Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
Yes, but it's a secret.
View Results

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I picked this game up again and was hoping to connect with a Goon alliance.
My roster power(?) is just over 5 MM. Unfortunately, it's mostly packed with non-meta poo poo but I can at least soak some decent power teams in alliance wars.
So long as I'm active, I promise to stay in my raid lanes and push my buttons to punch the bad people.

It's kinda lovely that I keep running into teams I can't beat that are like 300k lower in power than my somewhat decent arena team, but I guess that's just how Scopely makes money, right?

While I'm getting my account sorted, just wondering if we should make a new thread? The OP is well out of date and it looks like ICR hasn't posted on SA in months?

tadashi fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Most everyone playing MSF is over on the goon gaming discord in the strike force channel. ICR is there and keeps a goon guide updated for us.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

tadashi posted:

I picked this game up again and was hoping to connect with a Goon alliance.
My roster power(?) is just over 5 MM. Unfortunately, it's mostly packed with non-meta poo poo but I can at least soak some decent power teams in alliance wars.
So long as I'm active, I promise to stay in my raid lanes and push my buttons to punch the bad people.

It's kinda lovely that I keep running into teams I can't beat that are like 300k lower in power than my somewhat decent arena team, but I guess that's just how Scopely makes money, right?

I Am Goon has a slot! We're pretty laid back so the total power is fine, just play n' stuff is all we really ask. We're public so you should be able to just join up without an invite.

And yeah the power numbers for teams are pretty deceptive at this point, especially depending on game mode. There are a ton of teams that have mode-specific buff and normal synergies that just aren't taken account in the numbers, which are only really an indicator of base stats. The more team synergies they have,t he less the numbers tell you.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

NmareBfly posted:

I Am Goon has a slot! We're pretty laid back so the total power is fine, just play n' stuff is all we really ask. We're public so you should be able to just join up without an invite.

And yeah the power numbers for teams are pretty deceptive at this point, especially depending on game mode. There are a ton of teams that have mode-specific buff and normal synergies that just aren't taken account in the numbers, which are only really an indicator of base stats. The more team synergies they have,t he less the numbers tell you.

Oh i never knew we were public so I always figured they were just goons i didn't recognize their names.

And yea I'm really bad at team building and going by what pushes my poo poo in doesn't work because its almost always event or paywalled characters. I mean paywalled as they were only available as orbs that had a very limited availability that you could never hope to get to 7* without spending money. I'm so tired of being smushed by Infinity Watch and teams made up of Cersei, Ikaris, Deathpool, Cloak and Dagger.

venom3053000
Dec 29, 2013
Recently got Strike Force and I have to ask is there something am just not getting about Hammer of Gods because that second mission is kicking my butt

The mission says there in the 2000s but their ripping though my guys who are in the 3000 like paper

Ubersandwich
Jun 1, 2003

I'm new, there's a lot to follow. It looks like I should be leveling up to unlock content, but generally is it better to unlock more characters or add stars to existing ones? I'm learning towards "A", but I'm not sure about efficiency.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I don't think I can help much with hammer of the gods. Usually with those it's drop the difficulty or level up. Using characters that give each other bonuses helps a lot.

If you're just starting, what you should do depends on what you're going for. If you want to be active in pvp or raids then it's best to get the newest characters and focus on just one raid team. If you just wanna play for fun, then get your favorite characters and level them up.

You also need to unlock and level up some characters in order to unlock others. So it's usually best to plan out who you want before you invest resources.

Gooses and Geeses
Jan 1, 2005

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I LISTEN?
Just found this thread and joined I am Goon as "Jelq".

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I guess I never followed up on my last post.
I Am Goon currently full but I'll keep my eye on it.

The last post about "how do I start" is 4 months old, but here's an older but decent beginner's guide to team building:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUxKe4d1Ll0

I would ignore his video on

I definitely think Kree Minions prioritizing is still viable.
It unlocks Nick Fury who who has a lot of synergies and he's great.

I'm actually impressed at the amount of characters who are farmable soonish after release now, thanks to the Scourge events.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 30, 2023

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
I'm sure we can find a spot for you, there's always at least one or two people that have been idle for a few weeks.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

How is raiding in I Am Goon?
Not trying to sound like a Try Hard, but I'm at a point where I really need teal gear raid orbs to help me advance in the game.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

30% on Incursion 1 normal (we could maybe get 60% with more coordination?) and we're starting to work on Incursion 2.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Scopely currently getting roasted on Reddit for the changes to the scourge milestones.
This game gets more like SW:GoH all the time, if you ask me.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

tadashi posted:

Scopely currently getting roasted on Reddit for the changes to the scourge milestones.
This game gets more like SW:GoH all the time, if you ask me.

I recently dropped that because i realized i had not progressed in months. I just did the dailies and any new character events that popped up but I couldn't even think of doing anything else because I lacked the huge gear levels you needed to even think about doing the latest content and gearing up is a real pain in GoH. I literally spend 20k crystals to level up my arena team, and it increased their power by 1000. Yea, gently caress that poo poo.

This is the worst thing is leveling. Training widgets are way to hard to get, but at least i have completed most of the training daily challenge so i get gold ones every second day which is at least 1 level for over 90 characters. I have so much high level gear just laying around because my characters are all sitting at level 1.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I recently dropped that because i realized i had not progressed in months. I just did the dailies and any new character events that popped up but I couldn't even think of doing anything else because I lacked the huge gear levels you needed to even think about doing the latest content and gearing up is a real pain in GoH. I literally spend 20k crystals to level up my arena team, and it increased their power by 1000. Yea, gently caress that poo poo.

This is the worst thing is leveling. Training widgets are way to hard to get, but at least i have completed most of the training daily challenge so i get gold ones every second day which is at least 1 level for over 90 characters. I have so much high level gear just laying around because my characters are all sitting at level 1.

That was my complaint about GoH: it would take like 5 years to get to the legendary characters from my account that I actively played for years.
You spend all your time grinding little things and they don't add up to a hill of beans and that's how the scourges are now, imo. I was lucky to get all the horsemen unlocked before the changes, so there's no reason to do anything now that the milestones are completely out of reach unless I just want to start dumping resources into completely garbage teams.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

Now that LOTR HoME is officially dead, I guess I'll come slinking back to MSF. I joined as Harthel last night. I heard they did something to make getting the Horsemen even worse??

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

Brass posted:

Now that LOTR HoME is officially dead, I guess I'll come slinking back to MSF. I joined as Harthel last night. I heard they did something to make getting the Horsemen even worse??

Legendary Trials (Nova, Black Cat and Green Goblin Classic)and Horsemen are now on a permanent rotating basis, every week. Which means that to get shards, you need to hit a milestone instead of getting both milestone rewards and participation leaderboard awards. And the milestones don't reset, so you are forced to build the required teams to high levels to max out your characters instead of just playing and slowly getting something.

Brass
Oct 30, 2011

Uhhlive posted:

Legendary Trials (Nova, Black Cat and Green Goblin Classic)and Horsemen are now on a permanent rotating basis, every week. Which means that to get shards, you need to hit a milestone instead of getting both milestone rewards and participation leaderboard awards. And the milestones don't reset, so you are forced to build the required teams to high levels to max out your characters instead of just playing and slowly getting something.

That sucks rear end, I stopped playing at the worst time I guess. I have a few shards for most of those trial characters from being able to hit the first milestone (pre-change) along with the bonus, but I wasn't even able to hit Milestone 1 on the ones I attempted. Can anyone recommend any guides on minimum requirements to reach the new milestones, at least to unlock? Are the orbs also locked behind the milestones? If so, that seems super weird.

Also, I'm wondering if I Am Goon has any raid assignments I should be aware of, not that I can do much of anything at my level (83). I finally got my streak started so I'm able to sim when I meet the requirements. Once I'm 85 I can reach the G16 requirement for the Gamma raid that we run, guess I won't be completing my daily raid objectives until then... What team(s) should I take to G16 first for Gamma raid purposes? Is there a way to share my roster? Does this link to my msf.gg roster work for others?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

We don't really have raid assignments for, well, anything, just pick a spot and have at it. For gamma specifically? Don't worry about it this cycle, but maybe bulk up your Avengers/Soider-Verse to take a few cracks at one of the outer lanes? Though I also kind of hate recommending that because those middle Infestation/Wakanda/Kree/Pym Tech lanes are a hateful waste of resources imo.