Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
The proposal by Swaggy was some of the most uncomfortable poo poo I've seen. I had to look away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I did love Angela's "Really, a proposal?"

My guess is Ross will take over as the host.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

So, in terms of BB (US/NA style) we have CBBUS2 coming up this winter (will it be in Feb. like last year?) and then BBCAN7 is normally in March, right?

I need Big Brother all the time!

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Robnoxious posted:

Now that Chenbot-Moonves is "on the block" who will host the show?
That's really the question on everyone's mind.

What does this mean?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I haven't watched it so take whatever i say with a massive grain of salt.

I think Kaycee is a perfectly ok winner and its what I was kind of expecting. Tyler played a very good manipulation game but he burned nearly everyone out the door and didn't seem to have that think you need to salve it. Brett might have had it, so Tyler's best move was probably getting him out. But he should have got Kaycee out of there too because she just didn't burn people the way he did. I think he wins against JC or Angela pretty handily. PROBABLY Brett but it would have been a gamble that he doesn't charm the jury. But Kaycee - boring she may be - was always the perfect mix of inoffensive, kinda likable, and solid game to upset Tyler.

I don't think that's some indictment of the game no matter what Dan or anyone else says. Burn the jury, you lose. That's been true since the beginning. I don't see how the game has somehow changed in that regard when Nicole lost to Will in BB2 because she burned people too much and Danielle lost to Lisa because she poo poo talked everyone. Jun and Alison went to the end with each other because they were both equally bloody. Its always been the game. Nothing's really changed except that there's a generation of BB players trying to be the next Will, Dan, or Derrick and just not doing a good job because they don't understand the Jury part of the game. The Hantz Generation.

Viktor posted:

Why does Tyler think it’s so impressive he never used his power

He was revealing that a lot in the goodbye messages and i think he saw it as a way to boast about what a good game he played never having to use it but be subtle about it. But this cast didn't really get "subtle" cues and I don't think it totally works since Tyler had to win 2 key POVs to save himself while he had it, so he wasn't coasting.

Orange Sunshine posted:

What does this mean?

There's a ton of speculation that Julie Chen is on her way out. She left The Talk and oddly did the "Julie Chen Moonves" thing towards the end of the season. In case you don't know, her husband is Leslie Moonves who was the CEO of CBS until a month ago when he resigned/was fired amidst a ton of sexual harassment/abuse claims. Chen appears to be "standing by her man" so might be done at CBS.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Sep 28, 2018

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I was really disappointed that Tyler didn't burn Kacey when he had the chance. He should have booted her right out the door instead of Brett at the DE.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Victorkm posted:

I was really disappointed that Tyler didn't burn Kacey when he had the chance. He should have booted her right out the door instead of Brett at the DE.

I don't think Tyler realized that Kacey was his biggest threat.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Orange Sunshine posted:

He should have

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

JakeP posted:

He should have

Yup. Doesn’t matter how great a game you play if you have abysmal jury management

Absolute Zero
Mar 12, 2007

Best QB in Arizona history*

*projected

Robnoxious posted:

Now that Chenbot-Moonves is "on the block" who will host the show?
That's really the question on everyone's mind.

Arisa Cox please

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Absolute Zero posted:

Arisa Cox please
I'm thinking Davina McCall (UK) or Gretel Killeen (AUS)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ok, I finally watched the finale (and jury segments) so I can actually comment without being completely full of poo poo (only like half now).

- CBS streaming is terrible. I swear I had to watch 20 minutes of commercials to get to the jury segments.

- I don't like JC but he did provide probably my 2 most entertained moments of the second half of the season. The first being that look on his face during the DE when he figured out what had gone wrong, and the second was Julie having no idea whatsoever what to do with him during his eviction interview. That was a summer if JC gametalks all in Chebnot's face at once.

- Kaycee MIGHT have made a mistake taking Tyler over JC (although obviously it worked out). I'm not sure though. Since a big part of her push was that she played a loyal game taking Tyler to the end kind of closes that argument while taking JC might have been one too weasely a move and if the jury judged on those standards maybe JC wins? I dunno. Obviously it worked out.

- Tyler and Kaycee both did a terrible job with the Jury Speeches. Too rehearsed and forcing their final pleas instead of actually addressing people. BB Jury questioning kind of sucks anyway but you gotta try and make some kind of personal connection and address people's problems. But I think it benefited Kaycee that her story was very simple. "Loyal, social." Tyler tried to explain a season's worth of backstabs, schemes, and antics in a flustered rush. Like, the Power App thing is a good example. I think Tyler was over inflating how important that was but he also just didn't properly explain it to the Jury so I don't know that they even know what it was. This is why it pays to break the truth to Jurors BEFORE they get evicted when you have time to explain it and they have time to process it.

- "I fought with you because I needed an enemy in the Jury" was a curious approach.

- The vote went more or less how I expected. Haleigh was always kind of a gamebot so it made sense she picked the gamebot, JC and Angela are in love with Tyler, and Brett is the type to prefer the [i]guy[i] who beat him be the winner to make himself feel better. Everyone else was just burned by Tyler and/or had a reason to prefer Kaycee's social and (mostly) clean game. I was a little unsure how Bayleigh or Sam would go (and on the other side was unsure about Brett and Haleigh) but that's kind of what most watchers seemed to be anticipating the last few weeks of the season as Kaycee built her resume up and Tyler burned his jury management.

- Mildly disappointed we didn't get a "What's Wrong With Angela?" segment but that was a long time ago and its probably healthy that Rachel isn't holding a massive grudge from some person she barely knew 3 months ago. It just would have been funny, but ah well.

- Goodbye and good riddance, BB20. You had a fun start but you evicted all the crazy people pre-jury and kept just dumb people. It was a loooooooooong ride. See you next summer.

Orange Sunshine posted:

I just don't think he ever really grasped the concept of Jury Management, period. Tyler went in thinking "I'm the mastermind" and never got to "I burned the poo poo out of the Jury, maybe I should take someone else who did too."

• Locked thread