Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Y/N?
Yes!
No! I hate you!
No! I hate polls!
No! I hate you and polls!
View Results

• Locked thread
Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

Went Dez here because I am sure he'll sign somewhere on a prove it deal, and if he somehow proves it, he could have tremendous value at his draft position.

I almost went Dez, but I took my lotto pick on Ridley. He's a rookie with a great QB throwing to him and Julio will take doubles all day so he might have a good year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spermy Smurf posted:

I almost went Dez, but I took my lotto pick on Ridley. He's a rookie with a great QB throwing to him and Julio will take doubles all day so he might have a good year.

Would've taken Ridley over Dez if he fell to me. He's my favorite rookie this year.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I wonder about Dez. I've had him in a dynasty league and he hasn't been worth it since 2014. I guess there's basically not much risk at this point, but it's hard to be too enamored with a guy who was replaced by Hurns and a rookie.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Cam Meredith. I like the upside here as Brees' slot receiver if he recovers.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That's a good pick. I almost went with him over Ridley.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So with 2 big question marks as RBs 3 and 4, I decided to grab Gio. He had a good run at the end of last year, and hopefully can at least put up some decent baseline points if Michel and Foreman have issues.

Then I drafted Ted Ginn. I don't even know anymore.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Just 3 picks left. If Beer can get his in, I bet we can finish today!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We did it :toot:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Well done, everyone.

So what did we learn?

My Team:

QB: Watson
RB: Cook, Henry, Miller, Powerll, Riddick, Peterson
WR: Beckham, Stills, Hogan, Lee, Golladay
TE: Kelce

I like my team WAY more this time than last time. I think I had studied a bit more since that April mock, so I had a wider range of players I liked. For instance, my first two picks: OBJ and Cook, I was avoiding right after the NFL draft.

My RB2 is a bit of a low ceiling grab bag. I'm hoping Henry or Miller pan out, but if they don't I would not be surprised.

My WR2 slot is also a bit of a drag. Hopefully Hogan will carry me for four weeks while Golladay gets his feet under him.

I regret drafting Marquise Lee or Adrian Peterson. I thought, "hey with Murray retiring, if McCoy gets the boot Peterson will be hired by Buffalo," utterly neglecting to consider that Peterson has his own PR baggage and so the Bills probably can't touch him.

Overall, I feel I've really honed my snake drafting skills just in time for the only snake draft league I play in every year: The massive Goon Fish Bowl. Speaking of which, that fires Monday so if you haven't signed up pm me an email or send it to goonfishbowl at gmail.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
QB: Brady
RB: Zeke, Ajayi, McCaffrey
WR: Juju, Funchess, Edelman, Cobb, Shepard, Calvin Ridley, Mike Williams Jordan Matthews
TE: Reed

First 3 picks are 3 RB's that I feel pretty good about. I felt that there's enough depth for WR's but not enough bellcow backs in the league. I snagged two RB's that will get a lot of touches, and a (hopefully) PPR monster in McCaffrey.

My 4th pick was time to start taking all the WR's I could find. Juju is fine, but then Cooks was taken one pick ahead of me so I had to settle for Funchess with my 5th pick.

Grabbing Jules in the 6th is fine, despite only being around for 12 games he'll put up a whole heckin lot of points when his suspension is done. I took Brady with my next pick (74) way way way too early but I'm half-mast for the dude so I felt I had no choice. He probably would have been there by 95 but I'm still OK with it. I reached for QB which is something I told myself I wouldn't do but I am not used to drafting with anything other than filthy casuals (and their wives) in redraft leagues. Brady at 95 is a far better QB than I usually get in redraft leagues.

I then grabbed every WR I could think of who has a decent ceiling. Maybe a new QB (Sanders), maybe a new RB taking some heat from him (Shepard), or maybe his BFF left so he's gonna be a lock for WR2 on a high powered offense (Cobb). I took Jordan Reed in there because I didn't have a TE and he was too good (sitting there in the 11th round) to pass up.

A lotto pick of Ridley, a probably bad pick of Mike Williams, and a dumb pick of Jordan Matthews rounded out a pretty decent team I think. I'm weak on WR, but once Edelman comes back it'll shore up quickly I think.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
QB: Big Ben (11.7)
RB: Kamara (1.7), Duke Johnson (6.6), CJA (8.6), Jamaal Williams (9.7), Dixon (13.7)
WR: AJ Green (2.6), Diggs (3.7), Marvin Jones (4.6), Watkins (5.7), Crowder (7.7), M. Bryant (12.6)
TE: Brate (10.6)

IMHO
Value: Duke, CJA, Bryant, QB
Reach: Marvin Jones, Watkins

I ended up playing this almost zero RB after my first pick. I feel good about my starting lineup but my depth is pretty shaky and I'm not sure I'm a Brate believer for this year (unless Howard takes another year to reach super saiyan).
Rounds 4 and 5 were rough for me... I had great choices earlier and later but right in that middle section when trying to round out my RB/WR starters I hit a bit of a wall. I'm not a Jones truther... I honestly can't remember why I made that pick. I am a Watkins truther but both of those could have been top tier TEs or QBs, but I was dead set on waiting for QB and TE until late to see what shook out.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
QB: Wilson
RB: Kareem Hunt, Kenyan Drake, Sony Michel, D'Onta Foreman, Gio Bernard
WR: Keenan Allen, Josh Gordon, Robby Anderson, Marquise Goodwin, Allen Hurns, Ted Ginn
TE: RSJ

I'm reasonably happy with this team. I feel like WR is a strength, naturally QB as well. I'm pleased with Hunt and Drake for RB1 and 2, after that it's a little dicey. Generally, I thought some RBs might fall a little bit with the WR-heavier format, but they just didn't. I think Hurns has a real chance to outperform his draft position. The big question is whether I'd be happier overall if I'd not grabbed Wilson, and grabbed Duke or Coleman and then just grabbed Ryan or Rivers or Goff or something instead of Gio. Probably not really in this case. In a regular draft though that's probably not Wilson I'm taking there in 6, it's probably some other doofus like Cousins. If that was the case, I'd probably rather go RB. As it is, if Michel or Foreman pan out, I feel like this could be a really good team. I'd roll into the season cautiously optimistic with this one.

LesBeardly
Jul 4, 2010

BEST BALLS ON SA AWARD
QB: Matty Ice
RB: Gurley, Shady, Coleman, White, Mack
WR: Cooks, Crabtree, Sanders, Matthews, Westbrook, Allison
TE: Gronk

Gurley and Gronk is a nice combo so I'm happy. I'm expecting shady to end up suspended with his recent news so my curse continues, but coleman is fine to step in and my WR depth is good enough to flex someone. I usually get balanced rosters so my WR starters look pretty ugly but hopefully the other guys make up for it.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes
RB: David Johnson, Jordan Howard, Carlos Hyde, Doug Martin
WR: Tyreek Hill, Golden Tate, Pierre Garcon, Dez Bryant, Kelvin Benjamin
TE: Jimmy Graham, Tyler Eifert

I'm pretty happy with my draft at the top. David Johnson and Jordan Howard are a solid 1/2 pinch at running back. I love my value of Rodgers on the fifth.

I'm not as high on my receivers and in hindsight, I don't think I like the Graham pick either. Garcon, Dez and Eifert make me feel better about it overall.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
QB: Kirk Cousins (9), Andrew Luck (10)
RB: Melvin Gordon (1), Rashaad Penny (3), Royce Freeman (5), Isaiah Crowell (8), Chris Ivory (13)
WR: Michael Thomas (2), Larry Fitzgerald (4), Corey Davis (6), DeVante Parker (7), Keelan Cole (12)
TE: Trey Burton (11)

My goals before the draft were to spend the first nine picks on RB/WR to see what happened. I made it one round short, snagging a solid QB1 and a top-three QB upside guy.

To be honest I thought this was going to be a 14 round draft and had planned on taking my very big strong man Eric Ebron in the 14th.

My WRs are all upside after the top two, but I like the upside of the three guys I have after Fitz.

My RBs could be a mess or I could have 3 top-eighteen RBs in Gordon/Penny/Freeman. Crowell is a wasted pick in the eighth round, but was a casualty of trying to wait on QB & TE. It was a stupid pick. Ivory was because with literally the last pick I could see what's up with who could be a clear-cut starter.

I don't think I hit it out of the park, but I don't think I vomited all over myself (except forgetting how many rounds there were :laffo: )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

QB: Brees
RB: Mixon, Guice, Kerryon Johnson
WR: AB,Evans, Arob, Kupp, Doctson, Meredith, Lockett, Gallup
TE: Engram.

I love my draft. Weakest at RB but I have faith two of those 3 will get 15+ touches a week and be productive. I may have taken Engram a turn early, but I like his upside as an easy TE1.

WR core is really good. I think Evans rebounds this year as a WR1, arob has wr1 upside. Kupp feels like a safe WR2. The rest are mostly ceiling picks - Meredith with brees throwing him the ball; maybe doctson will finally hit his potential; someone other than Baldwin needs targets in SEA and depending on return yard scoring Lockett may already have value. Gallup - again, someone will need targets in DAL.

• Locked thread