Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I used to enjoy how long it took to get to islands. I would turn my wavebird off and then try to slightly hold the c-stick while turning it back on so the camera would slowly rotate across the horizon really dramatically.

Combining this in my mind with the Wormskull post about sitting in the dark calling yourself a badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

In Training posted:

I used to enjoy how long it took to get to islands. I would turn my wavebird off and then try to slightly hold the c-stick while turning it back on so the camera would slowly rotate across the horizon really dramatically.

slowly panning and tilting the camera jsut right so you end on link's determined steering expression and feeling the epicness of the ocean 💯

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Combining this in my mind with the Wormskull post about sitting in the dark calling yourself a badass

He was calling one of his virtual draft picd in madden a badass iirc

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It was ESPN 2K5.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

When will sony stop patching the vita so i can hack it and play the 0 games they ever made for it. unrelated to the OP i suppose

if you have had plus they've given away every single vita game except P4G

i tried playing the uncharted game from it and i can't finish it due to it requiring every single vita flaky hw feature for the sick mini games like "rubbing dirt off a card using the rear touch pad"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

The Milkman posted:

if you have had plus they've given away every single vita game except P4G

i tried playing the uncharted game from it and i can't finish it due to it requiring every single vita flaky hw feature for the sick mini games like "rubbing dirt off a card using the rear touch pad"

I've had the Vita since launch and to this day I don't know if the glossy part of the back or the matte ovals are the touch areas

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

is that a ps vita

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just got a Switch this week so this is cool lol. It's going to be an amazing emulator machine

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Not Switch news but this is insane to me -- some people have managed to decompile Metroid Prime and are making progress on a source port that runs natively on PCs. Apparently whatever they've hacked together with Retro's engine is also applicable to Donkey Kong Returns so that could end up getting PC ported as well

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Not Switch news but this is insane to me -- some people have managed to decompile Metroid Prime and are making progress on a source port that runs natively on PCs. Apparently whatever they've hacked together with Retro's engine is also applicable to Donkey Kong Returns so that could end up getting PC ported as well

That's awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

What is wrong with that guy's FOV lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
setting new speedrun records by making the screen longer so alucard is running faster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wow, huge news everybody. I'm proud to say we managed to get our hands on a pristine, original print of Citizen Kane! Our restoration is going swimmingly, and we should hopefully have the full version available some time in the fall. In the meantime, here's a sneak peak of one of the film's more iconic scenes to get an idea for how much better this restoration will look:

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

In Training posted:

Wow, huge news everybody. I'm proud to say we managed to get our hands on a pristine, original print of Citizen Kane! Our restoration is going swimmingly, and we should hopefully have the full version available some time in the fall. In the meantime, here's a sneak peak of one of the film's more iconic scenes to get an idea for how much better this restoration will look:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lmao

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

goferchan posted:

https://tcrf.net/Pikmin/Windows_Executable

A windows port of pikmin was hidden on the disc

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I saw that painting when I went to London a couple of years ago along with this one

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

This should be the new post divider thing

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Why do people care about PC ports of GC/Wii games when Dolphin can run them already at 4k/120fps?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cobalt Viper posted:

Why do people care about PC ports of GC/Wii games when Dolphin can run them already at 4k/120fps?

playing metroid prime with wasd+mouse aim

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

typing it out i realized how fail that is lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

That's exactly why it's such an insane stunt lol, what they're doing is extremely time and labor intensive and mostly pointless . Theoretically the system requirements would be MUCH lower (like, hardware on par with the Gamecube, which is one half of a Wii or 1/4 of a Wii U) to play the port as opposed to emulating so I guess there is a small advantage there

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
*carefully unscrews the back of a nintendo switch and holds it up, 8 gamecubes and a original game boy somehow fall out*

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I still am amazed to this day that the Wii U is backwards compatible with a system from 2001, and it's not even an advertised feature simply because the drive can't accept smaller discs (a 30 cent increase in cost per unit)

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I still am amazed to this day that the Wii U is backwards compatible with a system from 2001, and it's not even an advertised feature simply because the drive can't accept smaller discs (a 30 cent increase in cost per unit)

I assume they just made it a perfect Wii emulator and the Wii was already perfect cube emulator so it just happened

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Wii is just in the Wii U, the disc drive was the only part obstructing GameCube games working. It's why it's not like some hacky homebrew emu, youbjust load gamecube games with an SD card and they work flawlessly. I replayed TTYD on the Wii U pad and it was wonderful

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

The Wii is just in the Wii U, the disc drive was the only part obstructing GameCube games working. It's why it's not like some hacky homebrew emu, youbjust load gamecube games with an SD card and they work flawlessly. I replayed TTYD on the Wii U pad and it was wonderful

That's what's even crazier to me. On the Wii, you were pretty limited in GameCube mode even when hacked. It took like 7 years for hackers to figure out how to get the USB port to stay on in GameCube mode (I actually gave up on waiting for it at one point and bought an optical drive emulator just to stick a hard drive in my Wii's disc drive spot for GameCube rips). But even with the USB thing being figured out you were never able to use a classic controller in GameCube mode because they never figured out how to enable Bluetooth in GameCube mode. But on the WiiU in GameCube mode I can use a loving PS3 controller :psyduck:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i never bothered to hack my wii/u no matter what firmware i was on because dolphin was so good so early

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

*carefully unscrews the back of a nintendo switch and holds it up, 8 gamecubes and a original game boy somehow fall out*

this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

• Locked thread