Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.

peanut posted:

Oh yeah Body Worlds kicked rear end. What a job...
https://bodyworlds.com/plastination/plastination-technique/

honey mummy is a little too spooky for me

Weren't some of the body worlds cadavers taken without consent/from political prisoners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

That was the Chinese knockoff Body Worlds

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Foreskin Problems posted:

Weren't some of the body worlds cadavers taken without consent/from political prisoners?

Hey, since we just killed you for disagreeing with the government, can we use your corpse for a kickass display?

*moves corpse's lips around and speaks in a high falesetto* "Sure thing, buckaroo! Also, you are totally cool and handsome!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Man, turns out mummies rarely curse and are pretty eager to please

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Man, turns out mummies rarely curse and are pretty eager to please

That's why we call them MILFs: "Mummies I'd Like to beFriend"

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Alhazred posted:

The screaming mummy:

Most likely prince Pentawere who had to kill himself after he participated in the assassination of his father Pharaoh Ramesses III. The reason the mummy is "screaming" is because it was intentionally sloppily mummified, it was just left out to dry before they poured resin down his mouth and as a result the face strained into a "scream". To top it off he was wrapped in sheepskin which was considered ritually impure in ancient Egypt.

Because the ancient egyptian mummies were wrapped in bandages.

Kind of a brutal own more than they could have ever dreamed of.

2000 years later

"whats up with that guy?"

"Oh that guy was an rear end in a top hat"

He probably looking at another hundred years of getting owned too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Ancient Egyptians didn't just mummify cats, they loved them so much. A certain fellow named Prince Thutmose had a cat named "Ta-Miut", loosely translated as "Princess Meow-Meow", and buried her in a beautifully carved tomb.

quote:

The Text of the Lid
Center:
Words spoken by Osiris, Ta-Miaut
I bristle before the Sky, and its parts that are upon (it).
I myself am placed among the imperishable ones that are in the Sky,
(For) I am Ta-Miaut, the Triumphant.

Left Side of Lid:
Made under the administration of the eldest son of the King, beloved by him, leader of craftsmen, the priest Thutmose.

Right side of lid:
Made under the administration of the son of the King, Overseer of the prophets of Upper and Lower Egypt, leader of craftsmen, the priest Thutmose.

• Locked thread