Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SammichBacon
Nov 11, 2013

gary oldmans diary posted:

that is a cute baby

Yes, congrats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

A Tad Ghostal posted:

contrary to what all these steakheads think, the real cause is simple

your son is a lizard person

sorry but you fell prey to the oldest trick in the book. the lizard person(s) switched your real baby out at birth for one of their cleverly disguised own.

Lizard-people don't do that.

Elves do that. Lizards wear human-skin and have high fire resistance, elves switch babies and get a bonus to charisma and agility. That's why the baby is cute and impossible to contain.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

tino posted:

First of all, the baby is fine. Here is what happened. On Wednesday my wife was cooking in the kitchen so she put our 8-month old infant in the crib. Usually he takes a morning nap at 11 and another one in the afternoon. She heard a soft bang sound and ran back to the bedroom, and saw the baby playing on the floor mat next to the crib. As far as she could tell, the baby climbed over the rail guard and land on the bag of dirty clothes, and rolled onto the floor mat. There was no burst on the baby and the landing sound was not loud. See diagram

We have standard sized crib and standard size rail guard. I recently removed all the spacers under the mattress so it sat on the bottom of the crib. If I want the mattress any lower I would have to saw off the bottom. The fence is as high as his lip, in fact he uses the fence for teething. The guy just start leaning to stand leaning against things about 1 month ago, which he does all the time. He can't walk yet, I understand baby start to walk around 12 months. So...how the heck did he went from standing with support to climbing? When we are playing with him in the larger fenced up play mat, he never exhibited any motion of put one foot up to climb.

My wife and me discussed it a few times and we still couldn't believe that he climbed out of it himself. Of course my wife could be pranking me but she is alien to the concept of practical prank. She texted me right after it happened and she was scared. So that left to the only explanation that the baby climbed out of the 2-feet height rail guard himself. I searched "baby climbing crib" videos on youtube, and they are much older babies, like at least one and a half year old. I am not taking any chance. I ordered a mosquito net and I am going to make my wife wrap it around the crib when she is cooking.

What do other parent-goon think? Is my baby a ninja? Did my future son visited me with a time machine and put his past self on the flood? Am I thinking too much? I haven't post a new thread in GBS since forever so you guys can have at it.

A g-g-g-g-ghost!

Your son is a changling.

Rivethead posted:

Coat your baby liberally with PAM before slipping him into the crib. Problem solved.

This also works on changlings

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok so now I just want an Ocean’s movie but with your baby instead of the normal “lithe & wily Asian” character

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

My theory is either you married a cunningly disguised ape or your wife cheated on you with a monkey.

Ahh what?

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

The babe is a man/monkey hybrid, a humanzee, an unholy amalgam of beast and boy, a babyboon.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Lacey posted:

He's using those green things (what are they??) to support his feet and pull himself up and over. Take them off.

Saw the title, saw the pictures, came to post this.

Look at the crib without the cushions: large straight rail that is hard for small hands to grasp. Up and down rails with no real purchase.

With the cushions there is now a perfect climbing surface added. Soft and malleable for gripping and getting purchase with feet. It hangs a few inches lower. There's even nice bulbous knobs right at the top for the final heave-ho over the edge.

Send the pic to the crib manufacturer and ask what they think.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
It is entirely possible. There is a documentary on Amazon Prime about this kind of behavior.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0683230/

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fancy_Breakfast posted:

Your baby looks like Elon Musk... :staredog:

elon musk looks like a baby

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Harness with bungee strap. Baby climbs out of crib, dangles feet for dogs to lick.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Cps finds baby, mom reading gbs

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I actually picked her up and threw her on the floor. I'm the closet monster.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Don't be lenient just because it's his first escape

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

My kid fell out of the crib around that age I just heard a thump and some crying he's fine though

He just wanted to suffer a traumatic head injury at a young age like his dad did.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

As at least one other poster suggested you need to remove the hanging green blankets. They are helping him climb out plus they are not safe, they are a suffocation hazard. There is a reason cribs don't have solid walls.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
You should foster dependancy now so he'll never leave your house till his mid thirties

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

What an ugly baby

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
you gon die op.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nPwGHbNdmA

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Start playing anime for the baby to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

The babe is a man/monkey hybrid, a humanzee, an unholy amalgam of beast and boy, a babyboon.

I remember seeing a tv special about Oliver the Humanzee and it gave me the howling fantods

• Locked thread