Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Team: 1

Black Widow: The two of them pause and turn to you. The smile from one with the knife drops as she takes a look at the cracks on the ground. "Oh. Hey. See Romy, I guesse Sang does have something to do with her and her friends!" Romy looks at her and shakes her head, and she pauses. "Uh...anyway, Black Widow right?" They both step away from the door and look at you two. Romy focuses on Titan while the knife woman smirks at you. "Yeah I'm real scared of a child who can grow a Halloween costume and only punches people. How will I ever handle that with knives and guns?" Do you accept her words?

If you accept her words, shift Freak up and Danger down

Titan: Romy reaches in her jacket and pulls out a gigantic pistol. She aims it right at you. What do you do?

Prototype: "Of course." But you know he's going to ask you for something in return, and sure enough - "But call them when you talk to them about this. I'd like to listen in and see what they have to say." What do you do?

Lucky Star: He sighs. "Yeah. Here you go." He hands it to you, and looks you in the eye. "Anne, you can't put yourself at risk like this. Dai Ushi is looking for the people causing her trouble, and anyone helping them. If she ever found out who you are, how do you image that playing out? You can help the people in your life by being there for them." He absoluety wants you to give up being Lucky Star and go back to a normal life. Do you accept his words?

If you accept his words, shift Mundane up and Savior down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Danger -2 | Freak +1 | Savior +3 | Superior +3 | Mundane -2 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty

That's going a bit far in terms of how much I'm willing to be micro-managed. I cast around for a diplomatic way to say 'no'.

"Um...I think it might be better if I handled this in person. Probably the whole team at once, so that I don't risk getting witness contamination, or whatever it's called. I can record the meeting for you, if you like."

That seems like a pretty good compromise, but I don't know if he's in a compromising mood.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

TITAN
Danger +2 | Freak +1 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None

As soon as the gun is leveled at me, reactions take over, and I slip to the side, out of the path of fire. Then, I lunge forward, grabbing Rory's face and letting my momentum carry us to the ground, where I slam her into the pavement. I stand back up, and growl "You can think whatever you want about... Sang, you said? Anyway, think whatever you want. Just do it somewhere else. Not gonna ask nice again."

God, I hope they don't take the hint. The blood pounding in my ears is a drumbeat demanding to know why I stopped from twisting these two thugs into a pretzle. But I want to show Black Widow that I'm reliable, so I don't want to cause more trouble unless we have to.

got a 13 on directly engage, so I'll avoid her blows and impress/surprise/frighten.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 27, 2019

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

Oh my god. I am so loving sick of these two-bit punks thinking that a piece makes them hot poo poo. Idiots thinking like these two are what blew up my goddamn apartment and started this mess for me in the first place. I flip them the bird, right about the time that Titan loving bodies Rory. That gives me a moment to figure out how to best jump in and finish the job, but-

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 10:33 PM
@Black Widow: 2d6 Reject = (1+4) = 5

Potential, but I shift and mark Insecure.

Goddamnit, why are they right. I've proven I'm a badass, especially with the Russians, but I can't take an army. If they flood the streets with guns, what can I really do?

I shake the thoughts out, at least for now, and charge the one with the knife. No matter what they think of me, I do have an edge that they don't know about : I can fuckin' see everything they're going to do. Stab, slash, flip the knife and aim for a tendon? Fat chance. I push her hand aside as she tries for the stab, duck under the slash, and send her flying with a wicked uppercut to the chin. I crack my neck back and forth, then give Titan a quick thumbs-up. I say, "No secret that this block is getting squeezed both ways. Why don't you gently caress off? What's the use of paying protection money when you can't even claim the turf properly?"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 10:57 PM
@Black Widow: 2d6+1 DE the other one = (4+3)+1 = 8

Resisting blows.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
For entering a battle against dangerous foes as a team, add 2 to the Team pool. You also get 1 for Black Widow having Influence over Titan and 1 for having the same purpose in the fight for a total of 4 additional team

Team: 5

Prototype: He thinks on that. "All right. But see if you can focus on Alexa. She's the one I'm most interested in." What do you do?

Titan: As the gun fires, you hear screams from inside the restaurant as people realize what's going on outside. You slam into the ground with Romy, and she lets out a wheeze as she bounces on the ground. You see her trying to figure out how to deal with this whole situation now.

Romy marks Insecure

She fires a shot into the window as she flips herself up. Everyone begins panicking as she jumps through the weakened glass away from you, and they start to run for any exit they can find. Romy looks around, sees Sang Chung frozen in surprise, and begins to head towards him. What do you do?

Black Widow: As she goes flying back into the nearby wall, the woman hurls the knife at you. "poo poo!" She shouts as you move aside. She leans against the wall, and takes a quick look over when Romy shatters the glass. She turns to you still smiling - but you can see genuine rage in her eyes.

Yuuko marks Angry

"Don't think we need your advice. But if you want things to get worse for Sang, then go ahead - keep pushing. How badly do you want him to get hurt when we bring him in?" She beckons for you to come at her with her hand. What do you do?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Danger -2 | Freak +1 | Savior +3 | Superior +3 | Mundane -2 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Guilty

Oh, I was already planning on it. His interest in her will be an excuse to blind him to any issues we might be having through the magic of selective editing. I deliberately make a face like I'm considering being difficult, and then change my mind.

"Alright, fine. I'll get some recording gear set up. In the meantime maybe you'd like to do something useful instead of obsessing about me teammates? Software is more your forte than human resources, so take a look at this algorithm I've been using to try and reduce that cross-fade issue I was telling you about. It's intermittent, but it seems to be prioritizing messages from certain sectors and targets above the ones I've selected, and increasing the gain somewhere into the z-band of [untranslatable technobabble]."

I am attempting to Provoke Brass to focus on a technical problem so he stops questioning me about my team mates

@Prototype: 2d6+3 provoke brass = (6+3)+3 = 12

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 22, 2020

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

TITAN
Danger +2 | Freak +1 | Savior -1 | Superior +2 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 0/5 | Conditions:

I flinch as I hear the gunshots. I figure I'll probably be fine, but I don't want anyone else to get hurt. When I hear another gunshot, my rage boils over, and I decide that's enough. I leap after her, landing in a slide, I take out her legs again. As she falls back on the ground, I rip the gun out of her hands and stand up. I make sure she sees me, then I slowly, deliberately crumple the gun into a useless chunk of scrap metal.

"Well, you can't say I didn't warn you."

As I see Black Widow squaring up with the other thug, I hurl the gun right next to her head. Not enough to put her in the hospital, but enough to make her flinch for Black Widow to take her down.

getting team from Black Widow to boost my directly engage to a 10

Avoiding blows and taking gun.

Capfalcon fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 22, 2020

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Freak +2 | Danger +1 | Savior +2 | Superior -1 | Mundane -1 || Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: Angry, Insecure

I laugh at that, "Oh, you're real tough. But..." I flip up as the knife cuts towards me and effortlessly kick it through the window and into the floor right by Rory's head. It quivers as it strikes home, maybe a millimeter from her face, and a lock of hair slides to the floor. "...You ever think that you might not have the chance? Keep pushing, maybe you'll see what happens when I stop playing nice with trash like you."

Teaming Titan's engage and receiving one from him in exchange.

You know, it's funny really. She did the whole 'come at me' bit, but when I do? It's goddamn crystal clear she doesn't realize how fast I can move. The balled-up gun catching her eye doesn't help her much either. I sweep her leg, then hit her with an axe-kick to the gut as she falls to the floor. If nothing else, she's gonna be feeling that one in the morning.

Foot still digging into her lungs, driving out her breath, I say in a low voice, "You talk a big game, but people like you? You've hit me where I sleep. Where I live. I won't think twice about returning the favor. Make a threat like that, much less follow through, and I'll make drat sure you never get a good night's sleep again. I'd only need to get lucky once... but you? You'll need to be lucky every goddamn day for the rest of your life. Pick your poison, lady. Hospital or morgue?"

quote:

SidekickBOTToday at 2:05 PM
@Black Widow: 2d6+1 DE Yuuko = (5+3)+1 = 9

Team from Titan makes that a 10, so I'll avoid blows and Impress/Surprise/Frighten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Team: 3

Prototype: "I'm not-" Brass sighs. "Fine. Yes, I'll help. Let's see what we got here..."

The two of you work together, and it's like how he'd help you with projects back in school. Just the two of you, together, figuring out a problem that could be solved in a matter of hours. Despite what you said, you can see it brings him happiness to have this moment with you. You manage to work out the issue and resolve it.

When it's over Brass says "Should be fine now. I need to head out, do my own work out in Halcyon. Let me know when you talked to your team." He starts to walk out. What do you do?

Titan: As you glance to make sure you hurl the crushed up gun right, you feel Romy grab your leg and yank you down onto the ground. She starts crawling over you in an attempt to pin you to the ground. Good news is that this gives Sang the chance to get away. Bad news, it looks like she's decided to take out her frustrations on you.

Romy marks Angry

What do you do?

Black Widow: She tries to catch her breath before responding to you. "...Okay, calm down Spider Junior," she manages to get out. She grabs your foot and slowly lifts it off her lung and gasps in some air. "Too far? Okay, I'll dial it back just for you then." She's clearly trying to act like she's joking around, but you can tell she doesn't have the confidence she had just a moment ago.

Yuuko marks Insecure

"I'll leave Sang alone then. That work for you? Dai is going to be pissed at us for not doing our job right you know." You notice she still has a grip on your leg - and that Titan and Romy are wrestling with each other now. What do you do?