After Barr drove Rodgers into the ground, Hundley started 9 games in 2017. He looked dreadful. Couldn't make reads, reacted slowly to plays, threw wounded ducks all the time. At least had a decent pair of legs on him. A devastating blow to Mike McCarthy's credibility, and, ironically, makes Rodgers seem all that much better and more legendary of a QB. F

6-206: Aaron Ripkowski, FB. John Kuhn's heir apparent. Has done everything we expected out of Kuhn, save the entire stadium howling his name. Decent enough to remain a fixture in the Packers' backfield for several years hence. Will likely see more play this season as our RBBC needs a lead blocker (or two) to really function, on top of Jordy being gone opening up a swing spot in the base offense. B-

6-210: Christian Ringo, DE. Accomplished dick all. Bubble player. Forgettable. C

6-213, Kennard Backman, TE. Who? D

Despite having a significantly better 2016 (Kenny Clark, Blake Martinez) and 2017 (Josh Jones, Aaron Jones), the 2015 draft is a significant part of why Ted Thompson was forced into retirement perhaps a few years earlier than he would have preferred. None of the players drafted made major contributions to the team. A couple of them flashed potential, but after three seasons have still yet to truly demonstrate relevance to the team.

This draft looks even worse when compared to its immediate neighbors, 2016 (mentioned above), and 2014 (Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix, Davante Adams, Richard Rodgers, Corey Linsley). If Ted had connected on his swings in this draft, the Packers would likely look very different in 2017 and today.

Overall: C-. A very forgettable draft, yet hardly a disaster.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Randall was such a weird pick as an ASU fan. I guess I was aware that he was probably the #1 safety on big boards but it was such a weak class for FS centerfield types and then in the introductory press conference they said he was playing corner and it didn't make any sense

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Out of curiosity I went ahead and reviewed all the Bengals draft classes back to the realignment to four division conferences. You can very easily make the argument that this is the worst Bengals draft since then and you have to go back to like 2003 to find competition.

Bearing in mind this is including a draft class where the first round pick broke his neck, the second round pick got arrested like 43 times and the third round pick got arrested like 65 times and then died by falling off a truck.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Detroit Lions

Round 1 - Pick No. 28 (28) - OG Laken Tomlinson (Duke)

FATE: Garbage. Traded to the 49ers at the beginning of the 2017 season for a 5th round pick.

GRADE: F

Round 2 - Pick No. 22 (54) - RB Ameer Abdullah (Nebraska)

FATE: Hampered by injuries and the Lions' own garbage offensive line and running scheme. Could still be good (I want him to be good), but it's unquestionable that he's been a disappointment.

GRADE: C

Round 3 - Pick No. 16 (80) - CB Alex Carter (Stanford)

FATE: Played one game in 2016. Cut from the team.

Round 4 - Pick No. 14 (113) - DT Gabe Wright (Auburn)

FATE: Waived in 2016

Round 5 - Pick No. 32 (168) - FB Michael Burton (Rutgers)

FATE: Played in a handful of games until the Lions realized they never loving use fullbacks. Waived in 2017

Round 6 - Pick No. 24 (200) - CB Quandre Diggs (Texas)

FATE: Has had his struggles, but had a solid 2017 season as a starter, especially after being moved to safety.

GRADE: A

Round 7 - Pick No. 23 (240) - OT Corey Robinson (South Carolina)

FATE: Decent backup lineman, still on the Lions.

GRADE: B

2015 was the last draft of Millen protoge Martin Mayhew, and jesus christ what a disaster. Out of 7 players, only Diggs turned into a reliable starter, and even then it took him a while to develop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

mastershakeman posted:

Da Bears

1st Round, overall #7 WR Kevin White
The all time biggest draft bust in Bears history, barring some sort of crazy career resurgence this year. The very few times he's been on the field he looks totally lost. Missed an insane amount of games with various injuries. Absolutely terrible.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

2nd round, pick #39 DT Eddie Goldman
Pretty solid starter, not much to say about him. About what you expect from a 2nd round pick.
B

3rd round Hronis Grasu, C.
Decent depth player, got injured and lost his job to Whitehair but is probably going to start this year.
C.

4th round Jeremy Langford, RB.
Crappy RB, off the team.
D

5th round Adrian Amos, S.
Solid starter in the 5th round. I'm not totally sold on him, but the Bears have always struggled with the safety position and he's been pretty good.
A

6th round Tayo Fabuluje, T.
Never played, but he's a 6th rounder so whatever.
C

Overall Grade: C
Two quality starters and a decent depth lineman. However, the headlining pick being the all time god drat worst ever really brings this down.

I won't do one for the Bears, because you got it right.

• Locked thread