Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Heat death of the universe makes me sad.

you wont see it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Lime Tonics posted:

you wont see it

that cheered us all up thanks for the positive spin

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

extra stout posted:

that cheered us all up thanks for the positive spin

its like 17 billi0n years

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Lime Tonics posted:

its like 17 billi0n years

haha way to be off by like 10 or 100 orders of magnitude iddunno stupid fgt

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

china bot posted:

every day that i awake to a purposeless life

Global warming.

Sentinel fucked around with this message at 09:33 on May 12, 2018

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
I feel like it's still too early to bank on the heat death of the universe i feel there are too many gaps in our knowledge for us to say for sure. Note when I say "our knowledge" I'm mean "top experts" i'm dumb as all gently caress

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

lol but seriously I posted:

I feel like it's still too early to bank on the heat death of the universe i feel there are too many gaps in our knowledge for us to say for sure. Note when I say "our knowledge" I'm mean "top experts" i'm dumb as all gently caress

My fiance is a weatherman and he said the great thing about a life-ending solar flare is by the time we knew it happened, we'd already be in the process of dying, which is for the better because there's exactly nothing we could do about it. We even had a near miss in 2012 that wouldn't have been "extinction" level but would have had a worldwide catastrophic impact.

(edit)

Here is a great simplified article about how thoroughly we can be destroyed by space weather https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2014/23jul_superstorm

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

JnnyThndrs posted:

I have an old cedar chest with all my photographs, important papers and such in it, and I decided to organize it a bit rather than just have a giant pile of crap.

When I started sorting/dating/tagging the old pictures, it struck me that, since my son died last year, there’s nobody left who will give a poo poo about any of the people in these photos after my demise, so what’s the point?

I gave up and just chucked everything back in the chest, gently caress it.

This is P brutal. You're more than welcome to the club.

• Locked thread